LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 504 users in the forums

Trumaine Johnson cb

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Can probably add Tartt in there but yeah pretty much.. More than likely we can extend one by one in each of next 3 years. Jimmy is locked up, no reason to sit on the money like a chicken on an egg.

It's crazy go look at teams cap space in 2019, we're sitting in $83 million and it's not even top of the league. All these teams have a ton of money and when good young players are valuable you gotta jump on it, especially when we only have maybe two or 3 guys we need to worry about resigning in the next couple yrs

As long as Paraag is running the show we are in good hands he'll never put us in a situation were we will have to start cutting guys because of bad deals. I bet other teams are envious of our chief strategy officer

funny how paraag is seen as a positive asset compared to last couple of years.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Can probably add Tartt in there but yeah pretty much.. More than likely we can extend one by one in each of next 3 years. Jimmy is locked up, no reason to sit on the money like a chicken on an egg.

It's crazy go look at teams cap space in 2019, we're sitting in $83 million and it's not even top of the league. All these teams have a ton of money and when good young players are valuable you gotta jump on it, especially when we only have maybe two or 3 guys we need to worry about resigning in the next couple yrs

As long as Paraag is running the show we are in good hands he'll never put us in a situation were we will have to start cutting guys because of bad deals. I bet other teams are envious of our chief strategy officer

Right... It wasn't to long ago its "he's a mole, must be the leak, he's messing up the team, damn near Russian spy,.... Ultimately it was the rift between Balke n Harbaugh....im glad York did the smart move and kept him.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
MM

I doubt the 49ers will be big players for Trumaine Johnson, regardless. It's hard to believe that is a prudent move. The 49ers have made it clear they will target players who fit their model for sustained success. Johnson will command big money, and he has not been a take-half-the-field-away type of player that his price tag suggests he should be.

http://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/home-page/how-richard-sherman-fits-49ers-offseason-plans
Originally posted by RonMexico:

damn garcon is a beast.
Originally posted by Hopper:
MM

I doubt the 49ers will be big players for Trumaine Johnson, regardless. It's hard to believe that is a prudent move. The 49ers have made it clear they will target players who fit their model for sustained success. Johnson will command big money, and he has not been a take-half-the-field-away type of player that his price tag suggests he should be.

http://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/home-page/how-richard-sherman-fits-49ers-offseason-plans

This is my problem with Johnson.

Johnson will command big money, and he has not been a take-half-the-field-away type of player that his price tag suggests he should be.

He's never been a #1 "put him on an island with the other guy's top WR and forget about it" CB, he's never been a top 10 CB in the NFL, there is no reason to expect him to become that but he'll be paid as one of the top two CBs in football.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
MM

Johnson will command big money, and he has not been a take-half-the-field-away type of player that his price tag suggests he should be.

He's never been a #1 "put him on an island with the other guy's top WR and forget about it" CB, he's never been a top 10 CB in the NFL, there is no reason to expect him to become that but he'll be paid as one of the top two CBs in football.

Agreed.
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cjsmoove:

Right... It wasn't to long ago its "he's a mole, must be the leak, he's messing up the team, damn near Russian spy,.... Ultimately it was the rift between Balke n Harbaugh....im glad York did the smart move and kept him.

My belief is Paraag did let his ego go to his head and I remember Damon Bruce saying on radio Paraag was pissed at Harbaugh at one point.Paraag got a new role,matured and is doing what hes good at making financial decisions.He's probably the best cap person in the NFL
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
MM

Agreed.

I'm getting that Sean Smith vibe from Johnson. He's not going to be worth what he's going to get paid.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
It was a nice thought but we're not signing him now.
[ Edited by jcs on Mar 10, 2018 at 4:53 PM ]

Originally posted by RonMexico:

damn garcon is a beast.

Damn Garçon made TJ his housewife lol
Originally posted by jcs:
It was a nice thought but we're not signing him now.

Maybe they knew he wasn't coming here anyways so they turned there attention towards Sherman.
We just dodged a major bullet.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Raiders about to find out the hard way.
Share 49ersWebzone