There are 190 users in the forums

*Los Angeles Rams thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,100 for Morgy.
This
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
^^ Harbonehead tryna kiss Alice Smiff's butt (wearing that bunk ass jersey)... he was the d**k hole who kept him on the bench once his injury was healed, then off to the KC Chefs
[ Edited by LVJay on Jun 15, 2016 at 7:50 PM ]
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jeff-fisher-no-1-overall-pick-jared-goff-is-not-our-no-1-qb-right-now/

Not sure what it is about Fisher but he just seems like an ass-clown. I mean why express these thoughts in the media, unless it's either a deliberate smokescreen or he thinks it'll motivate the #1 overall pick that much more (who they hemhorraged the next couple drafts for, in case you forgot). It's entirely possible Goff really isn't their QB1 right now but does anyone seriously think even with no NFL starts he's not already better than Keenum? So why not say something like Keenum is still QB1, although Goff is really coming on strong. I don't doubt he'll be named starter before reg. season. Just seems like a formality at this point. Fisher also said he thinks Austin will have 100 recs. this season. Yeah, this coming from a guy who wants to run the ball 30+ times a game. Fisher gonna Fish.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerjok:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jeff-fisher-no-1-overall-pick-jared-goff-is-not-our-no-1-qb-right-now/

Not sure what it is about Fisher but he just seems like an ass-clown. I mean why express these thoughts in the media, unless it's either a deliberate smokescreen or he thinks it'll motivate the #1 overall pick that much more (who they hemhorraged the next couple drafts for, in case you forgot). It's entirely possible Goff really isn't their QB1 right now but does anyone seriously think even with no NFL starts he's not already better than Keenum? So why not say something like Keenum is still QB1, although Goff is really coming on strong. I don't doubt he'll be named starter before reg. season. Just seems like a formality at this point. Fisher also said he thinks Austin will have 100 recs. this season. Yeah, this coming from a guy who wants to run the ball 30+ times a game. Fisher gonna Fish.

Im sure its just some weird motivating tactic. Like he doesnt wanna just give the rook the job to the media. Definitely better ways he coulda put it but its classic Fisher. There's no way in hell Keenum is starting.

Fisher is just a very mediocre coach and it comes across all the time, not just on gamedays.

He could be a lot better than Keenum but still benefit from not playing.

The bench is very beneficial for all NFL QBs starting out. I evaluated a bunch of all time great QBs and most did not start the first season or first few games of that season.

Only Peyton Manning, Dan Marino, John Elway I can think of are on that list who were day one starters from the get go that became great (although I think only Marino was effective immediately).

Montana, Young, Brady, Favre, Rodgers, Rivers, Roethlisberger, Eli, Drew Brees didn't start right away. Flacco wasn't supposed to but an injury forced him into action.

Recall that just about all of these guys didn't come out scorching from the gate and relied on a good extent on a good run game and defense. The 2004 class (Eli, Ben, Philip) started that rookie season (with the exception of Rivers) , and was put on a pitch count. Same thing was done with Flacco and Matt Ryan in 2008.

Montana was a backup for about a year and a half.....as was Brady. Favre didn't play much in his rookie season as a Falcon and only started early in his 2nd year with the Packers because Majkowski got injured. Rodgers was not the starter for all of his first three seasons, and look at what he's become.

You don't want a repeat of David Carr and Alex Smith's rookie seasons if you can help it. I have no doubts those two could have been on this list above if they were managed better and had better situations.

The Rams have the defense and running game that they could carry Goff if they chose to start him right away, but gotta limit his passing attempts.
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on Jun 18, 2016 at 12:55 PM ]
Well, JT, I dont necessarily disagree but if Fisher keeps him on the bench for a year and things dont go well, Fisher is out of a job. And about time.

The long term interest of the player and the team conflict with the short term interest of the HC.
Originally posted by Antix:

Not sure what it is about Fisher but he just seems like an ass-clown. I mean why express these thoughts in the media, unless it's either a deliberate smokescreen or he thinks it'll motivate the #1 overall pick that much more (who they hemhorraged the next couple drafts for, in case you forgot). It's entirely possible Goff really isn't their QB1 right now but does anyone seriously think even with no NFL starts he's not already better than Keenum? So why not say something like Keenum is still QB1, although Goff is really coming on strong. I don't doubt he'll be named starter before reg. season. Just seems like a formality at this point. Fisher also said he thinks Austin will have 100 recs. this season. Yeah, this coming from a guy who wants to run the ball 30 times a game. Fisher gonna Fish.

Im sure its just some weird motivating tactic. Like he doesnt wanna just give the rook the job to the media. Definitely better ways he coulda put it but its classic Fisher. There's no way in hell Keenum is starting.

Fisher is just a very mediocre coach and it comes across all the time, not just on gamedays.

You're probably right it's some kind of motivational tactic on his part so he's posturing himself in front of the media. Just covering his bases if Goff really isn't ready opening day. Still think Fisher is kind of arrogant though simply thinking stout defense and running game is going to put them over the top. He's probably looking at the Broncos last year thinking his team is set up to basically do the same thing, if Goff is ready or not.
Originally posted by English:
Well, JT, I dont necessarily disagree but if Fisher keeps him on the bench for a year and things dont go well, Fisher is out of a job. And about time.

The long term interest of the player and the team conflict with the short term interest of the HC.

This is very true.

Another reason why it's so hard to build quality football teams these days.

Spoiled fan bases need to WIN NOW. Back in the day, it was unheard of for rookie QBs to come in and start slinging it.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
They'll get that ass taxed, tampered and tapped when we meet up on Sept 12

This always gives me a good chuckle... wonder if they try 'n do another takeover this season?

Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by crake49:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Bet you won't call me Chris again.

He really didn't understand Jim Rome. That line made it a given that Rome was going to call him Chris again.

LOL, Rome is such a tool.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
man, all the Crips are happy as fuuuuuuu about this move.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
man, all the Crips are happy as fuuuuuuu about this move.

of course....they get to see their beloved cowturds every preseason from now on
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:

It doesn't matter what Fisher does or how well the Rams do.
He'll be gone within the next 2 years regardless of the situation.
Share 49ersWebzone