LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 197 users in the forums

Pita Taumoepenu, DE, Utah

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Heroism:
If Pita becomes even a serviceable player, John Lynch's 2017 class will become that much more impressive. Having multiple day-3 starters from a single draft class is rare.

Yeah pretty nuts. I really think pita could be that sleeper x-factor of this D. Even if we got to wait till after mid season to start seeing it come together.

Remember y'all the kid is raw AF. Hes probably barely even tapping into his potential.
Wow, he does look bigger and stronger this year.

Originally posted by NCommand:

Yeah that's why I posted it. For the arm being in that position it's looking quite jacked. Hell probably put on another 2-3 lbs by TC. Should be perfect.

Looks like he's working on SAM stuff here
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Jun 2, 2018 at 12:38 PM ]
  • 91til
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
If Pita becomes even a serviceable player, John Lynch's 2017 class will become that much more impressive. Having multiple day-3 starters from a single draft class is rare.

Yeah pretty nuts. I really think pita could be that sleeper x-factor of this D. Even if we got to wait till after mid season to start seeing it come together.

Remember y'all the kid is raw AF. Hes probably barely even tapping into his potential.

Here's to hoping. Would obviously be huge for our team
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

If his upper body is stronger and toss around tackles *and* still have the speed and explosiveness he had as a rookie, he could be a big factor in our post season. I'd love for him to develop a credible bull rush to counter his arc rush, and inside move.
Originally posted by Giedi:

If his upper body is stronger and toss around tackles *and* still have the speed and explosiveness he had as a rookie, he could be a big factor in our post season. I'd love for him to develop a credible bull rush to counter his arc rush, and inside move.

OMG dude put up 24 reps of 225 when weighing 243 last year at his pro day. So 11 lbs difference and 15 months later, I bet my left testicle he can get up 30+ now and has gotten tackle worthy strong.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

OMG dude put up 24 reps of 225 when weighing 243 last year at his pro day. So 11 lbs difference and 15 months later, I bet my left testicle he can get up 30+ now and has gotten tackle worthy strong.

Make sure you donate to the local Sperm bank, just in case you are wrong.
Trying not to get my hopes up on this kid, but hopefully he takes the pass rushing job and runs with it.

I don't remember, did he have snaps last year at all?

Make sure you donate to the local Sperm bank, just in case you are wrong.

Haha no way that much time goes by, gains 11 lbs of pure muscle, being so young that he didn't get considerably stronger and cant crank out an extra 6 reps. I'm sure the dude reps 315+ at the gym.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Jun 2, 2018 at 1:13 PM ]
Originally posted by jeepzilla:

I don't think so, but he may have had a few in the Rams game.

I love Pita's urgency. The guy plays with his hair on fire.

Originally posted by jeepzilla:

I don't think so, but he may have had a few in the Rams game.

I love Pita's urgency. The guy plays with his hair on fire.

He was only active for the Colts and Skins games and only played special teams.
Between Pita and Eli, our SAMs definitely look the part.

Nice to see. Hope this kid develops this year
Originally posted by GoldBrick:

Eli is trash, hope some young cat unseats this worthless POS
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Originally posted by GoldBrick:

Eli is trash, hope some young cat unseats this worthless POS

Eli is one of Baalke's last trash they need to get rid of. This year might be the year if he doesn't pan out at LEO.
Share 49ersWebzone