LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 357 users in the forums

Martin Mayhew-New GM-Washington Football Team

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
You are happy he's gone because of what he MIGHT be responsible for? Okay.

Webzone logic.
  • thl408
Originally posted by Overkill:
Originally posted by Wolf_Packer_53:
So just one pick for Mayhew?
Yep

1 guy = two picks
2 guys = three picks

That's so backwards. If anything, losing two guys in the same offseason should net more than 4 picks since the losses are compounded.
Originally posted by thl408:
Yep

1 guy = two picks
2 guys = three picks

That's so backwards. If anything, losing two guys in the same offseason should net more than 4 picks since the losses are compounded.

Boohoo. This is a new thing and it's nice to get anything of value. How can you complain about something like this?
Originally posted by NIMV4683:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Love the fact the WFT named Mayhew to a position that grants the Niners more draft picks. Don't care how many. Just glad they got some compensation. This migration of minority front office personnel and coaching staff is going to give Niners the draft capital they need to make some serious moves. Don't forget, the Niners should also get more comp picks next year if some of there 27 free agents sign with other teams. What a bonanza!

AGree. The only downside is losing all this front office talent. Having said that, I'd rather have a 7th (in this case possibly a 3rd round compensatory pic) round make the team, make a critical 3rd down catch or run to win a super bowl than have a stellar front office but no super bowl.

Nahhh. Mayhew might be responsible of McKinnon and many other duds which I'm happy is gone plus 49ers get an extra draft pick as a bonus.

I can officially send my hatred towards Mayhew.

Love the fact the WFT named Mayhew to a position that grants the Niners more draft picks. Don't care how many. Just glad they got some compensation. This migration of minority front office personnel and coaching staff is going to give Niners the draft capital they need to make some serious moves. Don't forget, the Niners should also get more comp picks next year if some of there 27 free agents sign with other teams. What a bonanza!

AGree. The only downside is losing all this front office talent. Having said that, I'd rather have a 7th (in this case possibly a 3rd round compensatory pic) round make the team, make a critical 3rd down catch or run to win a super bowl than have a stellar front office but no super bowl.

Nahhh. Mayhew might be responsible of McKinnon and many other duds which I'm happy is gone plus 49ers get an extra draft pick as a bonus.

Really? Maybe Peters loved Joe Williams and Pettis lol
  • thl408
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Originally posted by thl408:
Yep

1 guy = two picks
2 guys = three picks

Boohoo. This is a new thing and it's nice to get anything of value. How can you complain about something like this?

Because instead of four draft picks, the 49ers get three. And since I'm a 49er fan I want them to have many draft picks.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:

Really? Maybe Peters loved Joe Williams and Pettis lol

Right lol. Pierre Garcon was a good signing until he got hurt. As was Dee Ford. As was Kwon Alexander. Jason Verrett came through this year. Emmanuel Sanders sparked our offense. Every talent evaluator has misses. You just hope the hits can cover the misses. Ours have.
I figure Mayhew has to be all over this Stafford thing. Didnt he draft him? Doubt Stafford would do it. Likely wants to win.
I figure Mayhew has to be all over this Stafford thing. Didnt he draft him? Doubt Stafford would do it. Likely wants to win.

for sure. They need to first figure out how to eat Alex Smith's big contract at the moment. Stafford to WFT makes too much sense.
Originally posted by kansasninerfan:
this has actually been discussed. If The Niners REALLY love Peters and aren't going to let him go that's easy. Promote Lynch to President and promote Peters to GM. They can work out the actual roles within the organization.

said it a year ago and I'm saying it again now

Share 49ersWebzone