There are 175 users in the forums

Your best guess at our FO/Head Coach in 2017?

Shop 49ers game tickets
I don't know if the fan base will stand for a simple reshuffling, after a one win season, there must be blood. If the York's don't make wholesale, and drastic changes, Levi stadium will start to look like Jacksonville, especially with the Raiders on the rise. Don't think for a second, that every person in those seats is as faithful as we are.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
I don't know if the fan base will stand for a simple reshuffling, after a one win season, there must be blood. If the York's don't make wholesale, and drastic changes, Levi stadium will start to look like Jacksonville, especially with the Raiders on the rise. Don't think for a second, that every person in those seats is as faithful as we are.

Do you really think the Yorks will care?

They will just generate income from Levi Stadium with other events
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
No one gets fired and Jed York has a press conference to tell us to trust the process

Excellent
After seeing Baalke get air time on the field and in the press box during the Falcon game, was that staged? Is Jed telling the world that everything stays the same? If so then a DC may be the only move.
What I'd like to see:
Mike Holmgren, Steve Young, or Mike Shanahan in an executive role. VP maybe.

I have no problem with Tom Gamble being the GM, but I really want Merton Hanks hired to play a major role in the executive and/or personnel dept. Perhaps
Assistant General Manager, or EVP of Football Operations, or any role that allows for him to be a go-betweener of the owners, GM, and HC. Now, I'm not sure if Gamble would like that but tough. I would prefer to see Eliot Wolf at this spot though.

That would mean that the HC would likely NOT be Chip Kelly. The scheme he runs would not sit right with Hanks, Holmgren, Young, or Shanahan. If Chip stays with those names in the FO it would mean that Gamble has stayed on and did one hell of a convincing job with the rest of the FO, and convienced Chip to drastically modify his scheme, which I doubt Chip will do. I just don't think Chip's scheme fits the current roster build (minus the injuries). This team is built for more of a power scheme. Chip's scheme is built for more smaller, faster players. And smaller in the NFC West is simply setting us up to be over matched. I think that Chip Kelly still has much to learn about the pro game, and that means a few more years of failure for him to understand certain realities about the NFL game. Personally, I don't want the 49ers to be the team that's at the bad end of his scheme stubbornness. I think it's better for us to just move on from this. So I'd like to see Jon Gruden, or Kyle Shanahan, or Pat Shurmur, or Darrell Bevell, or Josh McDaniels, or even Jim Harbaugh again. Of that group I'd like to see Gruden most or Kyle Shanahan most. I think we should throw a King's ransom to land one of those two. Pay them whatever they want, and give them all the room they say they'll need to be successful and leave them be to do it.

What I think will happen:
The Yorks are gonna stay far away from anything close to names of the glory years. They are just hell-bent on winning their way, even if their way won't win a damn thing. To the extent that they hire A VP to handle all football ops it'll be someone from within promoted to that spot. Certainly not anyone off the street that'll come in and in any way burst that York bubble.

Tom Gamble will likely take over for Baalke. Gamble won't disturb that York bubble. And this means that Chip Kelly is likely the coach for 2017. This also means that we're gonna witness more of Chip Kelly's scheme stubbornness, a draft class full of people that'll get pushed around and bullied all around the NFC West. Translation? Not really significant change outside of Baalke. 4-12 for 2017
Gamble/Kelly in 2017
Marathe has vbeen the EVP of Football Operations as well as the Chief Strategy Officer. Unless he gets fired, he will likely remain atop Football Operations.
I think they will either keep Baalke or promote Gamble since he is one of Marathe and Jed's guys.
Gamble or Baalke will keep Kelly.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
What will happen:

Gamble or some no name director of player personnel as GM

Kelly as HC

Pleasantly surprised

One of the names mentioned in the Baalke's replacement thread hired as GM/EVP.
Holmgren sucked with Cleveland in the President role.

Not a good idea.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Holmgren sucked with Cleveland in the President role.

Not a good idea.

Already addressed that. He wouldn't have control of personnel, his job is to run the team like how Jed is "trying" to run it right now.

Mods, shouldn't this be in Niner Talk? Not sure why it got moved.

Originally posted by Ninerfan84:
Already addressed that. He wouldn't have control of personnel, his job is to run the team like how Jed is "trying" to run it right now.

Mods, shouldn't this be in Niner Talk? Not sure why it got moved.

I believe it got moved because nobody has officially been fired yet. When we're officially looking for replacements, that's when these topics make it to Niner Talk.
Time for the full Shanny. Jed can stay as the CEO to save fave but no involvement in football decisions.
Hire Mike to be the team president in charge of football operations.
Hire the younder Wolf from GB or Pioli to be the GM.
Then hire Kyle to be the new coach.
Bring in Fangio to be the DC if he becomes available.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:

I agree. This year has been utterly disappointing and I think it's clear major changes need to happen, not patchwork changes. It has to start at the top (at least GM) and it should be someone from outside the organization (preferably someone from NE, BAL, PIT, GB, or SEA). Those teams continue to be good and know what it takes to win football games on a consistent basis. Get an up and comer from there and let them clean house. Anything outside of that will be more patch work and we are bleeding out too bad for a Band-Aid right now
Originally posted by jobiwon:
Time for the full Shanny. Jed can stay as the CEO to save fave but no involvement in football decisions.
Hire Mike to be the team president in charge of football operations.
Hire the younder Wolf from GB or Pioli to be the GM.
Then hire Kyle to be the new coach.
Bring in Fangio to be the DC if he becomes available.

Fangio or Gus Bradley...hell, maybe even take a chance on Raheem Moore if we can't get those two (this is assuming we get Kyle as HC)
gamble and kelly

I don't want the shannanon's near this team.
Share 49ersWebzone