There are 227 users in the forums

NY Jets HC-Robert Saleh

Shop 49ers game tickets
Just a hunch, but come opening day I bet warner starts. And Reuben isn't suited up... and i got a bad feeling that is a 4 game minimum....based on rogers quija board and his fortune teller.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Just a hunch, but come opening day I bet warner starts. And Reuben isn't suited up... and i got a bad feeling that is a 4 game minimum....based on rogers quija board and his fortune teller.

I'm OK with this as they need to figure out who their backups are and Foster being out the first four games is better than the last four. If Warner and Foster are eventual starters it leave a nice group of guys to fight for the last LB spot. Hope I'm not over estimating Warner but just believe he may be special behind this DL.
SAM: Warner, Pita, Watson
MIKE: Foster, Coyle,Toomer
WILL: Smith, Warner,Toomer

E.Harold: They're giving him an opportunity at LEO this offseason, but if he doesn't impress the coaches he'll be the odd man out.

Warner: Starts at SAM but can also play all LB position. Incase Foster gets suspended, he'll man the MIKE or WILL until Foster comes back. Future star in the making. Him and Foster(if he stays out of trouble) can be Willis and Bowman 2.0 and become one of the best, if not, the best LB duo in the league in 2 or 3 years from now.

Toomer: His versatility will earn him a spot on the 53 man roster. He's a legit backup for both WILL and MIKE.

Watson: Great locker room guy and a badass ST leader. He's one of the best ST's guy in the league.

Pita: He's a big question mark guy, but his potential and ceiling can't be ignored. He's making the team this year.

Coyle: Recovering from shoulder surgery but knows the system, and played well towards the end of the season. He has a chance to compete and keep his backup job if his shoulder holds up well. Also, a pretty good ST's player.

Smith: Excel in this very same system in Seattle. Shouldn't be a problem for him to pick up where he left off from last season before he got injured. He'll be a stud to reckon with.

Foster: Most talented, best LB we have on the roster. But also the dumbest and the most troubled one. If he fix his off field issues, he can be a top 10 LB in the history of the game.

August needs to hurry the fakk up!! Lehhss Gooo Niners!!
[ Edited by 808niner4lyphe on May 28, 2018 at 11:15 PM ]
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
SAM: Warner, Pita, Watson
MIKE: Foster, Coyle,Toomer
WILL: Smith, Warner,Toomer

E.Harold: They're giving him an opportunity at LEO this offseason, but if he doesn't impress the coaches he'll be the odd man out.

Warner: Starts at SAM but can also play all LB position. Incase Foster gets suspended, he'll man the MIKE or WILL until Foster comes back. Future star in the making. Him and Foster(if he stays out of trouble) can be Willis and Bowman 2.0 and become one of the best, if not, the best LB duo in the league in 2 or 3 years from now.

Toomer: His versatility will earn him a spot on the 53 man roster. He's a legit backup for both WILL and MIKE.

Watson: Great locker room guy and a badass ST leader. He's one of the best ST's guy in the league.

Pita: He's a big question mark guy, but his potential and ceiling can't be ignored. He's making the team this year.

Coyle: Recovering from shoulder surgery but knows the system, and played well towards the end of the season. He has a chance to compete and keep his backup job if his shoulder holds up well. Also, a pretty good ST's player.

Smith: Excel in this very same system in Seattle. Shouldn't be a problem for him to pick up where he left off from last season before he got injured. He'll be a stud to reckon with.

Foster: Most talented, best LB we have on the roster. But also the dumbest and the most troubled one. If he fix his off field issues, he can be a top 10 LB in the history of the game.

August needs to hurry the fakk up!! Lehhss Gooo Niners!!

CHEEEEE HOOOOO!!! GET NUTZ!!
I just got around to watching the video of Salah's last meeting with the press. One thing that caught my ear that he said is that out of the crew of people that they have competing for the LEO spot, he had a feeling that one of them may just turn out to be a pass rushing stud. I imagine he is talking about Attaochu, Marsh or Pita. Who do you think he is most likely talking about?
Originally posted by 49ers808:
CHEEEEE HOOOOO!!! GET NUTZ!!

I rather get some titties but okay. Like TI it's whatever you like.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Jun 2, 2018 at 12:33 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erphan:
I just got around to watching the video of Salah's last meeting with the press. One thing that caught my ear that he said is that out of the crew of people that they have competing for the LEO spot, he had a feeling that one of them may just turn out to be a pass rushing stud. I imagine he is talking about Attaochu, Marsh or Pita. Who do you think he is most likely talking about?

I'm betting it's Attaochu. I think Marsh is at his celling and Pita is still too raw and I'm just guessing but I think he will need at least another offseason to fully develop.
Did not realize how fast most of the niner LBs are. I realize the 40 is not the be all and end all, but... These are their top times found on google! Should really help special teams!

Malcolm Smith: 4.4
Korey Toomer: 4.4
Reuben Foster: 4.5
Dekoda Watson: 4.5
Eli Harold: 4.5
Brock Coyle: 4.5
Mark Nzeocha: 4.5
Fred Warner: 4.5
Pita Taumoepenu: 4.6
Elijah Lee: 4.6
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Jun 2, 2018 at 4:26 PM ]
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Did not realize how fast most of the niner LBs are. I realize the 40 is not the be all and end all, but... These are their top times found on google! Should really help special teams!

Speed and athleticism are crucial tenets of the system Saleh brought here. They'll sacrifice strength and size for speed and athleticism at LB.

No surprise, JAX, and ATL have the fastest LB groups in the NFL. ATL has 4.5 guys at every LB spot. They suffocated the Rams with their team speed in the playoffs.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jun 2, 2018 at 4:52 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:

Speed and athleticism are crucial tenets of the system Saleh brought here. They'll sacrifice strength and size for speed and athleticism at LB.

No surprise, JAX, and ATL have the fastest LB groups in the NFL. ATL has 4.5 guys at every LB spot. They suffocated the Rams with their team speed in the playoffs.

"Can't teach speed!" Al Davis

Unfortunately Al Davis never seemed to learn that smart players who are a little slower are FAR better than fast idiots. The 49ers LB's football IQ is going to have a bigger effect on their success than speed. That said it seems they have a fairly smart bunch of fast guys.
Originally posted by Scoots:

Unfortunately Al Davis never seemed to learn that smart players who are a little slower are FAR better than fast idiots. The 49ers LB's football IQ is going to have a bigger effect on their success than speed. That said it seems they have a fairly smart bunch of fast guys.

No but Walsh did! He also learned that fast smart players were better than slow smart players.
Originally posted by Giedi:

I'm betting it's Attaochu. I think Marsh is at his celling and Pita is still too raw and I'm just guessing but I think he will need at least another offseason to fully develop.

I also caught that. Probably Attaochu. hopefully all three will develop. I felt a bit of excitement when he said that.
Originally posted by Lurker:
Originally posted by Giedi:

I also caught that. Probably Attaochu. hopefully all three will develop. I felt a bit of excitement when he said that.

I say Attaochu also

It really depends on opportunities. Most of the LEO's you mentioned are only going to get a shot to play in split with Thomas on base downs there. If Pita wins at SAM and proves to be the 2nd best ER, he could conceivably play, almost every down.

Of the 3 who should have the best QB pressure rate, it'll probably end up with Attaochu with a slight edge over Marsh.
Share 49ersWebzone