LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 312 users in the forums

OL Trenton Brown, Future Hall Of Fame Right Tackle

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
I'm not going to quote that novel lol, but saying the QBs got mauled when he left is complete nonsense. They got mauled when he was here as well and the bulk of the mauling this last season came from the interior, not from their OTs.

I agree. The interior has been the hot mess for as long as I can remember.

Really hope Richburg can get healthy. That will go a long way in helping out the interior . Also hope they invest in an OT this draft for when Staley retires. Preferably someone who could initially play inside

Preach on, Brother!
Raiders finally got their Robert Gallery
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
You guys still bitter about Trent, like I've always said the 49ers should of got more in return and I'll always stand by it.
Originally posted by FaTaL:
You guys still bitter about Trent, like I've always said the 49ers should of got more in return and I'll always stand by it.

Obviously, but in the context of a thank you for Jimmy G there's not much you can argue...
Also gotta consider that the Patriots knew it was a good chance they only had him for one year. That lowered his trade value, as did his injury in 2017.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
dang you guys still discussing this dude lol
Originally posted by susweel:
dang you guys still discussing this dude lol

Yeah. I guess he's a HOF tackle now and everything! LOL
I liked Trent but I know that this front office is big on character work ethic and the intangibles. They want "the right type of locker room". Well that sh*t better translate into a Super Bowl ring like the one Trent is gonna be wearing soon. All this empty talk about character guys and careful who you pay and bring into better equate to number 6 or these guys will be held to task for the decision making as it should be
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
I liked Trent but I know that this front office is big on character work ethic and the intangibles. They want "the right type of locker room". Well that sh*t better translate into a Super Bowl ring like the one Trent is gonna be wearing soon. All this empty talk about character guys and careful who you pay and bring into better equate to number 6 or these guys will be held to task for the decision making as it should be

You know, maybe because I'm in my 40s and have sons that I'm trying to turn into men but I'm totally down with character guys and having a well disciplined locker room. At this point in my life it's important to me win the right way then to win at any cost.
Originally posted by 4Tea9Ears:
You know, maybe because I'm in my 40s and have sons that I'm trying to turn into men but I'm totally down with character guys and having a well disciplined locker room. At this point in my life it's important to me win the right way then to win at any cost.

Yeah. I'm 42 with three kids but I remember when Jed got rid of Harbaugh he said we'd win with class. Well we haven't sniffed a playoff game since and then I see the Patriots winning year after year with an owner on some Jeff Epstein ish. I'm about wins. We've gone from the 80s and 90s to this crap we've seen the last couple decades. We better turn it around is all I'm saying.

You want character in a club for sure, but at some point we better win!!

Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by 4Tea9Ears:

Yeah. I'm 42 with three kids but I remember when Jed got rid of Harbaugh he said we'd win with class. Well we haven't sniffed a playoff game since and then I see the Patriots winning year after year with an owner on some Jeff Epstein ish. I'm about wins. We've gone from the 80s and 90s to this crap we've seen the last couple decades. We better turn it around is all I'm saying.

You want character in a club for sure, but at some point we better win!!

If it makes you feel any better, Jimmy Harbs hasn't won anything significant at the college level too.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
If it makes you feel any better, Jimmy Harbs hasn't won anything significant at the college level too.

He'd have have 3 SB rings in his first 3 years of coaching in the NFL if the refs didn't mess up. Trying to act like he's not a good coach is foolish.
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

He'd have have 3 SB rings in his first 3 years of coaching in the NFL if the refs didn't mess up. Trying to act like he's not a good coach is foolish.

Now, I never said he wasn't a good coach, but trying to act as if hes won everything since he left or when he was with us is even more foolish.
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:

The refs made the 49ers come out flat in the SB and get blown off the field in the first half? I learn something new here all the time.
So Brown wins a SB ring, gets paid, and is still bitter at the 49ers?

Fickle!
Share 49ersWebzone