There are 128 users in the forums

Sign DeMarco Murray! (signed with PHI)

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

It's on: Cowboys free-agent RB DeMarco Murray is flying to Philadelphia to meet Eagles officials on Thursday, per league source.
It's almost a guarantee a player will sign with his former teams rival, he will be an eagle tomorrow
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HarbaughzDeep:
Originally posted by Rascal:
He should be a top dollar back and I can't see how we can afford him.

Afford and willingness to spend are two different terms. Sure Baalke may not be willing to spend, I get it. But have you been living under a rock the last few days? We have around $20 million in cap space buddy. We can afford him.

Well, especially with Pat gone now, I am sure the cap is pretty healthy at this point.

If that is the case, sign the guy !! He is the only back I would rather have than to draft a top RB in May.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HarbaughzDeep:
He should be a top dollar back and I can't see how we can afford him.

Afford and willingness to spend are two different terms. Sure Baalke may not be willing to spend, I get it. But have you been living under a rock the last few days? We have around $20 million in cap space buddy. We can afford him.

Well, especially with Pat gone now, I am sure the cap is pretty healthy at this point.

If that is the case, sign the guy !! He is the only back I would rather have than to draft a top RB in May.
on one hand he may be tapped out with the cowboys running him into the ground,, on the other hand he would want to much money even though we got some money i do not think we should get away from our formula of not over paying,, on the other hand i really think now is the time for hyde, on the other hand i would not mind bush cheap and get a nice rookie.. i need to stop saying " on the other hand"... oh rascal, i want to tell you i am sorry i was a jerk to you today. i am sorry and i really do mean it to
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
It's almost a guarantee a player will sign with his former teams rival, he will be an eagle tomorrow
s**t then he will pull a ricky watters on them and they will throw snowballs and batteries at him,, there is a reason frank did not go there. it may just be me which is ok but part of me is a bit nervous that the cowboys just ran him into the ground not giving a s**t cuz they knew they would not re sign him
Originally posted by cciowa:
s**t then he will pull a ricky watters on them and they will throw snowballs and batteries at him,, there is a reason frank did not go there. it may just be me which is ok but part of me is a bit nervous that the cowboys just ran him into the ground not giving a s**t cuz they knew they would not re sign him
Frank didn't go more because Kelly's fast pace offense woldnt fit him, we all know how much gore pulls himself out to get a breather. Plus letting their best wr go wasn't a good endorsement for gore either, the colts offense definitely suits him better.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Frank didn't go more because Kelly's fast pace offense woldnt fit him, we all know how much gore pulls himself out to get a breather. Plus letting their best wr go wasn't a good endorsement for gore either, the colts offense definitely suits him better.
i agree with you fred,, i was just making fun of the philly fans and how brutal they can be. i heard on sports radio they are losing their minds in philly over gore and over the qb trade worse than any of our fans are doing
i agree with you fred,, i was just making fun of the philly fans and how brutal they can be. i heard on sports radio they are losing their minds in philly over gore and over the qb trade worse than any of our fans are doing
If I was an Eagles fan I'll be going crazy, we overreact here a lot of times for no reason but Eagles fans have a real reason to panic. Thing is baalke prepared himself against losing key players while kelly is either trading them away or letting them walk and replacing them with the likes of Ryan Matthews LOL! Let's see how good Murray will be without that Dallas oline blocking for him, have to remember Murray just started making a name for himself when jerry finally built that oline

I agree with everything you said and think it's a shame that we finally secure a premiere deep threat only to lose "The Inconvenient Truth".

Fans here are losing it and with good reason...Chip Kelly is a damn mad man. The question is he an Mad Genius or just flinging poo at the walls and babbling to himself.

As for the Snowball/ Battery thing...you know how long ago that was. I am only a fan of one Philly team, and even I think it is stupid as hell and people need to let it go. You know how much worse s**t other teams fans get up to now? But Philly is still the worst because of something that happened over 20 years ago. So dumb.

Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:

I agree with everything you said and think it's a shame that we finally secure a premiere deep threat only to lose "The Inconvenient Truth".

We can't be paying that kind of bank for Frank over the next three years no matter how much we love him. Colts are all in for next year...we are thinking long haul.
Eagles are the All-IR team. "if" healthy. could do something, that is a big " IF " though.. all the players they are bringing in have massive injury history
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Fans here are losing it and with good reason...Chip Kelly is a damn mad man. The question is he an Mad Genius or just flinging poo at the walls and babbling to himself.

As for the Snowball/ Battery thing...you know how long ago that was. I am only a fan of one Philly team, and even I think it is stupid as hell and people need to let it go. You know how much worse s**t other teams fans get up to now? But Philly is still the worst because of something that happened over 20 years ago. So dumb.
i will trust you with your name! i think murray ends up back in dallas
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jamespowers:
Eagles are the All-IR team. "if" healthy. could do something, that is a big " IF " though.. all the players they are bringing in have massive injury history

they also have this nasty habit of thinking they can buy their way to a super bowl,, it usually backfires on them
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:

We can't be paying that kind of bank for Frank over the next three years no matter how much we love him. Colts are all in for next year...we are thinking long haul.
agree with philly. maybe i should work for the yorks but i really really think you can not give frank three years. we have seen to many backs lose it overnight at his age plus he is on that turf with all that mileage. i am sorry frank but all you would have gotten from me is one year at four million. in moving forward i am very comfortable with hyde hunter and bush/rookie or whomever. we have plenty of leaders left on both sides of the ball as well to take up that role.
Share 49ersWebzone