There are 221 users in the forums

Aldon Smith

Shop 49ers game tickets
Hmm, signing a player who got into trouble repeatedly from across the bay so he will still be close to his partners in crime? What could go wrong? lol
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
alll i remember is how the whole webzone forum laughed at me when I brought up the idea of sending a " troubled" aldon smith to the raiders for the right to draft Mack!!!

damnnnnnnnnnn!!!!
F him
Originally posted by 9moon:
alll i remember is how the whole webzone forum laughed at me when I brought up the idea of sending a " troubled" aldon smith to the raiders for the right to draft Mack!!!

damnnnnnnnnnn!!!!

I don't remember laughing at you.
A league source tells PFT that both Smith and the Raiders think he has a good support system in place where he is. Smith, who was the 49ers' first-round draft pick in 2011, spent his entire career in San Francisco before the 49ers cut him last month after his third DUI.

Smith entered an alcohol rehabilitation program in 2013, and the 49ers stood by him after repeated off-field issues. The 49ers also said they would keep support staff available to Smith even after he was released.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/11/raiders-aldon-smith-think-support-system-in-bay-area-is-strong/

Smith only wanted to sign a one-year deal, and the Raiders were willing to accommodate that. Whether Smith can capitalize in free agency next year depends both on his play on the field, and his ability to stay out of trouble off the field.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Sep 11, 2015 at 10:19 AM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
A league source tells PFT that both Smith and the Raiders think he has a good support system in place where he is. Smith, who was the 49ers' first-round draft pick in 2011, spent his entire career in San Francisco before the 49ers cut him last month after his third DUI.

Smith entered an alcohol rehabilitation program in 2013, and the 49ers stood by him after repeated off-field issues. The 49ers also said they would keep support staff available to Smith even after he was released.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/11/raiders-aldon-smith-think-support-system-in-bay-area-is-strong/

Smith only wanted to sign a one-year deal, and the Raiders were willing to accommodate that. Whether Smith can capitalize in free agency next year depends both on his play on the field, and his ability to stay out of trouble off the field.

So did the 49ers.
ESPN's Adam Schefter reported that Smith is eligible to play Sunday, and his availability will depend on his conditioning.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/11/raiders-sign-aldon-smith/
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 36m36 minutes ago Just to be clear on earlier tweet, there was no known interest from 49ers about the possibility of bringing back Aldon Smith at this time.

Imagine if Aldon is able to get himself straight and the Raiders end up with a healthy, productive Mack and Smith duo..... Peyton might just retire before the season is over.
Wish him all the luck! One of my favorite players and I've heard he's a really good dude too. Just terribly unlucky.

• 9moon
  • Veteran
is it true?

he's actually allowed to play this Sunday??
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Imagine if Aldon is able to get himself straight and the Raiders end up with a healthy, productive Mack and Smith duo..... Peyton might just retire before the season is over.

I actually want to see what Mack and Smith can do

Peyton -------------->
Originally posted by 9moon:
is it true?

he's actually allowed to play this Sunday??

Yes
  • kray28
  • Veteran
I like how the 49ers just let him walk for nothing.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Just a matter of time before he does something stupid with the Raiders
Share 49ersWebzone