There are 155 users in the forums

Reuben Foster

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
No surprise that our teams doctors failed us. Common theme over the years.

This is the most puzzle of all. Going as far back as Alex Smith and his injury our team doctors have been trash. I'm not sure who's worst, them or our strength and conditioning staff? We should fire the whole lot of them.
I'm not gonna judge any of the year 1-2 players on d until we get a competent DC.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

This is the most puzzle of all. Going as far back as Alex Smith and his injury our team doctors have been trash. I'm not sure who's worst, them or our strength and conditioning staff? We should fire the whole lot of them.

This is an excellent point. Stanford is right there - get some better doctors. But you are right, the Team Doctors AND Training Staff have been absolute fails. I hope they have outside consultants engaged right now advising them on what to change.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Dude has been around for a long time...
https://www.49ers.com/team/front-office-roster/jeff-ferguson
Foster has vanished as an impact player - can't tackle or cover. (Warner too?)

(I'm sure someone is going to blow-up over this supposition below...but...)
Sometimes trying to "Fix" a guy individually off the field seems to change something that made them great on the field. I'm not saying Aldon and Foster shouldn't be helped - but if you fix them you may not end up with the football player you had envisioned. Buyer beware of that in the draft!!

I am totally guessing here, but let's say Aldon played loose and fast when he was drinking - and maybe his assignments when paired with Justin Smith were simplified. Put that guy in rehad to deal with all his mental issues and he no longer is a.) that committed to his outlet of football, and b.) not mentally in the game and playing fast due to his individual struggles off the field.

Foster - last year he seemed to play fast and angry - which happens to make a good middle LB! This year he dealt with legal issues and is probably in the drug use protocol getting help. If he is getting counseling maybe he is distracted and maybe a little less angry, lol.

NOT saying they shouldn't get help - saying players like that may be a bad risk-reward investment.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
I'm not gonna judge any of the year 1-2 players on d until we get a competent DC.

It's scary how unprepared our second year guys look. I'm extremely worried that it really is coaching and not the players at this point. How do Foster, Witherspoon, Colbert, Thomas all go from looking like they are growing in year one to being total losers in year two?

Like NC said, our offensive guys are producing and have made huge strides in development. Beathard, Kittle, Breida, Mostert, Tomlinson in their second year here. Even Garnett looked decent in limited action.

He may be right. I think our defense really is being held back after all.
#BlameSaleh #FireSaleh #SalehGottaGo
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
the entire defense is regressing, foster is sposed to be a cornerstone. jesus. but at least we have three threads to provide cover for the dc that all say the same while the mods shut down the fumbling thread because the same things in that thread are being said in other threads.lol
Originally posted by cciowa:
the entire defense is regressing, foster is sposed to be a cornerstone. jesus. but at least we have three threads to provide cover for the dc that all say the same while the mods shut down the fumbling thread because the same things in that thread are being said in other threads.lol

We should have a thread about threads.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
it was sad to say but. even before his legal things.. we should have drafted a guy as a back up for him cuz the injury issues were huge red flags coming out of college and now this.

it was sad to say but. even before his legal things.. we should have drafted a guy as a back up for him cuz the injury issues were huge red flags coming out of college and now this.

Warner?
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

Warner?

I think Warner was picked to play since Malcolm hadn't been staying healthy.

Warner?

Yup. I think the problem is they're playing in the wrong system. I think with the players we have now a 3-4 makes more sense. Foster and Warner flying around as dual middle linebackers ala Willis/Bowman makes more sense.
What happened to Reuben's instincts? He shoots this for a TFL last year. The threat of PA was killing them.

[ Edited by Heroism on Oct 23, 2018 at 9:19 AM ]
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Warner?

Yup. I think the problem is they're playing in the wrong system. I think with the players we have now a 3-4 makes more sense. Foster and Warner flying around as dual middle linebackers ala Willis/Bowman makes more sense.

Yeah but we still don't have the OLBs in that case. Unless that's how you want to use Marsh but he was pretty dang vocal about how much he despised playing linebacker in New England.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Oct 23, 2018 at 9:34 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone