LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 210 users in the forums

RB Mike Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Mike Davis*, RB, South Carolina Height: 5-9. Weight: 217. 40 Time: 4.61. Projected Round (2015): 3-4.
4/27/15:

Davis played with injuries in 2014 that basically caused him to miss the season opener and limited him in several games, but he was still a productive contributor for South Carolina. Davis averaged 4.9 yards per carry on the year with 982 yards and nine touchdowns. He also had 32 receptions for 368 yards and two scores.

Davis is a physical, downhill runner who has the quickness to hit the hole. He also is a versatile player with some natural athleticism for the passing game. However, sources say they were disappointed in Davis' play as a junior and view him as a No. 2 back in the NFL rather than a future starter.

8/27/14: Davis had big shoes to fill in 2013 as Marcus Lattimore was a legend at South Carolina, yet Davis managed to address the void. Sources believe that Davis is actually better than Lattimore. Davis was a physical beast for South Carolina in 2013. Even with teams selling out to stop him, he ran over defenders on a weekly basis. Davis averaged 5.8 yards per carry with 1,183 yards and 11 touchdowns. He also had 34 receptions for 352 yards. Davis showed some natural receiving ability and was phenomenal on screen passes.

David runs with excellent pad level, vision and balance. As a freshman in 2012, Davis averaged 5.3 yards per carry for 275 yards and two touchdowns.
could be the end of Alfonso
[ Edited by phatbutskinny on May 2, 2015 at 10:22 AM ]
Hyde
Hunter
Bush
Davis

oooh weee
[ Edited by phatbutskinny on May 2, 2015 at 10:23 AM ]
boom
Next Gore?
uhhhh.... alright
There is going to be a hell of a RB competition in camp this year! I love it
Good 4th round pick. Our backfield looks similar to last year, except fully healthy. For the time being, we are "deep" at running back on paper. Now I only hope that Carlos Hyde can make up for the loss of Frank Gore (in terms of his vision) with his ability to break longer runs. We already know Reggie Bush and Kendall Hunter can do it. I also hope with Mike Davis and Trey Milliard in the mix, we throw more passes to the backs.
  • evil
  • Veteran
I love this kid, stoked to grab him.
Have we drafted any players of need yet?

Is he injured. Balk's yearly injured RB draft pick.

Wait... He played injured. Baalke still got game
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
could be the end of Alfonso

Aww shucks gosh darn it!!!
Originally posted by smithgdwg:

nope lol
Mike David leaving school early to help out his mom. Sounds like a good dude.
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:
Originally posted by smithgdwg:

nope lol

Maybe the players on the board aren't good enough to start over or challenge the players we already have.. BPA is always the way to go IMO
Share 49ersWebzone