Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 696 users in the forums

Super Bowl 50: Carolina Panthers vs Denver Broncos

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by deepniner:
If Baalke wants to achieve any credibility, he should step up his game and get a phenomenal d-line from a pressure and rush defense point of view. Justin smith before the NE game where he shredded his elbow was that dominant influence that are the rest of the defense and especially Aldon Smith shine.
Baalke needs to get someone like that and done in free agency. Spend the money on the defense and the o-line.
The sad part is that I don't know if Baalke can pull it out as there might not be any players available in free agency due to the franchise tags that the best players after going to get. In addition, more importantly it'll be out of character for Kelly to value the defense, which is tremendously important.
Let's see how it goes. But banking on just Bowman isn't going to cut it, especially if it's the tackle missing Bowman that shows up next year. They need a lot more. Ian williams cannot be your best lineman.

Malik Jackson
I have no problem with Cam celebrating but he needs to act like a man when he loses, very immature IMO
Man Von Miller and Demarcus Ware were Beastmode out there. Tremendous performance. Very dominant.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,735
So with this being said, chips offense can score all the points they want but the D has to be legit. Denvers D will stop chips offense. I dont think the niners d will be in that conversation next year.
Originally posted by NikeSBHead:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
More than anything, this game highlighted the importance of pass rush and pass protection.

The key matchup going into this game was Denver's defensive front against Carolina's o-line. Denver won that matchup handily, and made the MVP look ordinary.

So your saying that the game is won in the trenches?

You don't say.

Some people need to be reminded, it's not all about the QB all the time.

I'm sure they're having the same arguments on the Panthers boards right now. Some people will blame the o-line, others will blame Newton for not playing well even with bad pass pro.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 27,847


"All you (Panthers) had to do was win... I didn't even need the point spread, all you had to do was win, you mother !#%&@!!!"
Originally posted by Baldie:
So with this being said, chips offense can score all the points they want but the D has to be legit. Denvers D will stop chips offense. I dont think the niners d will be in that conversation next year.

Which is why I'm glad Balkee is in charge of player management not Chip, hopefully balked picks up some proven stud D/OL linemen
Originally posted by MuggD:
This. They are a top 5 all time defense that won a SB imo probably.

Bears
Ravens
Tampa Bay
Probably a team or two before my time
Denver
How are the Seahawks not in that top 5? They beat the brakes off of Peyton's t**t. I would rank the top 5 all time defenses that won a Super Bowl as followed:

1 1976 Steelers
2 1985 Bears
3 2000 Ravens
4 2002 Buccaneers
5 2013 Seahawks
  • KP82
  • Member
  • Posts: 3,717
Originally posted by MuggD:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Denver's Defense is the Reason Carolina didn't play their game

This. They are a top 5 all time defense that won a SB imo probably.

Bears
Ravens
Tampa Bay
Probably a team or two before my time
Denver

Might be some homerism, but Id add that 94 Niners defense. Didnt we send like 4-5 players from that D with Deion and Hanks ?
Was Peytons performance the worst ever by a Super Bowl winner?
[ Edited by GolittaCamper on Feb 7, 2016 at 9:28 PM ]
  • KP82
  • Member
  • Posts: 3,717
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Was Peytons performance the worst ever by a Super Bowl winner?

I think Dilfer's was worse.
  • dj43
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 38,426
Good pitching will beat good hitting every time.
Originally posted by Baldie:
So with this being said, chips offense can score all the points they want but the D has to be legit. Denvers D will stop chips offense. I dont think the niners d will be in that conversation next year.
People loved shula, but he couldn't do anything except power runs and deep balls

Chip can actually use the whole field and create mismatches when he has the right players
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 37,990
Originally posted by KP82:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Was Peytons performance the worst ever by a Super Bowl winner?

I think Dilfer's was worse.

I remember Dilfer having a decent SB. I know he threw a TD to Stokely early and I don't think he made any mistakes.
That might have been the worst overall Quarterbacked SB of all time. What an embarrassingly boring performance by both Peyton and Cam.

It definately felt like a couple secondary teams made the most of the big boys having off years.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone