There are 196 users in the forums

*Los Angeles Rams thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Rams are now suffering the fallout from never caring about the cap. They did get a SB out of it but now it's time to pay for it. Enjoy the basement for the next 10 years.

Well worth it though I gotta say. Honestly, I wouldn't be mad if the 9ers won a Super Bowl then went through this.

So you were a happy fan in the Dennis Erickson years because of what happened in 94?

I would be. The whole talk of we only want to win Super Bowls, but being okay with massive suckage for years afterwards doesn't sit right with me.

After 30 years I just want a SB. I'll take the SB and some years of massive suck over no SB and years of massive heartbreak
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Rams are now suffering the fallout from never caring about the cap. They did get a SB out of it but now it's time to pay for it. Enjoy the basement for the next 10 years.

Well worth it though I gotta say. Honestly, I wouldn't be mad if the 9ers won a Super Bowl then went through this.

So you were a happy fan in the Dennis Erickson years because of what happened in 94?

I would be. The whole talk of we only want to win Super Bowls, but being okay with massive suckage for years afterwards doesn't sit right with me.

After 30 years I just want a SB. I'll take the SB and some years of massive suck over no SB and years of massive heartbreak

Exactly!!!!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

I would be. I don't want a 1 year wonder. Nobody is going to remember this Rams SB 3 years from now. Hell it's already forgotten around the league. Everyone talks about the Chiefs year after year. That's what I want the Niners to be. A near dynasty. Having 1 good year makes it look like you just got lucky.

You saying it's already been forgotten like you work at NFL and ESPN.

Of course nobody wants to suck after a Super Bowl win, but the Rams didn't suffer last season due to cap ramifications, it was due to injuries and they got hit hard with injuries. And took a hit even more with the retirement of Andrew Whitworth.

Anyway come talk to me when the 9ers win a Super Bowl then we'll talk.

Of course nobody wants to suck after a Super Bowl win, but the Rams didn't suffer last season due to cap ramifications, it was due to injuries and they got hit hard with injuries. And took a hit even more with the retirement of Andrew Whitworth.

No the Rams were sucking WAY before injuries. Their offensive line was already bad with the retirement of Whitworth, replacing bad injured lineman with other bad injured lineman, there's not much drop off. Their record AND play was s**t even when they had Kupp and all the other players healthy like Donald as well and Stafford. So it was not due to their injuries at all. Their line was already not good in the first place as well as their play on offense with Stafford

Rams had no depth at all due to their lack of draft picks over the years. Look how many injuries our team seems to go through year after year but we are still able to compete. Rams lose 2 key players and they become one of the worst teams in the league. I am not even going to count Kupp because they were one of the worst teams in the league before Kupp went down with an injury. And now even with the lack of depth they are forced to trade Ramsey because they can't afford him. How can a team who only has about 4 or 5 top end players and no depth behind them be in so much cap trouble?

I would be. I don't want a 1 year wonder. Nobody is going to remember this Rams SB 3 years from now. Hell it's already forgotten around the league. Everyone talks about the Chiefs year after year. That's what I want the Niners to be. A near dynasty. Having 1 good year makes it look like you just got lucky.

I get this, but no championship is guaranteed and at the end of the day the Rams have a ring that is recent. Nobody will give a damn how well our organization is built with no rings to show for it. Everyone talks about the Chiefs year after year because they've had arguably the best the QB the past 5 years, maybe even all time when its all said and done. This year was supposed to be a rebuild year for them, but having maholmes they win another ring.
Are the Rams on the brink of collapse? Lol.

https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2023/3/3/23623122/rams-roster-2023-power-rankings-bobby-wagner-jalen-ramsey
Robinson requesting a trade. Not sure what team is going to want to take that cap hit for a player who has done nothing the last couple of years and is declining rapidly. I think his 2023 cap hit is $18 Million. Rams would probally have to eat alot of that. And still would be lucky to get a 4th RD pick.
Originally posted by English:
Are the Rams on the brink of collapse? Lol.

https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2023/3/3/23623122/rams-roster-2023-power-rankings-bobby-wagner-jalen-ramsey

It's not a collapse, it is tank mode for Caleb Williams!
If they release or trade some of their best players like Wagner, Ramsey, Floyd, Robinson, Stafford, Kupp, Donald etc., It should be obvious to everyone. I would do it as long as you believe that C Williams will be a franchise QB. Load up on draft picks and put a crappy team on the field. I know the players won't tank, but the FO & coaching sure will. Part of the reason, I believe, McVay stayed.

Just heard JB Long on KNBR, was the most optimistic sounding fan-take ever.
Originally posted by SFVNiner:

What was said?
Originally posted by VA9erfan:
Originally posted by SFVNiner:

What was said?

Feels like they have every chance of being competitive within division considering level of QB play throughout. Also downplayed Stafford injury.
could anyone else see Gay coming to SF?
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
could anyone else see Gay coming to SF?

No, only because he would cost just as much or more than Robbie Gould. After all he just made the pro bowl
Share 49ersWebzone