LISTEN: Way Too Early 49ers Roster Prediction →

There are 94 users in the forums

Reuben Foster

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
How long before they're back together?

I think they are still together now. Which tells you where his head is at. He won't last long on this team with that GF. She will make up something else to ruin his career the next time he wants to break up with her.

You got a link stating that? Last I saw he had a court order that said he couldn't speak to her.
Donald Penns charges have already been dropped and the case seems very similar. Hopefully this thing can get resolved soon.
Originally posted by angelv05:
Donald Penns charges have already been dropped and the case seems very similar. Hopefully this thing can get resolved soon.
not in anyway close to being similar
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Basically, the judge has to determine if he thinks it's credible that the victim in question is plausibly lying about it not happening. If he feels there's enough evidence to show that she's lying now and for a jury to see the evidence, things will move forward. If not, it won't go any further than the preliminary hearing.

I'd be really surprised to see a plea deal - especially with Foster's attorney looking for a quick trial. They feel like the onus is all on the prosecution to prove that the victim is lying and that Foster really did harm the woman.

If Foster really didn't hurt her, he shouldn't agree to any plea deal IMO. I wouldn't. I just think this case is gonna be too hard to get 12 people to all agree that he, without a doubt, did it.

From her new story and video to the claim by the DA that he punched her 8-10 times in the head and all she had from that was a swollen lip and ruptured ear drum.... I mean...c'mon. A guy the size of Foster is punching someone, out of rage, 8-10 times, they're gonna have some serious damage done, to the point where you'd probably be able to see the marks on her today.

*IF* the truth is that he didn't hit her, then I agree - I'd pursue a trial on both a moral and ethical point of view to exhonorate himself. But if the *truth* is that he did hit her (in some fashion - and only he would know that in his heart of hearts) I'd settle. First of all, it's more a buisness decision than a legal or moral decision at that point. If he can plea down the charges, he has a good chance of getting back on the field with the 49ers before somebody takes his job permanently. Uncertainty is bad for business, that's why businesses always settle if the uncertainty materially affects their business, even though the truth is that they are not guilty and the facts are arguable.

Reuben still has the Alabama drug issue and he's still on Goodell's substance watch program (as far as I know) and he's running out of *get out of jail cards.* He is lucky the Victim is recanting her testimony in the DV issue, I don't know if he'll be as lucky in the Alabama case - ie from an evidence point of view. He has potential technical violations both in obstruction of justice and a firearms charge here in Calif. - those don't go away even with the Victim's recantation. If he does proceed to trial, he potentially will have to appear on both cases and attorney's aren't cheap, specially if they are good. If he settles, both sides can stipulate to not reveal more information than what is already on public knowlege - that protects him from Goodell's investigations with regards to the NFLconduct policy. That eliminates one legal case and he can concentrate on the Alabama issue and possibly plead that down to a lesser charge too. Then once the Alabama case is settled, he can focus on his appeal of his possible suspension from the NFL. Fighting a 3 front war and still trying to play football is not the best strategy to keep his job and play well, in my opinion.

The gun charge will be at most a fine and the gun gets taken away.
And the weed, I've read here it's a 2nd degree charge which is just having some weed (not a lot) in his car. He hasn't tested positive for weed as of now

A good friend of mine is a cop in Tuscaloosa, no he wasn't the one who arrested Foster, but I asked him and Alabama law is that at 2nd degree it was less than 2 ounces IIRC.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Over/Under on how many months before Foster gets in trouble again.

Line is set at 9.5
starting when, Feb 12th ?

so 6.5 to go
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Basically, the judge has to determine if he thinks it's credible that the victim in question is plausibly lying about it not happening. If he feels there's enough evidence to show that she's lying now and for a jury to see the evidence, things will move forward. If not, it won't go any further than the preliminary hearing.

I'd be really surprised to see a plea deal - especially with Foster's attorney looking for a quick trial. They feel like the onus is all on the prosecution to prove that the victim is lying and that Foster really did harm the woman.

If Foster really didn't hurt her, he shouldn't agree to any plea deal IMO. I wouldn't. I just think this case is gonna be too hard to get 12 people to all agree that he, without a doubt, did it.

From her new story and video to the claim by the DA that he punched her 8-10 times in the head and all she had from that was a swollen lip and ruptured ear drum.... I mean...c'mon. A guy the size of Foster is punching someone, out of rage, 8-10 times, they're gonna have some serious damage done, to the point where you'd probably be able to see the marks on her today.

*IF* the truth is that he didn't hit her, then I agree - I'd pursue a trial on both a moral and ethical point of view to exhonorate himself. But if the *truth* is that he did hit her (in some fashion - and only he would know that in his heart of hearts) I'd settle. First of all, it's more a buisness decision than a legal or moral decision at that point. If he can plea down the charges, he has a good chance of getting back on the field with the 49ers before somebody takes his job permanently. Uncertainty is bad for business, that's why businesses always settle if the uncertainty materially affects their business, even though the truth is that they are not guilty and the facts are arguable.

Reuben still has the Alabama drug issue and he's still on Goodell's substance watch program (as far as I know) and he's running out of *get out of jail cards.* He is lucky the Victim is recanting her testimony in the DV issue, I don't know if he'll be as lucky in the Alabama case - ie from an evidence point of view. He has potential technical violations both in obstruction of justice and a firearms charge here in Calif. - those don't go away even with the Victim's recantation. If he does proceed to trial, he potentially will have to appear on both cases and attorney's aren't cheap, specially if they are good. If he settles, both sides can stipulate to not reveal more information than what is already on public knowlege - that protects him from Goodell's investigations with regards to the NFLconduct policy. That eliminates one legal case and he can concentrate on the Alabama issue and possibly plead that down to a lesser charge too. Then once the Alabama case is settled, he can focus on his appeal of his possible suspension from the NFL. Fighting a 3 front war and still trying to play football is not the best strategy to keep his job and play well, in my opinion.

The gun charge will be at most a fine and the gun gets taken away.
And the weed, I've read here it's a 2nd degree charge which is just having some weed (not a lot) in his car. He hasn't tested positive for weed as of now

A good friend of mine is a cop in Tuscaloosa, no he wasn't the one who arrested Foster, but I asked him and Alabama law is that at 2nd degree it was less than 2 ounces IIRC.
it wasn't enough to charge him with distribution, but enough to charge him with something

in CA before the laws changed, having an once could get you busted for distribution, even worse if you have it ready to sell in baggies
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on May 10, 2018 at 8:33 AM ]

I'm going under.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I need some goddamn Reuben Foster arrest news.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
MadDog is thinking like a grown man..reuben is 24 . Sorry but if things are dropped or found not guilty he will get a chance to prove himself to me/us before I crown him as a degenerate loser that should be out of the league.

MadDog is just butt hurt they didn't draft his crush Vander bust. It's all he has beat the table for leading up to the draft.Didn't happen so he is going to belittle a niners player as much as possible to make himself feel right. Time will tell if this was right or wrong.
Originally posted by Izyniner:
MadDog is just butt hurt they didn't draft his crush Vander bust. It's all he has beat the table for leading up to the draft.Didn't happen so he is going to belittle a niners player as much as possible to make himself feel right. Time will tell if this was right or wrong.

Wash your mouth out, MadDog is the Webzone equivalent of Jimmy G, you should show respect.

Originally posted by MadDog49er:
It is the hypocracy of the people who defend him. Let's be real. If he was playing for any other NFL team, he would be classified as a thug, a troublemaker, a loser. Because he is "one of us", people run to his defense as if he is a martyr.

The dude has been arrested twice since being a pro, failed a drug test, got kicked out of the combine and was passed by nearly every team in the draft because of character concerns. He hangs out with a shady woman who fights with others while he has a 9 year old daughter. Not sure why anyone would celebrate this guy as one of us.

It is a shame his family was so screwed up as a kid, but he is now a man with a family and team and. Franchise. And, being a guy who is continually in trouble with the law, whether you like some of the laws or not, is not acceptable to me. I'd rather have good players with good character than losers who continually attempt to sabotage the franchise. Instead of celebrating last year's movement forward, the team has to deal with his crap. It is a waste of time and energy for a team desperately needs a leader, not a guy with two strikes against him in the NFL drug protocol system after one year and someone surely up for a ssuspension regardless of this DV case.

People should be pissed off that he puts himself above the team through his behavior, instead of defending him. So, hell yeah. I am angry

So true.
Originally posted by GMniner805:
It is the hypocracy of the people who defend him. Let's be real. If he was playing for any other NFL team, he would be classified as a thug, a troublemaker, a loser. Because he is "one of us", people run to his defense as if he is a martyr.

The dude has been arrested twice since being a pro, failed a drug test, got kicked out of the combine and was passed by nearly every team in the draft because of character concerns. He hangs out with a shady woman who fights with others while he has a 9 year old daughter. Not sure why anyone would celebrate this guy as one of us.

It is a shame his family was so screwed up as a kid, but he is now a man with a family and team and. Franchise. And, being a guy who is continually in trouble with the law, whether you like some of the laws or not, is not acceptable to me. I'd rather have good players with good character than losers who continually attempt to sabotage the franchise. Instead of celebrating last year's movement forward, the team has to deal with his crap. It is a waste of time and energy for a team desperately needs a leader, not a guy with two strikes against him in the NFL drug protocol system after one year and someone surely up for a ssuspension regardless of this DV case.

People should be pissed off that he puts himself above the team through his behavior, instead of defending him. So, hell yeah. I am angry

So true.

• cciowa
  • Veteran

So true.
805 said what many of us feel. then the defenders demand to know what other incidents he has been involved in. posters point them out but its like they are just pissin into the wind. the foster defenders or foster denials are very strong
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Originally posted by Izyniner:

Wash your mouth out, MadDog is the Webzone equivalent of Jimmy G, you should show respect.
don't disrespect the Jimmy
Originally posted by cciowa:

So true.
805 said what many of us feel. then the defenders demand to know what other incidents he has been involved in. posters point them out but its like they are just pissin into the wind. the foster defenders or foster denials are very strong
there are no defenders lol

just people who think rationally
Share 49ersWebzone