LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 253 users in the forums

Martin Mayhew-New GM-Washington Football Team

Shop 49ers game tickets
So tghe
Originally posted by NYniner85:
"Teams that lose a minority coach or executive to a head coach or general manager job with another team will receive a third-round compensatory pick for two consecutive years, per Pelissero. If a team loses a minority coach and an executive to HC and GM roles, that club will receive a third-round compensatory pick for three consecutive years.

According to the resolution, a team is eligible to receive draft pick compensation if the candidate in question has been "employed by the employer-club for a minimum of two years." There can be no break in employment between teams."

Basically if you fire a guy, you don't get a comp pick...so if I'm understanding all those here are the stipulations.

-You have to be a minority.
-You can't go from the same title to the same title in the same yr (ex: fired HC doesn't count).
-you must be with the organization for at least 2 seasons.

So I believe if Mayhew and Saleh got poached from us we would get 3 yrs worth of 3rd rd picks. I mean don't want to lose them, but at least we'd be getting something in return.

So the ideal scenario would be to lose Saleh this year and Mayhew next year getting 4 3d round comps.
Originally posted by AkNiners:
So tghe
"Teams that lose a minority coach or executive to a head coach or general manager job with another team will receive a third-round compensatory pick for two consecutive years, per Pelissero. If a team loses a minority coach and an executive to HC and GM roles, that club will receive a third-round compensatory pick for three consecutive years.

According to the resolution, a team is eligible to receive draft pick compensation if the candidate in question has been "employed by the employer-club for a minimum of two years." There can be no break in employment between teams."

Basically if you fire a guy, you don't get a comp pick...so if I'm understanding all those here are the stipulations.

-You can't go from the same title to the same title in the same yr (ex: fired HC doesn't count).

So I believe if Mayhew and Saleh got poached from us we would get 3 yrs worth of 3rd rd picks. I mean don't want to lose them, but at least we'd be getting something in return.

So the ideal scenario would be to lose Saleh this year and Mayhew next year getting 4 3d round comps.

Yeah weird how it's only 3 if they both leave the same yr.
Originally posted by AkNiners:
So tghe

Yeah weird how it's only 3 if they both leave the same yr.

I think it would be an extra 3rd in three consecutive years.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I think it would be an extra 3rd in three consecutive years.

I'm confused lol? How many 3rd each yr for 3yrs?
I'm confused lol? How many 3rd each yr for 3yrs?

One. I know that's the case if we lose Saleh. Not sure if it's 2021 and 2022 0r if it starts in 2022. If another guy leaves, I think they just tack on one extra year. You don't get 2 more and I don't think you get more than one per year. At least that's the way I read it.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Dec 15, 2020 at 11:32 AM ]
One. I know that's the case if we lose Saleh. Not sure if it's 2021 and 2022 0r if it starts in 2022. If another guy leaves, I think they just tack on one extra year. You don't get 2 more and I don't think you get more than one per year. At least that's the way I read it.

Hmmm not sure about that. I do know that the compensation would start this draft...

If they only lose Saleh they would get a 3rd in 2021 and 2022.

If they only lose Mayhew they would get a 3rd in 2021 and 2022.

If they lose BOTH I see no way how they somehow only get 1 3rd for 3 yrs?

I'm guessing a 3rd in 2023 would be added on?
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Dec 15, 2020 at 11:38 AM ]
Would be nice to get a title before the band starts breaking up.

Hmmm not sure about that. I do know that the compensation would start this draft...

It's 2 3rd's for our defensive coordinator, one this year 2021 and one next year 2022. If Mayhew gets picked up we get an additional third round pick the year after in 2023.
Originally posted by elguapo:
It's 2 3rd's for our defensive coordinator, one this year 2021 and one next year 2022. If Mayhew gets picked up we get an additional third round pick the year after in 2023.

This

If you lose one guy you get ONE 3rd rounder after the compensatory picks are given out for two consecutive years
If you lose two guys you get ONE 3rd rounder for three consecutive years

I'm curious if you lose a guy in consecutive years, do you get two for each guy, giving you two 3rd rounders in the middle year?
Originally posted by elguapo:

which doesn't make sense.....

Teams that lose a minority coach or executive to a head coach or general manager job with another team will receive a third-round compensatory pick for two consecutive years, per Pelissero. If a team loses a minority coach and an executive to HC and GM roles, that club will receive a third-round compensatory pick for three consecutive years.

So if Saleh leaves this yr we get a 3rd in 2021/2022 and if Mayhew leaves in 2022 we get a 3rd in 2022/2023.

but if they leave the same yr we get ONE 3rd in 2021/2022/2023? How does that makes any sense?

I think they would get 2 3rds in 2021, 2 3rds in 2022, and a 3rd in 2023.

Originally posted by 9ers4u:
This

If you lose one guy you get ONE 3rd rounder after the compensatory picks are given out for two consecutive years

I'm curious if you lose a guy in consecutive years, do you get two for each guy, giving you two 3rd rounders in the middle year?

That's the question...So a we saying a team is better off having one guy leave one yr (get a 3rd for him the next two drafts), then having another guy leave the following yr (get a 3rd for him the next two drafts). IMO That doesn't make sense...you'd think you'd get more if they both left at the same time.

I feel like it would go like this (if they both left this yr).

3rd rd comp picks starting at 100.

100-saleh pick
101-Mayhew pick

100-Saleh pick
101-Mayhew pick

100-pick for both Saleh/Mayhew leaving the same yr.

[ Edited by NYniner85 on Dec 16, 2020 at 6:11 AM ]
That's the question...So a we saying a team is better off having one guy leave one yr (get a 3rd for him the next two drafts), then having another guy leave the following yr (get a 3rd for him the next two drafts). IMO That doesn't make sense...you'd think you'd get more if they both left at the same time.

100-saleh pick
101-Mayhew pick

100-Saleh pick
101-Mayhew pick

No, I think it's just they don't want to give more than 1 third round pick a year even if you lose more than one guy which we may this year. In my opinion Mayhew might not leave so we're just going to get a third round pick this year and next for Saleh.

If you lose a combination of two guys then it's what we said.. a third rounder this year $ next year, followed by another the year after. If you lose one guy only a third rounder this year and next year will be awarded. Hope that makes sense

2021 3rd Saleh
2022 3rd Saleh
2023 3rd Mayhew

I really hope the way you're thinking is right because we would get extra pics but I have a feeling it's the way I stayed it assuming they both leave this year
[ Edited by elguapo on Dec 16, 2020 at 5:08 PM ]
He gets to stay because I want him around.

Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Would be nice to get a title before the band starts breaking up.

They had it last year but they didn't want it.
This

100-saleh pick
101-Mayhew pick

100-Saleh pick
101-Mayhew pick

Mayhew already was fired as Lions GM. They aren't hiring him again lol...
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
This

100-saleh pick
101-Mayhew pick

100-Saleh pick
101-Mayhew pick

Mayhew already was fired as Lions GM. They aren't hiring him again lol...

No one said anything about the Lions?

Per Albert Beer....

Washington Football Team: The GM search in Washington will be led by Ron Rivera, who (obviously) has done an outstanding job in Year 1. Hurney could come aboard, either as GM or in a senior role. And ex-Lions GM Martin Mayhew, Titans exec Ryan Cowden and Schoen are among those being considered.
Share 49ersWebzone