LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 169 users in the forums

NY Jets HC-Robert Saleh

Shop 49ers game tickets
If Saleh gets fired, one thing I won't be sad to see go is the obsession with tall cornerbacks.
[ Edited by Heroism on Oct 23, 2018 at 10:29 PM ]
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Heroism:
I don't get it. I remember watching this live and scratching my head wondering why there's a massive bubble on the backside B gap? Is AA misaligned? It appears they wanted to be in their bear front.

LOL...Baldy killing us. Good.

I swear I've seen this all year...HUGE gaps in alignments in goal line...right up the middle.

I love when Baldy does this...I hope he exposes our poor defense all the time. ALL THE TIME!

With a gap that open, Gulliver would complain it's too loose

I hope the damn team learns and improves fast

Salehs best help is Shanny moving the ball on O and sustaining drives. Just think how bad this would be if we had that announcer turned OC Jimmy T's buddy running our offense. Our guys don't know the basics.

The 49ers opponents start their drives on average on the 33.16 yard line, by far the worst in the NFL. Last year they were at 29 which was good for 23rd in the NFL. They also went from 12th most offensive turnovers in 2017 to the most offensive turnovers in the NFL this year.

That stat I posted yesterday was only through week 6, it's much worse now, I believe somewhere close to the 50 yard line which is absolutely insane.
Hopefully we won't see Mitchell play so many snaps anymore, he literally gets pushed down the block and out of the plays as our "stout" run stopping nose tackle.

Those goal line formations are hilarious, you would think it was 3rd&15 at mid field!
[ Edited by crusher49er on Oct 24, 2018 at 5:49 AM ]
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by LVJay:
I don't get it. I remember watching this live and scratching my head wondering why there's a massive bubble on the backside B gap? Is AA misaligned? It appears they wanted to be in their bear front.

I swear I've seen this all year...HUGE gaps in alignments in goal line...right up the middle.

I love when Baldy does this...I hope he exposes our poor defense all the time. ALL THE TIME!

With a gap that open, Gulliver would complain it's too loose

I hope the damn team learns and improves fast

The first time I noticed this odd alignment in goal line/short yardage was the KC game. RB walks in casually completely untouched right up the gut.
If Saleh gets fired, one thing I won't be sad to see go is the obsession with tall cornerbacks.

Trees. So many trees.
Saleh finally made the adjustment many of us on here clamored for in his snickel package(Mitchell out, Solly in). But does that mean we can no longer call it the snickel package? Because now the snickel package and the pass-down nickel are one in the same(well, except for the edges. AA still in).

LOL...you may need to start a poll with some new names.

How about the "StuBY package?"

Dana Stubblefield + Bryant Young
[ Edited by NCommand on Oct 24, 2018 at 9:10 AM ]
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
I'm starting to hope Dan Quinn gets fired
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerGM:
No, no this is happening because of "injuries" and "back-up players". It will all be solved when we draft an EDGE and Jimmy G comes back. This is inexcusable as an NFL DC.

This is exactly what I mean by "do we have the right coaches in place to develop talent once it arrives?" Each week my faith in this coaching staff (not the HC) diminishes -, especially on defense.

how can anyone defend this anymore. they can no longer say. well provide proof and links he sucks. you guys have done well in this area.. sadly
Originally posted by NinerGM:

No, no this is happening because of "injuries" and "back-up players". It will all be solved when we draft an EDGE and Jimmy G comes back. This is inexcusable as an NFL DC.

This is exactly what I mean by "do we have the right coaches in place to develop talent once it arrives?" Each week my faith in this coaching staff (not the HC) diminishes -, especially on defense.

Same!
  • thl408
Originally posted by 9er2k:

I'm on board with this. Don't know if he's the guy for the job, but he'd definitely be a candidate. His defense was hit hard with injuries so he might get a pass for 2018.

Originally posted by 9er2k:

Maybe in 2019.
Originally posted by thl408:
I'm on board with this. Don't know if he's the guy for the job, but he'd definitely be a candidate. His defense was hit hard with injuries so he might get a pass for 2018.

So what you're saying is we need to change to the 3-4.
  • thl408

That would solve everything that's wrong with the defense

Duh!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

Duh!

lol at arm chair fans who think they know more than our coaches. led by the best gm in the nfl and the most brilliant offensive minded coach in the nfl
Share 49ersWebzone