LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 234 users in the forums

DJ Jones-DT-Denver Broncos

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by miked1978:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Again… DJ Jones is a nose tackle that has 3tech versatility. He was the #1 rated run stopper in the NFL that can also give you pass rush reps. Acting like he's easily replaceable by some random street FA is naive at best.

And for the record I never said Bosa doesn't help DJ. DL all help each other. If you think DJ didn't help the rest of the dline I'm sure you also believed Aldon Smith couldn't rush the passer without Justin.

Where are you getting your grades from? Pff has him #20 in run stopping. He also played roughly 50% of the snaps. As much as l love DJ, that is replaceable for a team up against the cap.

He was the 19th rated DT overall by PFF. Which includes all 3 and 1techs.

But he's #1 in run stop percentage. Also per PFF.

Can you provide link? I'm a pff subscriber and i dont see that.
Originally posted by miked1978:

Can you provide link? I'm a pff subscriber and i dont see that.

I guess run defense grade and run stop percentage are two different things.

I'm also a PFF subscriber so I see what you're saying.

Dam we lost a really good player
What is this guys contract status? He was great against the run.
Originally posted by TD49ers:

He has another year. But with all we have invested in the D-line, I doubt we go there. Honestly, I think he was a bigger lost than Buckner. Defense didn't miss a beat losing him, The defense DID change when he lost Jones.
Originally posted by TD49ers:

Local media thinks he's gonna be cut cause he wasn't good last year. I didn't watch the Broncos last year so that's just what they are saying
DJ has a cap hit of $13m
Denver is $16m OVER the cap
and DJ's PFF grade last year was 56.2...

he's definitely a cut candidate, just turned 29

would be awesome to get him and Laken back, fill two needs, neither would count against '25 comp picks, and we already know they're both system/locker room fits
Hopefully, Denver cuts him soon, and DJ comes back home. Dude is still an animal against the run. He would be a massive boost to the run defense as well as the pass rush by keeping our interior guys fresh.

[ Edited by Heroism on Mar 7, 2024 at 2:11 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
Hopefully, Denver cuts him soon, and DJ comes back home. Dude is still an animal against the run. He would be a massive boost to the run defense as well as the pass rush by keeping our interior guys fresh.

So this is what coaches mean when they say hit everything.

That's a rough pff grade but I don't put a ton of stock into them. Cant' say i watched him much last year. I'd definitely take him back
God I miss DJ
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

What do we do with Hargrave? Rotate him with AA?
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

What do we do with Hargrave? Rotate him with AA?
I'd assume we rotate him in on passing down. Have him just for nickel pass rush. Keep him fresh and do what he does best. And let DJ stay fresh and do what he does best.
God I miss DJ

Same.
Share 49ersWebzone