LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 329 users in the forums

NFL may ask SuperBowl halltime show artists to pay for that previledge.

Shop 49ers game tickets
http://online.wsj.com/articles/nfl-to-coldplay-pay-to-play-the-super-bowl-1408465018
that seems a little much don't you think?
More like the half time artist should have to pay the fans for listening to their crap and taking away from what use to be a football game. Nothing was worse than Fegie butchering Sweet Child of Mine. Anyways, to the topic the NFL is greedy and maybe it's not a bad idea. Don't think the artist themselves would pay but I could see their record label paying to get the exposure. Although do these big acts really need more exposure but like 70 80 million people world wide could equal a lot of new fans.

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
bring back the candlestick halftime show. u know, two white kids throwing footballs into the back of a hummer. s**t was ill, i about s**t ma pants.
Surprised they're not asking a TV viewers to pay to see the halftime show....

Just wait.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

Just wait.

And Gooddell will fine you if you don't.
They are going to make people pay to provide services?

Welcome to Goodellingrad.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

if im asked to pay to perform there..then dont be surprised if i do something REALLY stupid during the performances...

terible idea
Originally posted by Zachary:
if im asked to pay to perform there..then dont be surprised if i do something REALLY stupid during the performances...

terible idea

they'll be forced to go back to marching bands, dance troupes, and frisbee dogs
Does anybody even watch the halftime show? I use halftime to load up on food and beer, and check stats for the first half.

Who cares about watching Rihanna or Katie Perry during the biggest football game of the year?

Originally posted by JustinMT:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

Just wait.

And Gooddell will fine you if you don't.

careful he might fine you for saying that........he's watching.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
bring back the candlestick halftime show. u know, two white kids throwing footballs into the back of a hummer. s**t was ill, i about s**t ma pants.

You remembr that eh bro. Remember the FG contests with people picked from a seat draw lottery day of the game? Those were hilarious and surprising sometime; but above all super entertaining whilst pounding a couple half time beers; before they were $10.95 and 8oz..
Typical move by the NFL, squeeze as much as you can. In the near future the Super Bowl will be a PPV event. I'm sure the NFL has dozens of guys working night and day figuring out creative ways to take as much as they can from us suckers.
Interesting...I didn't read the article, guess you have to have an account, but I'm assuming the NFL thinks artists should pay for the "privilege" of their performance being broadcast to millions worldwide. If artists actually pony up the cash, who's to say they're wrong? Could be a great way to gain exposure.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Aug 20, 2014 at 2:26 AM ]
Who remembers blue man group's halftime show at the stick
[ Edited by CityKing415 on Aug 20, 2014 at 3:20 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone