LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 173 users in the forums

Lets get T Eugene Monroe

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NJNiner:
Originally posted by Chico:
I doubt we'll go after him. We're too cheap & it makes too much sense.

I regretfully must agree with you! Not gonna happen!

Me three.
There may be some questions about him, but does anyone seriously think he isn't better than Pears?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I wouldn't mind if they traded for Monroe, but no more than a 4th round pick. He certainly couldn't be worse than Pears. And if they don't trade for him no biggie, I like what I've saw in Fahn Cooper in college and would also love to see him win the RT job in a year or so.

Even a 4th is too much. Injury prone tackle on the verge of 30 who has regressed in recent years.

The Baltimore Sun's Jeff Zrebiec thinks the Ravens may have to settle for less.

"My guess would be sixth or seventh-round pick, but I'm not even sure they'd get that," Zrebiec wrote.

As a point of comparison, look at the deal this offseason between the Jets and the Broncos to ship veteran left tackle Ryan Clady to New York. Clady is a four-time Pro Bowler, but he was also coming off a torn ACL that cost him all of last season.

The Broncos traded Clady and a seventh-round pick to the Jets and got a fifth-round pick in return. The Ravens could target a similar deal for Monroe.

Brian McFarland ‏@RavensSalaryCap Brian McFarland Retweeted Captain Dee-Fense

Yes, would agree. Perhaps some team gets really desperate, but would think a 5th is probably the ceiling for Monroe.

Wow didn't know he missed a lot of time on the field, I'd now say a conditional 7th round pick.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
his contract is too rich for Jed.
Originally posted by susweel:
his contract is too rich for Jed.

His contract is too rich period for a guy who struggles to make it out on the field and hasnt been a premier tackle in a few years which is why Baltimore reporters think a trade is unlikely without a restructure.

Jonas Jennings v2.0
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jun 15, 2016 at 11:53 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Ravens released LT Eugene Monroe.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Ravens were talking a Monroe trade with the Giants, but the deal fell through, and Baltimore has decided to release the eight-year veteran. The G-Men have an obvious need with replacement-talent veteran Marshall Newhouse currently manning right tackle and second-year LT Ereck Flowers coming off a bad pass-protecting season. Schefter mentions the Giants, Chargers, and Seahawks as possible landing spots for Monroe, who lost his job in Baltimore after the Ravens drafted LT Ronnie Stanley at No. 6 overall. Monroe has missed 15 games due to injury over the past two seasons
Let's kick the tires on this guy now that he's a FA
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Ravens released LT Eugene Monroe.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Ravens were talking a Monroe trade with the Giants, but the deal fell through, and Baltimore has decided to release the eight-year veteran. The G-Men have an obvious need with replacement-talent veteran Marshall Newhouse currently manning right tackle and second-year LT Ereck Flowers coming off a bad pass-protecting season. Schefter mentions the Giants, Chargers, and Seahawks as possible landing spots for Monroe, who lost his job in Baltimore after the Ravens drafted LT Ronnie Stanley at No. 6 overall. Monroe has missed 15 games due to injury over the past two seasons

He could pick right up where Okung left off in Seattle, a left tackle that is always injured.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jun 15, 2016 at 1:01 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
word is he smokes a lot of weed and wants the nfl to allow it.
  • lazy
  • Veteran
missed 15 games the past two season? pass

• MarkD
  • Veteran
If one of the best GM's in football chose to release him he must be a bum
Originally posted by susweel:
word is he smokes a lot of weed and wants the nfl to allow it.

He'll be a Bronco or a Seahawk by the end of the week.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Baalke scurred... dude might get a concussion, then retire before the start of next season
Monroe has been mostly a disappointment for the Ravens...for a number of reasons, not the least of which are injuries and his penchant for legalizing MJ. Between Trent Brown, Brandon Thomas, Fahn Cooper, John Theus or even AD, one of 'em will step up, so I don't see Monroe as a good acquisition for Kelly's offense. There may well be other vets cut...my vote would be to evaluate those players and steer clear of Monroe.
Alledgedly we're interested in him:

https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/status/743496504057421824

I wouldn't hold my breath though.
Share 49ersWebzone