There are 307 users in the forums

NY Jets HC-Robert Saleh

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by cciowa:
It is called context.

You championed replacing Harbaugh with Tomsula, you have no room to call anyone out for sugar-coating.

and that last two games with me. and i wanted gruden or older shanny first. if you quote me . do it right, nice deflection and no offense to context. there is a right way and a wrong way to play the game no matter who is there and our team is terrible and is coached terrible. here we are getting blown and we celebrate some meaningless sack or tackle. walsh jh monte george whoever would kick those players right in the ass.

You're wagging your finger at people for providing context and it is rich.
explain context. oh,. let me do it.,., INJURIES. please, our team was not ready to play on offense . how many times have we seen this under this regime. a few games last year with jimmy we were fine. and if we say ALL of these issues are cuz he is hurt. well boo on lynch and kyle for not moving much to improve this team and just thinking jimmy will make it all better. oh and nice wag the finger talk but it takes nothing away from my most this team is woefully prepare in games. and it is terrible you got players celebrate stuff as they are getting blown out. along with everything else. we have a very immature team, and it must reflect the coaches

You talk about other posters too much. You try to shame people over their opinions. You have no room to complain about the opinion of other fans. You did it when you defended Baalke for years and when you defended the Tomsula move too. You should stick to trashing Lynch and Shanny.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
You talk about other posters too much. You try to shame people over their opinions. You have no room to complain about the opinion of other fans. You did it when you defended Baalke for years and when you defended the Tomsula move too. You should stick to trashing Lynch and Shanny.

i will wag my finger at you. you started this whole thing but talking about me
How can anyone really defend this defense and coach at this point. I like Saleh. He seems like a great person, but our defense is not good. We all expected to see growth this year. I don't see it.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
How can anyone really defend this defense and coach at this point. I like Saleh. He seems like a great person, but our defense is not good. We all expected to see growth this year. I don't see it.

same excuse that we give Shanahan.

Shanahan

"He doesn't have a QB"

Saleh:

"He doesn't have an edge rusher"
Originally posted by Ensatsu:

Shanahan

"He doesn't have a QB"

Saleh:

Yeah but our offense usually puts up points. Our defense has yet to have a decent game.

Shanahan

"He doesn't have a QB"

Saleh:

Well he did have a qb, and imo the offense has shown improvement.

Shanahan

"He doesn't have a QB"

Saleh:

What a ridiculous comparison. Our offense had been averaging close to 30 ppg, a top 5 rushing offense, great conversion rates and minimal 3 and outs. Our defense has been a bottom dweller giving up 30+ ppg and looking entirely lost in the process. Our defense and turnovers is losing games. Shanahan doesn't control either.

And our offense isn't just missing A player, we're missing our franchise cornerstone QB1, our RB1, and for all but 2 games our WR1. It's a miracle we're even scoring points with the injuries we have, defense can't say the same.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Put a wig on his ass
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:

Shanahan

"He doesn't have a QB"

Saleh:

What a ridiculous comparison. Our offense had been averaging close to 30 ppg, a top 5 rushing offense, great conversion rates and minimal 3 and outs. Our defense has been a bottom dweller giving up 30+ ppg and looking entirely lost in the process. Our defense and turnovers is losing games. Shanahan doesn't control either.

And our offense isn't just missing A player, we're missing our franchise cornerstone QB1, our RB1, and for all but 2 games our WR1. It's a miracle we're even scoring points with the injuries we have, defense can't say the same.

Damn, and I thought it was the offense thats been turning the ball over...
Not defending Saleh, but I thought the defense played better than what the score indicates. I mean this defense has to make up for at least 3 turnovers a game from the offense.

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 951NINER:
Not defending Saleh, but I thought the defense played better than what the score indicates. I mean this defense has to make up for at least 3 turnovers a game from the offense.

Exactly! The defense has to battle TWO offenses every game.

A mediocre defense that's constantly on the field will never win us games.
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:

Shanahan

"He doesn't have a QB"

Saleh:

The defense never had a cornerstone player. DeFo is good but not a cornerstone.

The offense leads the league in giveaways and a lot of them have come in their own territory.
[ Edited by TheWooLick on Oct 22, 2018 at 4:59 PM ]
Bears, Browns, and Dolphins have 11 interceptions on the year on defense .....the Bears have played 6 games this year to get the 11 ints.....In the 23 games Saleh coached our defense, we have 11 ints total.....
I really like Saleh and I believe this defensive scheme is in it's rightful place back in San Francisco.

That said...this team needs a veteran coaching presence on defense even if that means changing schemes again.

Living in NYC...I sincerely hope if Saleh doesn't make it that the Jets fire Todd Bowles so he can come here and get things in order.
[ Edited by reasonable1 on Oct 22, 2018 at 5:28 PM ]
I hope Colbert a speedy recovery but reed might improve the defense. Cobert wasn't exactly making life difficult for opposing QBs. I did see some improvement this last game as far as no misreads that led to open runs for WRs.
Share 49ersWebzone