There are 219 users in the forums

Reuben Foster

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by HearstFan:
Foster has vanished as an impact player - can't tackle or cover. (Warner too?)

(I'm sure someone is going to blow-up over this supposition below...but...)
Sometimes trying to "Fix" a guy individually off the field seems to change something that made them great on the field. I'm not saying Aldon and Foster shouldn't be helped - but if you fix them you may not end up with the football player you had envisioned. Buyer beware of that in the draft!!

I am totally guessing here, but let's say Aldon played loose and fast when he was drinking - and maybe his assignments when paired with Justin Smith were simplified. Put that guy in rehad to deal with all his mental issues and he no longer is a.) that committed to his outlet of football, and b.) not mentally in the game and playing fast due to his individual struggles off the field.

Foster - last year he seemed to play fast and angry - which happens to make a good middle LB! This year he dealt with legal issues and is probably in the drug use protocol getting help. If he is getting counseling maybe he is distracted and maybe a little less angry, lol.

NOT saying they shouldn't get help - saying players like that may be a bad risk-reward investment.
Reuben is like Samson. He's only a superstar LB when he's smoking weed and packing heat.
I think he's playing out of position. He's not in the middle of the defense because of Warner, and I think that's the reason..he seems to be fading back a lot getting set to cover, or he's moving to the outside to rush. Intead, last year he was sitting in the middle allowed to make plays and I'm just thinking taking him out of that has affected him
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
I think he's playing out of position. He's not in the middle of the defense because of Warner, and I think that's the reason..he seems to be fading back a lot getting set to cover, or he's moving to the outside to rush. Intead, last year he was sitting in the middle allowed to make plays and I'm just thinking taking him out of that has affected him

What do you mean he's out of position? This is the same position he played last year. He played one game at Mike last year against the Cowboys.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by cciowa:
it was sad to say but. even before his legal things.. we should have drafted a guy as a back up for him cuz the injury issues were huge red flags coming out of college and now this.

Warner?
foster
it was sad to say but. even before his legal things.. we should have drafted a guy as a back up for him cuz the injury issues were huge red flags coming out of college and now this.

Here comes the, "oh yeah, who would you have taken, lolz" response when pointing out a poor decision.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Oct 23, 2018 at 12:21 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
What happened to Reuben's instincts? He shoots this for a TFL last year. The threat of PA was killing them.

Pretty nice job of Thomas fighting through two there.

But to your point, it's very odd. It also looks like he's still favoring that shoulder. Have you noticed any more since his dead arm game?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Here comes the, "oh yeah, who would you have taken, lolz" response when pointing out a poor decision.
and provide a link and if you never played fb , you should not have an opinion
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

Warner?
foster

Warner was the backup to Foster, he us an awesome LB with similar abilities,
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Just blame everything on Salah he seems to be the punching bag even tho his bosses are the ones that built this roster and gave him marsh as the best ER on the team.
Originally posted by susweel:

Just blame everything on Salah he seems to be the punching bag even tho his bosses are the ones that built this roster and gave him marsh as the best ER on the team.

Sus right again.

Lost year, lost season. I'm gonna hold judgment on all players until next season, including Foster. The narrative changed for the whole team once Jimmy got hurt. There's something to be said about what this injury did to the moral of the team.

Foster gets a pass from me for the legal problems. Players have off years and with everything that has gone wrong, I'm not gonna blame Foster for being hurt. This whole year was an experience for him. Let's hope he learned from it and uses it as fuel to get better.
[ Edited by mutant-man49 on Oct 23, 2018 at 2:35 PM ]
Originally posted by mutant-man49:
Lost year, lost season. I'm gonna hold judgment on all players until next season including Foster. The narrative changed for the whole team once Jimmy got hurt. There's something to be said about what this injury did to the moral of the team.

Foster gets a pass from me for the legal problems. Players have off years and with everything that has gone wrong, I'm not gonna blame Foster for being hurt. This whole year was an experience for him. Let's hope he learned from it and uses it as fuel to get better.

the fact that everyone is pass his whole legal dilemma is a huge win for him. Hopefully the offseason he just works on getting better instead of sweating it out in court.
I've never seen Reuben so tentative. Now I'm interested in seeing how the Falcons' LBs(Deion Jones/De'Vondre Campbell/Duke Riley) countered all of McVay's motions and PA bs when they smashed the Rams last year in the playoffs.

[ Edited by Heroism on Oct 23, 2018 at 3:44 PM ]
Foster was graded as one of the best linebackers in 2017 and one of the worst through five games this season

[ Edited by NCommand on Oct 23, 2018 at 5:44 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
I've never seen Reuben so tentative. Now I'm interested in seeing how the Falcons' LBs(Deion Jones/De'Vondre Campbell/Duke Riley) countered all of McVay's motions and PA bs when they smashed the Rams last year in the playoffs.

Bad shoulder?
Share 49ersWebzone