There are 193 users in the forums

NY Jets HC-Robert Saleh

Shop 49ers game tickets
This scheme only works if there's talent on the defensive roster. Saleh isn't out-scheming anybody with the single-high-safety-shell. He needs better players that can execute.
  • bud49
  • Veteran
Probably need to change the thread title, I have my doubts that Defensive Coordinator needs to be put by this guys name.
Goals!

Originally posted by NCommand:
Goals!

How in the world did they manage to make the team worse?
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Goals!

And this forum flamed me when I argued that the 2016 roster was comparable to 2018 and that KS and JL haven't done much to improve our talent. Check the tape that was about 3 weeks ago.
Originally posted by vamphunter23:
Bears, Browns, and Dolphins have 11 interceptions on the year on defense .....the Bears have played 6 games this year to get the 11 ints.....In the 23 games Saleh coached our defense, we have 11 ints total.....

It's because of how they teach playing DB. They preach play the hands, not the ball. You can't intercept a ball you aren't looking for.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by vamphunter23:
Bears, Browns, and Dolphins have 11 interceptions on the year on defense .....the Bears have played 6 games this year to get the 11 ints.....In the 23 games Saleh coached our defense, we have 11 ints total.....

It's because of how they teach playing DB. They preach play the hands, not the ball. You can't intercept a ball you aren't looking for.

Vic Fangio teaches the same technique. Donte Whitner corroborated that on his 49ers NBC Bay Area show.

Most teams teach that technique.
[ Edited by Heroism on Oct 22, 2018 at 6:39 PM ]
Speaking of Whitner, I highly recommend you check out his IG. He's putting on a clinic breaking down tape and isn't afraid to call guys out and tag them in his videos lol. Whitner said something that I was thinking about last night: "Nobody is inflicting any pain out there." It's so true. Guys are running through zones with impunity. Receivers jump up and celebrate after making a catch because they're virtually uncontested. How many "woo hits" have we seen this year? I can't remember one.

Not looking good for Saleh.
[ Edited by Heroism on Oct 22, 2018 at 7:00 PM ]
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Goals!

And this forum flamed me when I argued that the 2016 roster was comparable to 2018 and that KS and JL haven't done much to improve our talent. Check the tape that was about 3 weeks ago.

Pics or it didn't happen.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Goals!

#Goals #MadSkills

• LVJay
  • Veteran
What ever happened to Extreme Violence / Extreme Physicality... seems like we're the ones always getting hurt

Remember this trinket...remember that dude, the one wearing it?!!

https://www.ninersnation.com/2018/3/16/17131174/robert-saleh-trinket-49ers-defense-jeremiah-attaochu-extreme-violence

If you're looking for ridiculous flashbacks then just google this [ robert saleh extreme violence ]
I just cannot see how this guy comes back, it's so inexcusable how week after week there's blown coverages. That's has nothing to do with talent, it's all coaching. They need to bring someone whose experienced
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
I just cannot see how this guy comes back, it's so inexcusable how week after week there's blown coverages. That's has nothing to do with talent, it's all coaching. They need to bring someone whose experienced

Unfortunately, you're right. Every week the same mistakes are happening. Either the 49ers have dumb players, coaches are not doing their job or a combination of both.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
It is called context.

You championed replacing Harbaugh with Tomsula, you have no room to call anyone out for sugar-coating.

and that last two games with me. and i wanted gruden or older shanny first. if you quote me . do it right, nice deflection and no offense to context. there is a right way and a wrong way to play the game no matter who is there and our team is terrible and is coached terrible. here we are getting blown and we celebrate some meaningless sack or tackle. walsh jh monte george whoever would kick those players right in the ass.
That really irritates me. Not only is it silly but it's embarrasing. Wait until your sack ends the game or is a game changing play.
That and signalling your own first down when you are losing by multiple scores looks a little ridiculous
I realize that positive plays don't come frequently anymore but I wish they would act like they've been there before.
Just my opinion
Originally posted by Sourball:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
It is called context.

You championed replacing Harbaugh with Tomsula, you have no room to call anyone out for sugar-coating.

and that last two games with me. and i wanted gruden or older shanny first. if you quote me . do it right, nice deflection and no offense to context. there is a right way and a wrong way to play the game no matter who is there and our team is terrible and is coached terrible. here we are getting blown and we celebrate some meaningless sack or tackle. walsh jh monte george whoever would kick those players right in the ass.
That really irritates me. Not only is it silly but it's embarrasing. Wait until your sack ends the game or is a game changing play.
That and signalling your own first down when you are losing by multiple scores looks a little ridiculous
I realize that positive plays don't come frequently anymore but I wish they would act like they've been there before.
Just my opinion

It makes them seem like they are more interested in personal accolades than the team goals. Dancing after a sack while down 4 scores late in the second half. SMH.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Oct 22, 2018 at 9:06 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone