Shop 49ers game tickets
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
I think he's better than AA.

I think you are right.
If blair progresses in technique, he will be an hell of a 4-3 end
Originally posted by NCommand:
I happen to be up in Seattle right now, God, please forgive me my sins, and the Hawks drafted a 6'6" 3T. Both Pete and John noted they've been looking for a guy like McDowell at the 3T since they started working together. Saleh comes in and he's got the "big boys" working the 3T too in Buckner, Dial, Jones, etc. AA will take snaps there too. This tells me, with a 1T and now the big boys at the 3T, this is a way to be stout and active inside on running downs and then slide in Thomas or Blair at the 3T for pass rushing downs...bring in your edge rushers.

So many of these defensive positions, we're going to have bigger base personnel and then more pass rushers on passing downs. So it's not traditional but still has a chance to be a solid tactic.

Sounds like a "NASCAR" package lol. I do like Blair challenging for snaps at base DE and DT in nickel/dime.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Sounds like a "NASCAR" package lol. I do like Blair challenging for snaps at base DE and DT in nickel/dime.
LOLMFLOLF. First time i heard this since a pre-season game of the Raiders back in 2014-15 .(watching with my cousin) Greg Pappa was all about this "NASCAR" package
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
LOLMFLOLF. First time i heard this since a pre-season game of the Raiders back in 2014-15 .(watching with my cousin) Greg Pappa was all about this "NASCAR" package

I thought I mighta heard it in a past Lions game when Schwartz was coach there. Not 100% doe haha.

This. I'd take Blair over AA all day. Blair doesn't take plays off like AA.
Originally posted by CityKing415:

This. I'd take Blair over AA all day. Blair doesn't take plays off like AA.
all of the sudden Blair is the better player? what happened during the off-season? because game tape certainly does not support your view.

and still no room for comparison. not the same type of player.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by communist:
all of the sudden Blair is the better player? what happened during the off-season? because game tape certainly does not support your view.

Off season? you're taking the quotes of a few bloggers to use as your source over actual film in games.

Blair is the better player.
[ Edited by jcs on May 1, 2017 at 2:26 PM ]
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by communist:

Off season? you're taking the quotes of a few bloggers to use as your source over actual film in games.

Blair is the better player.

Why are y'all doing this before TC is wrapped up. I won't take any sides and say nobody's right by default lol.
Barrows was on KNBR yesterday and said that Blair has been getting snaps at the leo spot.
[ Edited by Heroism on May 19, 2017 at 8:01 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
Barrows was on KNBR yesterday and said that Blair has been getting snaps at the leo spot.

We trying EVERYONE there!

Love this guy. I thought we got a steal the moment we drafted him in the 5th rd and I still feel that way. I think he will be a tremendous, versatile backup for us and he could play 4 or 5 different positions along the front 7. I can see him being one of our top 2 or 2 sack leaders this year despite not being a starter. I can see him being very valuable and disruptive pass rusher at DT on pasing downs and I can even see him playing some elephant and LEO. I think he could he our Chris Clemons. Clemons wasn't a starter for Seattle but he was a valuable and versatile backup who even led them in sacks.
Originally posted by NCommand:
We trying EVERYONE there!

lol. True because we have no one there lol. I can see Blair making some noise from that poise in though, I feel better about him going forward than Arik Armstead to be honest with you

I agree
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
I feel better about him going forward than Arik Armstead to be honest with you

Glad I am not alone on that.

I am a big Ronald Blair guy.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
I feel better about him going forward than Arik Armstead to be honest with you

Glad I am not alone on that.

I am a big Ronald Blair guy.

Blair is the perfect compliment to Thomas at the 3T...when Thomas moves out, he can slide in and keep a non-stop interior pass rush from there. He could probably take some snaps at end but would mostly stunt inside...not sure if he has an edge skill set or not.
Share 49ersWebzone