SalePre-order Dwight Clark tribute, "Letters to 87," for only $17.12

There are 124 users in the forums

Aussies and Kiwis in the NFL

Originally posted by Who-is-Hayne:
Originally posted by Drift:
Looks like Mailata could come available after Jets took Dillard... do we need a new OT yet?

Don't get it. What do jets have to do with Jordan? What did I miss?

Ah, eagles took dillard.
Mailata is project player. He'll play when he does.
  • Drift
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Who-is-Hayne:
Ah, eagles took dillard.
Mailata is project player. He'll play when he does.

Ah, sorry with that.
Originally posted by 16to87:
I'll start to worry when the kiwi invasion starts

[ Edited by 5_Golden_Rings on May 1, 2019 at 6:24 AM ]
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:

I, for one, welcome our new overlords. So cute!
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:

Still a better player than Jimmie Ward.
My dudes! Super stoked to have Mitch on the team. I've been wanting an Aussie punter for a while now. They just seem to have much better control and power than traditional punters in the NFL. I'm curious to see if Mitch can still maintain his sideways running style kick in the NFL. The guys rushing in from the sides are going to be a lot faster in the NFL as opposed to college. I have confidence in him to still be successful if he has to change his motion, but I'd love for it to still work for the 49ers. Gives an extra advantage if the defense has to worry about him pulling it down and running with it. Something else I'm curious to see how much of a green light the team will give him with that.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
My dudes! Super stoked to have Mitch on the team. I've been wanting an Aussie punter for a while now. They just seem to have much better control and power than traditional punters in the NFL. I'm curious to see if Mitch can still maintain his sideways running style kick in the NFL. The guys rushing in from the sides are going to be a lot faster in the NFL as opposed to college. I have confidence in him to still be successful if he has to change his motion, but I'd love for it to still work for the 49ers. Gives an extra advantage if the defense has to worry about him pulling it down and running with it. Something else I'm curious to see how much of a green light the team will give him with that.

The NFL wont phase him in the least.

Since he was an Australian Football League player (not rugby as some have stated) he is used to punting under pressure most of the time and used to punting accurately and long under pressure with people running at him from all angles.

In NFL forward movement is gained by the QB passing the ball forward to a player and the player running it further if they can, passing it to a back to barge through the defensive line or punting it on the 4th down.

In AFL you can pass it but the passes are not long. Ground is gained by punting it forward to a player further down the field until you are in reach of the goal posts.

Some freaks can punt it 70 metres (yards) downfield. In the clip below you can see the first punt for a goal is 65 metres and accurate. Throughout the clip you can see some guys punt it on the run with guys trying to run them down and they still punt it accurately to their team mate. Wishnowsky is a master of this type of punting and the pressure that comes with it.

Guys running at him head on or from his flank just wont worry him in the slightest.

No worries in the slightest mate. He is an outstanding pick and well worth it in the 4th round against conventional wisdom. The naysayers will end up with egg on their face, you just watch
Share 49erswebzone