There are 176 users in the forums

WR Pierre Garcon thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by nj9er:
Still want Pryor as well

Yup, need the big-bodied Z...so, Britt, Pryor or Jeffery and resign Streater for depth. Done.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Sign Garcon, draft Corey Davis and Evan Engram, wait for The Cousins to arrive next season. Start bombing on them fools.
This is an excellent signing by the new 49ers regime and I can't help but think it is due to the credibility and connections Shanahan has made with players over the years. It is nice to have a WR who can actually run all the routes like a professional WR should be running them. It opens up the playbook, forces defenses to be slightly less sure of their reads and coverages and adds more ways for the team to hurt defenses. Love the signing. People are high on Kerley but I really think he's best suited for a #4 WR so we could sure use another wideout.

The $16 million figure, if true, is likely a salary cap management thing to front load the deals of their best players. This also reduces the need to draft a WR early unless they deem the guy to be the best player on their board.
[ Edited by bzborow1 on Mar 8, 2017 at 8:50 AM ]
Who was that WR we got from the CFL?
Sign Garcon, draft Corey Davis and Evan Engram, wait for The Cousins to arrive next season. Start bombing on them fools.

Garcon is 31 they can't spend like that and wait another year to get Cousins. I am starting to believe the rumors that Cousins will be in San Fran this year.
How has Garcon played against teams like the Seahawks defense? Not that I expect him to light them on fire...but I hope he's done well against them.

Him and Kurley are VERY reliable WRs for a QB.

This should also make Kirk want to be on this team even more...I'm sure Kirk and Garcon formed a tight relationship.

We still better add a Big Fast WR like Cory Davis. Straight Game Breaker!
[ Edited by Afrikan on Mar 8, 2017 at 8:50 AM ]
Originally posted by slowriot:
trey wingo‏Verified account @wingoz 55s55 seconds agoMore
Garcon paving the way for another Washington to San Francisco player to feel more comfortable?

Chris Thompson come on down!
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by jrg:
@mortreport: When WR Pierre Garcon finalizes deal with 49ers, as expected, league sources believe he will make $16 million in first year.

Smart...all front loaded, I'm sure.

XWR: Pierre Garcon; DeAndre Carter, Chris Harper & DiAndre Campbell
YWR: Jeremy Kerley; Aaron Burbridge, Bruce Ellington & Rashad Ross
ZWR: ???; Rod Streater, DeAndre Smelter & Eric Rogers

This was my immediate thought as well. Side note: I would take Streater off, as he was not re-signed and is now a free agent. Unless I'm mistaken, Campbell also is a FA who was not retained and will not be part of the 90 man roster. He did not sign a futures/reserve deal.

Agreed, you are correct about Streater (I'm hoping we resign him for depth). As to Campbell, this is what I got from AB. Did he get signed elsewhere?

Practice Squad: --- Courtesy of AB81Rules
Notes: P-Squaders; WR DiAndre Campbell, OT Norman Price, OL Mitchell Van Dyk, CB Prince Charles Iwora & RB Raheem Mostert
**Have signed elsewhere: Colin Kelly (Jags), Brandon Chubb (Lions), Curtis Grant (Giants), Mose Frazier (Panthers), Duke Thomas (Cowboys) & Fahn Cooper (Colts)
WR DiAndre Campbell
OT Norman Price
OL Mitchell Van Dyk
CB Prince Charles Iwora
RB Raheem Mostert
**OT Fahn Cooper
**ILB Curtis Grant
**WR Mose Frazier
**OT Colin Kelly
**LB Brandon Chubb
**DB Duke Thomas
Originally posted by Joecool:

Eric Rogers, he just caught a TD for me in madden lol
good signing. Baalke would have never signed Garcon.

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Garcon had to ask who will be throwing him the ball, and it looks like got a really good answer.

I bet you the answer was.......

Cousins!
Upgrade over Torrey Smith

IMO we are already better talent wise then we were last year and free agency hasn't even officially started yet.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
How has Garcon played against teams like the Seahawks defense? Not that I expect him to light them on fire...but I hope he's done well against them.

Him and Kurley are VERY reliable WRs for a QB.

This should also make Kirk want to be on this team even more...I'm sure Kirk and Garcon formed a tight relationship.

We still better add a Big Fast WR like Cory Davis. Straight Game Breaker!

Agreed, just need our ZWR...Mike Williams, Corey Davis or Britt, Pryor or Jeffrey.
Originally posted by slowriot:
trey wingo‏Verified account @wingoz 55s55 seconds agoMore
Garcon paving the way for another Washington to San Francisco player to feel more comfortable?

Hell yeah, we got a newer version of Anquan Boldin N good possibility we get Primos in here as well.................BOOM!!!!
Originally posted by Joecool:

Eric Rogers...big dude...could be a nice fit at the Z
Share 49ersWebzone