LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 235 users in the forums

Joshua Garnett OG - 28th overall pick, released

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Kiper hates the pick, actually. Keeps saying he was his #67 ranked pick. Everybody else seems to like the pick, though, that I've seen.

This old blowhard.

Originally posted by SteveYoung:
Seattle was all over Garnett if we didnt move up. Great work Baalke!!

If that were the case they would not have traded. Unless we gave way too much.
[ Edited by ronniefreakinlott42 on Apr 28, 2016 at 8:50 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
I was really, really hoping for Jack when we traded up (would have exploded with excitement at a successful day) and was disappointed when it wasn't him. On top of it, NFLN gave this pick a D.

But then Seattle took an OG of their own at 31. So now the trade-up makes much more sense. To top it off, Jack is still on the board! I know it's a long shot, but maybe our third this year and a second next year and we can jump in and get him?

lots of teams are scared of him. i do not think we make any further moves. we have lots of needs still out there. i would love to get jack but just do not see us moving up to do it. third round should be a qb or maybe another d line guy or who knows another o line guy. a good first day
Originally posted by ronniefreakinlott42:
Originally posted by ChuckLeavy32:
It's solid pick, Hawks would have been all over it

Then why did they trade? Oh, right, we gave them the rest of our draft.

We gave them a 4th rounder. BFD. We still have a comp 4th rounder.... and three picks in round 5

To get the best interior OL in the country last year ahead of Arizona and Seattle (who were both thinking OL) is worth it.
Originally posted by bors:
So when do we pick next ?

3rd
Damon Bruce saying none of this matters cuz we fired Harbaugh LOL
  • jimrat
  • Veteran

3rd round.......are you not on the internetz
Originally posted by jimrat:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

Dude looks nasty!

HOLY $#!T!!!! I am a die hard Stanford fan, and that video did it for me.

I like the pick, and not just because he's from my favorite college team.
If that were the case they would not have traded. Unless we gave way too much.

They traded to screw us into keeping kap. They effectively killed the denver deal with their trade.

i think 3rd round.

look at the bright side with the signing of Zane Beadles and drafting Garnett...if we get Anthony Davis to return and start...we'll be able to run the ball for Hyde. He could have a career year. More running room for Hyde and the zone blocking that Chip Kelly likes to run would mean Hyde could be a top 5 back! You heard it hear first. Just don't draft em in my fantasy leagues!
solidify our line, i likey
Originally posted by blm7754:
Originally posted by ChuckLeavy32:
It's solid pick, Hawks would have been all over it

Then why did they trade? Oh, right, we gave them the rest of our draft.

We gave them a 4th rounder. BFD. We still have a comp 4th rounder.... and three picks in round 5

To get the best interior OL in the country last year ahead of Arizona and Seattle (who were both thinking OL) is worth it.

Why don't we have a 2nd rounder anymore?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
Actually happy 49ers are being aggressive they not going to keep the 12 picks might as well get the players you want. Its obvious these are Chip Kelley players not baalke

people b***h when we take a safe pick so we move up to take a guy we like before someone else takes him and they still b***h,. lol
Originally posted by dlance:
Great but they say he need work in pass blocking. they gave up way to many sacks last year and he need work on pass blocking. he may not start from day one.

So according to YOU...we move up for the best guard in the draft and he won't start because he needs to improve on pass blocking?

Excellent analysis.
Share 49ersWebzone