LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 274 users in the forums

*Los Angeles Rams thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JTB1974:
I said it before that the reason he never cared about sacrificing the future year after year is because he knew he wasn't going to be around to have to deal with the fallout. He's going to jump off the sinking ship he helped create.

This. He doesn't want to coach a rebuild.
Originally posted by FL9er:
I said it before that the reason he never cared about sacrificing the future year after year is because he knew he wasn't going to be around to have to deal with the fallout. He's going to jump off the sinking ship he helped create.

This. He doesn't want to coach a rebuild.

I mean it'll be the smart thing for him right... take a year off, go into broadcasting then come back when the team has picks again.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

@ 1:40

This aged well.

They thought… lol freaking quitter. Had enough of Kyle shanahan beating him. So long sucka! And you know what, because all these high paid players came back, they just set back the rebuild even further. The rebuild should've started this year by dumping/trading Donald, Stafford, and Ramsey. They're gonna be scrapping the bottom of the barrel looking for a coach. This situation is worse than the Texans.
Just goes to show that McVay would have failed here and Jed made the right move. He never wanted to go through a rebuilding process.
Remember, SoFi is technically not an enclosed dome

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/10/sofi-stadium-gets-an-f-for-its-performance-in-the-rain/
Originally posted by Heroism:
damn, this dude really ain't long for this head coach life. This is the second offseason in a row we're hearing about him quitting soon.

Not surprised at all
Rams are now suffering the fallout from never caring about the cap. They did get a SB out of it but now it's time to pay for it. Enjoy the basement for the next 10 years.
Rams are now suffering the fallout from never caring about the cap. They did get a SB out of it but now it's time to pay for it. Enjoy the basement for the next 10 years.

Good riddance. All that money spent and their only ring came curtesy of Jaquaski Tartt
[ Edited by RiceOwensStokes on Feb 25, 2023 at 7:28 AM ]

Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:

Good riddance. All that money spent and their only ring came curtesy of Jaquaski Tartt

I would swap with them. I want that ring so bad.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
I would swap with them. I want that ring so bad.

I want both. I want a ring and a future. The joy of winning a SB wears off sooner than you would think. I don't want to get stuck watching meaningless football games for the next 5+ years afterwards. Why can't we be the Chiefs instead of the Rams?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Well worth it though I gotta say. Honestly, I wouldn't be mad if the 9ers won a Super Bowl then went through this.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Well worth it though I gotta say. Honestly, I wouldn't be mad if the 9ers won a Super Bowl then went through this.

I would be. I don't want a 1 year wonder. Nobody is going to remember this Rams SB 3 years from now. Hell it's already forgotten around the league. Everyone talks about the Chiefs year after year. That's what I want the Niners to be. A near dynasty. Having 1 good year makes it look like you just got lucky.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

So you were a happy fan in the Dennis Erickson years because of what happened in 94?

I would be. The whole talk of we only want to win Super Bowls, but being okay with massive suckage for years afterwards doesn't sit right with me.
Share 49ersWebzone