LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 188 users in the forums

Ronald Blair-DE-Appalachian State-signs with Jets

Shop 49ers game tickets
LMAO. I was rewatching some of his college tape and he mostly rushes inside (so for us, either the 1T/NT or 3T/RDT spots) BUT, he was also used as an edge rusher quite a bit as well...so yes, LEO too.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
LMAO. I was rewatching some of his college tape and he mostly rushes inside (so for us, either the 1T/NT or 3T/RDT spots) BUT, he was also used as an edge rusher quite a bit as well...so yes, LEO too.

He could play the B.Young role in this 4-3 if he continues to develop. I'm really high on his physical ability and potential.
it would be something if Blair, Robinson and Redmond become impact players, and Prince Charles Iworah consistently contributes during the season, and make Baalke look like a genius for his evaluation of mid and late round talent
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Blair in a traditional 4-3 DE role, will be fun to watch. This guy is very underrated.

yeah he was a bit undersized for the 3-4 DE role but still held his own. Will be interesting to see him at his true fit and another offseason of NFL strength training
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
yeah he was a bit undersized for the 3-4 DE role but still held his own. Will be interesting to see him at his true fit and another offseason of NFL strength training

The kid is already pretty strong. Led his group at the combine with 32 reps of 225lb's and he did it with long arms 34". Just as comparison Defrorest managed 21 reps at his pro day and AA 24 reps.
[ Edited by jcs on Mar 1, 2017 at 12:08 PM ]
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
it would be something if Blair, Robinson and Redmond become impact players, and Prince Charles Iworah consistently contributes during the season, and make Baalke look like a genius for his evaluation of mid and late round talent

Robinson and Redmond WILL both emerge. Hopefully guys like Lynch,Ray-Ray,Blair,Harold,Tartt,Ellington, take the next step forward.
I'm also hoping for Hyde,McD and Smith to have some sweet seasons for us as well but we gotta open up the rest of the field w/ a QB.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Blair has qualities similar to jared allen, so im not counting him out as a 4-3 end. I wish he were taller, but he has long arms to compensate.

I think he will likely end up as mr all-purpose, playing on multiple spots.

But, again, as a DE there is hope because hes very cat like--low, agile, strong,quick. He just needs to learn all the crafty moves of a vet.
Originally posted by xcfan:
Blair has qualities similar to jared allen, so im not counting him out as a 4-3 end. I wish he were taller, but he has long arms to compensate.

I think he will likely end up as mr all-purpose, playing on multiple spots.

But, again, as a DE there is hope because hes very cat like--low, agile, strong,quick. He just needs to learn all the crafty moves of a vet.

And gain some more strength/size.. moon actually nailed it,he's baby John randle/Donald.
Blair in a traditional 4-3 DE role, will be fun to watch. This guy is very underrated.

I think he is more of a DT but I think he will be a terrific, versatile backup D-Lineman who will see action at LDE and both DT spots. He reminds me of Ray McDonald in some ways

Not sure about all that but I look for good things in Raahard Robinson and I think Eli Harold could be a really good Sam OLB. Blair at worst will be a solid, versatile backup. I like Redmond but not really counting on him. Prince Charles...I doubt he even makes the team.

We shall see....

Originally posted by StubbyNBY:

I think he is more of a DT but I think he will be a terrific, versatile backup D-Lineman who will see action at LDE and both DT spots. He reminds me of Ray McDonald in some ways

Maybe in college before the ACL injury lol. Damn, totally forgot how the ACL deal started... Gore and McD were the pioneers for us.

Not sure about all that but I look for good things in Raahard Robinson and I think Eli Harold could be a really good Sam OLB. Blair at worst will be a solid, versatile backup. I like Redmond but not really counting on him. Prince Charles...I doubt he even makes the team.

We shall see....

Completely forgot about Redmond. It's like we've already drafted a corner for next season
Originally posted by Zachary:

We shall see....

Completely forgot about Redmond. It's like we've already drafted a corner for next season

The kids gonna make those certain posters talk about Baalke like "ish, about time somebody paid off" haha. I like what I saw and he should be 100% good to go. I might be reaching but perhaps ShanJon are tempted to place Redmomd outside. I love both Robby and Redmonds feet and both have a very nice ability at a young age breaking on the ball.

hopefully without the wife beating
We may be overlooking the production this guy may bring. Seems to be a decent rusher and may blossom in Year 2. Would be a nice piece.
Share 49ersWebzone