There are 187 users in the forums

49ers worse nighmare: Harbaugh to the Rams???

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I don't see him leaving Michigan, possibly ever. He's an elite NFL caliber HC, no doubt. But he's set up like a King there at UM. I don't think there's an NFL job that can compete with what he's got there imo.

There is no competition in college, only two or three top teams. We know how much Harbaugh like to compete. I could see him getting bored beating teams 62-0.
Originally posted by susweel:
I hope it happens and he whoops jed ass every year.

This is what has happened to the 9ers fan base and you can't blame us. Watching this team is hard to do and hard to support while we put such a pathetic group on the field. Drain the swamp. That means stop spending money and force Jed to sell... I heard rush limbaugh is open to an ownership roll ;-)
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
I don't see him leaving Michigan, possibly ever. He's an elite NFL caliber HC, no doubt. But he's set up like a King there at UM. I don't think there's an NFL job that can compete with what he's got there imo.

There is no competition in college, only two or three top teams. We know how much Harbaugh like to compete. I could see him getting bored beating teams 62-0.

Harbaughs greatest heroes are college coaches. I can see him very much liking the idea of making Michigan a power house dynasty with multiple championships.
Harbaugh hasn't kept his HC job at any stop for more than 4 years...so it's possible he'd return to the NFL, but Michigan might be different. He'd love to win a national championship there, but there's this team in Alabama standing in his way. It's all hype now...you know the media will exploit it for all its worth. Just not sure if it's really worth anything at this point.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by evil:
Here is the difference, I agree Jed mishandled the Harbaugh situation but I also acknowledge that Harbaugh is just as much to blame for his not being here. He did not help his own situation by all accounts, by being difficult to work with. A healthy working relationship is a two way street.

YES!

Any kind of relationship is healthy when it's a two way street and not a double standard... unless one likes to be mistreated.

With all the talent he had, just one SB loss to show for it

Totally agree.

He's set for life and so is his family.
Originally posted by LVJay:
YES!

Any kind of relationship is healthy when it's a two way street and not a double standard... unless one likes to be mistreated.

hes the only coach in nfl history in his first 3 years to go to CG every season

also has the 5th highest winning % for an nfl head coach in nfl history (min 3 seasons)

also like i said earlier why is it the only 2 succesfull coaches in 49ers past 20 years why did the Yorks have a bad relation with both (mariucci and harbaugh) both were great coaches that won both were fired because they didnt get along with the FO
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by harryj:
YES!

hes the only coach in nfl history in his first 3 years to go to CG every season

also has the 5th highest winning % for an nfl head coach in nfl history (min 3 seasons)

also like i said earlier why is it the only 2 succesfull coaches in 49ers past 20 years why did the Yorks have a bad relation with both (mariucci and harbaugh) both were great coaches that won both were fired because they didnt get along with the FO

Jed isn't a good owner for this team, plain and simple. I'd take Harbs over Mariucci, tbh. However, Mariucci has the better personality and that goes a long way.

All of us or most of us have worked with bad owners, but if you like your job / need your job, you either put up with the bad management, quit or get fired...
Jed isn't a good owner for this team, plain and simple. I'd take Harbs over Mariucci, tbh. However, Mariucci has the better personality and that goes a long way.

All of us or most of us have worked with bad owners, but if you like your job / need your job, you either put up with the bad management, quit or get fired...

i get it

but im just saying i find it wierd that the only 2 coaches that produced wins for us are also the two coaches that couldnt get along with the FO/managment
Even this can't top our current nightmare with the Yorks.

Originally posted by evil:
Here is the difference, I agree Jed mishandled the Harbaugh situation but I also acknowledge that Harbaugh is just as much to blame for his not being here. He did not help his own situation by all accounts, by being difficult to work with. A healthy working relationship is a two way street.

I bet Bill Belechick is just a delight to work with.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by harryj:

i get it

but im just saying i find it wierd that the only 2 coaches that produced wins for us are also the two coaches that couldnt get along with the FO/managment

It's not weird. FO / Owners have many issues. They're far from perfect, and it seems they are (all the Yorks) hard to deal with / cope with.

Marriuci had more than enough time to get us to the SB, and had decent to very good rosters... if not for Hearst getting injured, we had a good shot to beat Atlanta and face Broncos in that SB. Mariucci had his chances, though. His time was up.

Harbs was just butting heads with Jed and/or Baalke a lot and (imo) expressed himself a bit too much when things didn't go his way

But yeah, ownership sucks much. What's new?
Originally posted by susweel:
I hope it happens and he whoops jed ass every year.

This......too bad Jed and the optimist's "Steve Kerr" isnt coaching here anymore, would love to see em get whooped by Harbs too.
Looks like Jim should put an NFL return on hold and worry about fielding a capable offense at UM. 13 points against an Iowa team that lost to North Dakota State? Yikes. Good thing for him UM has played an incredibly soft schedule this year.
Share 49ersWebzone