LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 175 users in the forums

WR Pierre Garcon thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 9moon:
wasted WR... he's worth no more than $3 million a year... this is one guy that we shoulda signed for only 2 year..

LOL. Technically, we did.
sarcasm or not... you know CPatt brings more to the table, dont you??

Cordelle brings so much to the table he cant even get a 1 year deal, not even from the raiders! lol
[ Edited by 49ersOnMINE on Mar 13, 2017 at 2:12 PM ]
Originally posted by 49ersOnMINE:

Cordelle brings so much to the table he cant even get a 1 year deal, not even from the raiders! lol
Can't believe him and hunter turned out to be busts, they were big time in TN. Saw them when i was out there, bad coaching in TN but they had such raw ability i assumed one of them would pan out.
Originally posted by Matchuu84:
Can't believe him and hunter turned out to be busts, they were big time in TN. Saw them when i was out there, bad coaching in TN but they had such raw ability i assumed one of them would pan out.

He was Raw coming out, I thought hunter was better than cordelle tbh.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
wasted WR... he's worth no more than $3 million a year... this is one guy that we shoulda signed for only 2 year..

Yeah we should of got Cordarelle Patterson instead.

Derp man moon just losing credibility with kind of comments.
Patterson signed in lieu of Garcon? Really? The career numbers sure don't support that...I don't know what part of the fact he's still a baller, will be an uber possession receiver for Hoyer, and a leader among the receiver corps to teach them Shanahan's offense, i.e. the new Niner Way, is lost on some of you. This guy's a proven winner and will show that to everyone, just watch. Wow.
Garcon is Boldin, his game doesn't rely on sped. He is a possession receiver and go to guy. He is familiar with the offense and what Shanahan's system, he just has to adjust to Hoyer's mind set and vision. Patterson's numbers don't support him and he is unfamiliar with the offense not to mention the qb's thinking. The contract is essentially a three deal, because they will probably redo his contract if they go beyond. It was also to show FA's that the niners are willing to pay.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WildBill:
Garcon is Boldin, his game doesn't rely on sped. He is a possession receiver and go to guy. He is familiar with the offense and what Shanahan's system, he just has to adjust to Hoyer's mind set and vision. Patterson's numbers don't support him and he is unfamiliar with the offense not to mention the qb's thinking. The contract is essentially a three deal, because they will probably redo his contract if they go beyond. It was also to show FA's that the niners are willing to pay.

I know he's 30 but has never had a severe leg injury, this said he ran a 4.48 at his combine draft year. Boldin Ran a 4.71.

Both are about the same size Garcon is 6-0 210 and Boldin is 6-1 217
[ Edited by jcs on Mar 13, 2017 at 7:05 PM ]
Originally posted by jcs:
I know he's 30 but has never had a severe leg injury, this said he ran a 4.48 at his combine draft year.

Homeboy fantasy guru at NFL Network said he likes the move of Garcon back with Shanny cause he had his best year with him if I'm not mistaken. I think he'll get 1K.

Nope, Moon, Garçon is well known to kyle, who also knows what he means to the Locker room. He is a triple A+++ for leadership, and for what he brings to locker room. We have had only Joe Staley and Bow when healthy fulfilling that role. We desperately need that kind of leadership. Hey, let's not forget the guy has great hands and can catch too. But it is his intangibles that make him a keeper and worthy of the longer contract. Love this move.

Reminds me of a young Anquan Boldin
Originally posted by NYniner85:

He had a bunch?
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

He had a bunch?

lol true
  • evil
  • Veteran

Based on what ? Garcon has proven to be a more productive player, knows the system and is a known leader in the locker room. Outside of the return game, Patterson has been a huge disappointment since being drafted. Seems you are either looking to stir the pot or are being biased towards a player simply based off of personal preference.
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by WildBill:

I know he's 30 but has never had a severe leg injury, this said he ran a 4.48 at his combine draft year. Boldin Ran a 4.71.

Both are about the same size Garcon is 6-0 210 and Boldin is 6-1 217

While Garcon isn't a burner, he's definitely a good move-the-chains receiver who has enough speed to get more RAC on shorter routes than Boldin would.
Share 49ersWebzone