LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 274 users in the forums

Kirk Cousins

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Had a wide open WR in the endzone in the final minute to beat Dallas last week, he never bothered to look to his right side...

He looked to his left instead and threw game ending INT

This "you like that" footage always cracks me up. Cousins sounded like if he had just won the Super Bowl for the Redskins. LOL. But, he spoke too soon, I think it was a week or two after that, he craped in his pants again like he always does in big games and lost to the Giants and destroyed all hopes and dreams of the Redskins fans of going to the playoffs.

Someone needs to do a spoof or something and get Scot McCloughan to scream back "you like that".
SIGN HIM!
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Had a wide open WR in the endzone in the final minute to beat Dallas last week, he never bothered to look to his right side...

He looked to his left instead and threw game ending INT

This "you like that" footage always cracks me up. Cousins sounded like if he had just won the Super Bowl for the Redskins. LOL. But, he spoke too soon, I think it was a week or two after that, he craped in his pants again like he always does in big games and lost to the Giants and destroyed all hopes and dreams of the Redskins fans of going to the playoffs.

Someone needs to do a spoof or something and get Scot McCloughan to scream back "you like that".

Always does? You realize the guy has started two seasons in the league and plays for one of the worst franchises in professional sports?

You are going to eat so much crow if the 49ers get Cousins.

Anyone who would not want cousins playing for the 49ers next season loses all credibility. All. There are 0 better options available.

I like Garo too. had him as my #2 Qb in the draft, and really wanted the 49ers to draft him. I think he is a stud. But guess what? Cousins is a better QB RIGHT NOW. He has chemistry with the HC and knows the system. There is no better fit.
Originally posted by 15crabtree:
This board is total crazy for cousins .a qb in cousin who has zero playoffs wins & also throws crucial interceptions..and who has the luxury of 3 WRs & tight end ..compare to kaep who only has a slot receiver ok .i will support Kaep get him some weapons .cousins is a no thank you .put Kaep with the weapons cousins has,let's see what he can do

LOL.

This place gets more delusional by the second.

Kap fans, i got some news for you. Cousins would destroy Kap in any QB competition. Cousins is light years ahead of KAP. light years.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by 15crabtree:
This board is total crazy for cousins .a qb in cousin who has zero playoffs wins & also throws crucial interceptions..and who has the luxury of 3 WRs & tight end ..compare to kaep who only has a slot receiver ok .i will support Kaep get him some weapons .cousins is a no thank you .put Kaep with the weapons cousins has,let's see what he can do

LOL.

This place gets more delusional by the second.

Kap fans, i got some news for you. Cousins would destroy Kap in any QB competition. Cousins is light years ahead of KAP. light years.

I'm just curious how you could prove this opinion of yours, because as of yet, Cousins hasn't shown that.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Not really. He's interception happy and looking like a one year wonder.

The worst part about him sucking is that it potentially throws one more woeful looking team into the mix for a QB in the draft.

Back to back 4,000 yard passer that almost hit 5,000 this year. 69% completion in 2015 and 67% completion in 2016. 101.6 QB rating in 2015 and 97.2 QB rating in 2016. These numbers are on a team with no RB to take the load off. INT wise he was at 12 this year 11 last year, in comparison Drew Brees has avg 14.9 int's per season in his career and has had a 22 int season. Another comparison is everyone's favorite Andrew Luck who's avg 13.6 int's per season in his career with a worst of 18.
[ Edited by jcs on Feb 18, 2017 at 5:35 PM ]
Originally posted by jcs:
Back to back 4,000 yard passer that almost hit 5,000 this year. 69% completion in 2015 and 67% completion in 2016. 101.6 QB rating in 2015 and 97.2 QB rating in 2016. These numbers are on a team with no RB to take the load off. INT wise he was at 12 this year 11 last year, in comparison Drew Brees has avg 14.9 int's per season in his career and has had a 22 int season. Another comparison is everyone's favorite Andrew Luck who's avg 13.6 int's per season in his career with a worst of 18.

Kirk also had 9 rushing td's in the last two seasons. He's legit. I wouldn't mind a swap of first round picks and maybe throwing in someid rounders if that's what shanny wanted.
Originally posted by jcs:

To be fair that comment was made when he was struggling early on in the season. He did step it up and play pretty well down the stretch. He's had two pretty good seasons to support that he's developing into a quality quarterback so I have no issues whatsoever with the 49ers potentially acquiring him as long as it doesn't include giving up the #2 pick.
^^what qb or player are you going to take with the #2 that is better than Cousins? There is no bigger impact than QB. Now I am not all for giving the farm as we have many needs to address but you shouldn't be worried about giving the 2nd overall pick for a pro bowl qb
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by TampaBay9er:
^^what qb or player are you going to take with the #2 that is better than Cousins? There is no bigger impact than QB. Now I am not all for giving the farm as we have many needs to address but you shouldn't be worried about giving the 2nd overall pick for a pro bowl qb

Myles Garrett is worth more than a QB who can be had in 2018. Don't get me wrong, if it really came down to two bidding teams which it might be. I'd probably give up the #2 just to beat out the opposing team. But then again, I'm also fine with a few scenarios: Sign Schaub or Hoyer and wait for 2018 for Cousins or Trade for Jimmy Garoppolo instead.

No guarantee of course but Watson could end up better than Cousins. His college tape is way better than what Cousins was. Same can be said about Mitch.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:

No guarantee of course but Watson could end up better than Cousins. His college tape is way better than what Cousins was. Same can be said about Mitch.

lol
A. I don't think Myles will be there at #2 and B. What were Myles stats in the NFL last year?
Originally posted by Kolohe:
lol

At which part ?
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Myles Garrett is worth more than a QB who can be had in 2018. Don't get me wrong, if it really came down to two bidding teams which it might be. I'd probably give up the #2 just to beat out the opposing team. But then again, I'm also fine with a few scenarios: Sign Schaub or Hoyer and wait for 2018 for Cousins or Trade for Jimmy Garoppolo instead.

I'd swap firsts in a second for cousins. There are some good players that could be had free agency wise on defense... cousins will solidify the offense for a long long time
Share 49ersWebzone