LISTEN: 49ers Draft Hits And Misses With ESPN's Matt Miller →

There are 109 users in the forums

WR Pierre Garcon thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
$28.5M over 3 years if AB81Rules has it right.

I'm assuming the signing bonus is included.

3 year 30m was what i was thinking so this works
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
His deal is supposedly 3yr for $9.5M a yr, so $28.5M, with $12M signing bonus, his cap numbers should be $8M(2017), $11M(2018), and $5.5M(2019), he probably got his entire 1st year base guaranteed, and 2nd year either most gtd at signing, or on April 1 2018.

That dude who gave us a D- for this signing supposedly being a "desperation" and "knee-jerk" move officially looks stupid for "knee-jerking" to the initial details of the contract.

Under $10M a year is great. I was expecting 10-12 per year. But of course nobody will talk about it. Too many people still laughing at "omg $16M first year lolllllll"

So is it $40.5 mil potentially over 3 years?

$28.5M over 3 years if AB81Rules has it right.

I'm assuming the signing bonus is included.
So basically we traded away Torrey Smith's 267 yards for a 1,000 yard receiver that can run more than one rout.
Originally posted by jcs:
So basically we traded away Torrey Smith's 267 yards for a 1,000 yard receiver that can run more than one rout.

Well when you put it that way it sounds like we got one heck of a deal

Heck, even Marquise Goodwin was more productive than Torrey last year.

Definitely upgraded the WR core, can't wait to see who add in the draft.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Mar 9, 2017 at 3:38 PM ]
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by jcs:

Well when you put it that way it sounds like we got one heck of a deal

"No it's a terrible deal! Garcon is meh at best! Only looked anything close to good because he was playing with Cousins (who I call "average" every time we're thinking about trading for him)! And we paid him $16M in the first year!!! $16M!!!!! AWFULLL!!!"

- WZ
Wonder why the low TD and YPC numbers?

System?
5 year 47.5m?
5-year deal, $9.5M per year, $20M guaranteed.

I'll take it. Definitely not a short-term deal, though. Going to be an Anquan Boldin type of a receiver in his later years.
Well it's pretty much 3 year deal is say. Just read Final 2 years would be paid 8.9m and 9.6m. So if he regresses he could be cut without any penatly I'm assuming
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Really good contract.

Niners need to invest in WRs early. He'll help teach them the playbook
Niners need to invest in a lot in this draft. We still have needs all over the place. I still have my fingers crossed that Garrett is there at number 2. If not, then we need to trade down a bunch of times. We need some O line that can play his system, and we could use an elite WR if possible.
Originally posted by Jcool:

Basically 3 yrs 29 mill. Sounds about right to me.
Originally posted by Jcool:

Hmm, my guess is then 2017 cap number is $8M and 2018 $11M, since reports are $12M signing bonus, so that's $2.4M a year over 5 years. If true about $17M fully gtd, could be a $3M base in 2017 and $2M base guarantee in 2018. Or something like that.
Yeah, if Garcon stays healthy, that third year at 6 million should be a lock, but the 4th and 5th year deals would be up to his performance to that point, or if we have cheaper options inside to take over and save us some money. But his 3rd year for only 6 million seems like a no brainer, he'll only be 33 going into that year, so he should still be effective. His skill set should age well, just like Boldins has.
Share 49ersWebzone