LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 212 users in the forums

Lets get T Eugene Monroe

Shop 49ers game tickets
Why not? Let those scrubs learn from him for a year or two, Baltimore actively shopping him. Lets see if he can still get it done
Originally posted by FromDaBay2La:
Why not? Let those scrubs learn from him for a year or two, Baltimore actively shopping him. Lets see if he can still get it done

I meantioned it in another thread but he wasn't exactly a stud either last season and I beleive has had only one full season in his career...I depends on what they want and his contract.

Really don't want pears as the starting RT though
http://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2016/06/14/ravens-fielding-trade-inquiries-for-tackle-monroe/
  • Chico
  • Veteran
I doubt we'll go after him. We're too cheap & it makes too much sense.
Originally posted by Chico:
I doubt we'll go after him. We're too cheap & it makes too much sense.

I regretfully must agree with you! Not gonna happen!
If he was so good and bulletproof then why did the Ravens draft a RT in the 1st round?
I'm hoping for brown to make it, but if he can't beat out pears, bring in anyone.
Originally posted by bzborow1:
If he was so good and bulletproof then why did the Ravens draft a RT in the 1st round?

Yeah he is being unseated by a rookie. He isn't good anymore. Big name little production.
Originally posted by bzborow1:

But his name is famous and so he must be super really awesome badass to the nth degree right?

And this is why you don't want fans running a team. "This dude was great 4 years ago, SIGN HEEM NAO!!!"

At this point in time, the best thing that this team can do is find out what they have in their younger players, find out who can hang and who can't rather than chopping them off at the knees early and bringing in some over the hill veterans for a team that won't even sniff the playoffs. See which young guys can play, replace the ones that can't next offseason and keep building the roster up.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I wouldn't mind if they traded for Monroe, but no more than a 4th round pick. He certainly couldn't be worse than Pears. And if they don't trade for him no biggie, I like what I've saw in Fahn Cooper in college and would also love to see him win the RT job in a year or so.

Originally posted by Kolohe:
I wouldn't mind if they traded for Monroe, but no more than a 4th round pick. He certainly couldn't be worse than Pears. And if they don't trade for him no biggie, I like what I've saw in Fahn Cooper in college and would also love to see him win the RT job in a year or so.

Even a 4th is too much. Injury prone tackle on the verge of 30 who has regressed in recent years.

The Baltimore Sun's Jeff Zrebiec thinks the Ravens may have to settle for less.

"My guess would be sixth or seventh-round pick, but I'm not even sure they'd get that," Zrebiec wrote.

As a point of comparison, look at the deal this offseason between the Jets and the Broncos to ship veteran left tackle Ryan Clady to New York. Clady is a four-time Pro Bowler, but he was also coming off a torn ACL that cost him all of last season.

The Broncos traded Clady and a seventh-round pick to the Jets and got a fifth-round pick in return. The Ravens could target a similar deal for Monroe.

Brian McFarland ‏@RavensSalaryCap Brian McFarland Retweeted Captain Dee-Fense

Yes, would agree. Perhaps some team gets really desperate, but would think a 5th is probably the ceiling for Monroe.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jun 15, 2016 at 9:29 AM ]
Ian Rapoport ✔ @RapSheet Expectation is that #Ravens OT Eugene Monroe won't be on the team by the end of Thurs. Could even be traded or released by the end of today
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jun 15, 2016 at 9:30 AM ]
Trade Davis for him.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Trade Davis for him.

i would not give davis the satisfaction. i want the team to screw him over in the worst way anyone could imagine
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Trade Davis for him.

i would not give davis the satisfaction. i want the team to screw him over in the worst way anyone could imagine

I'm not against that either.
Share 49ersWebzone