LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 338 users in the forums

Oakland Raiders owner in talks with San Antonio to relocate NFL team

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Raiders suck, but they belong in California. Hope they stay in Oakland or move to LA.

Agree...actually, if it weren't for Raider fans I think I'd probably kinda like the Raiders. As an East Bay native do not want to see them or the A's leave Oakland, already lost the Dubs.

But with the morons who have always run that city, and especially the king of idiots they have for a mayor, probably will happen...if Raiders do move, hopefully still in Bay/NoCal, or at worst LA.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Raiders suck, but they belong in California. Hope they stay in Oakland or move to LA.

Agree...actually, if it weren't for Raider fans I think I'd probably kinda like the Raiders. As an East Bay native do not want to see them or the A's leave Oakland, already lost the Dubs.

But with the morons who have always run that city, and especially the king of idiots they have for a mayor, probably will happen...if Raiders do move, hopefully still in Bay/NoCal, or at worst LA.

^^ Those!

Why would Texas want Raiders... they want to have three (mediocre) teams??
Originally posted by Chico:
Move them to Sacramento

From a business perspective this would be a smart move.

They'd have no problems selling out and could still draw from the bay area as well as Sacramento area.
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by DelCed2486:

^^ Those!

Why would Texas want Raiders... they want to have three (mediocre) teams??

The raiders don't qualify as a mediocre team. They are awful and have been that way since 2003.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Empire49:
The raiders don't qualify as a mediocre team. They are awful and have been that way since 2003.

LOL right right

Al left a huge mess behind . Although, they're trying to do things right, I guess....
the raiders had a good offseason and theyre trying to get better by leaving oakland lol. stay your ass where u are unless u move to LA. like it or not the raiders have always been a california teama nd they have some great moments and players in their history. f**k texas, u cant even have the raiders
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
the raiders had a good offseason and theyre trying to get better by leaving oakland lol. stay your ass where u are unless u move to LA. like it or not the raiders have always been a california teama nd they have some great moments and players in their history. f**k texas, u cant even have the raiders

I will not agree that they've had a "good" offseason, but rather an average one at best. They lost their two best players to free agency (after not even trying to retain them when they were over $60 million UNDER the cap) and they brought in a bunch of guys that were good players 4 years ago.

Let's look at their key acquisitions.

FREE AGENCY

QB Matt Schaub - the current king of the pick-6. Dude was atrocious last season, and he won't have anybody like Andre Johnson to throw to in Oakland. His situation is no better in Oakland, and is actually worse.
DE Justin Tuck - had a decent year last year after sucking the previous two. If this were 2008, it would have been a great signing.
LB Lamarr Woodley - this dude hasn't been good since 2010.
CB Tarell Brown - he was the least-feared, most tested CB on our team last year. No QB was afraid to throw at him. He would allow 3 first downs on a single drive, then break up one pass and make some stupid gesture as if he'd been shutting down the WR all game. What a joke. Very overrated.
WR James Jones - was a pretty good player with Aaron Rodgers throwing him the ball. He won't have Rodgers in Oakland. Still a decent signing.
RB Maurice Jones-Drew - hasn't been good since 2011. Can't stay healthy and is clearly on the decline. Went from one terrible team to another.
CB Carlos Rogers - do I even need to get into this guy? He was a huge liability for us the last 2 years. He won't have the pass rush that he had with us, which means he will likely fair even worse in Oakland.

DRAFT

LB Khalil Mack - this is the best acquisition they made all offseason, and he isn't even a guarantee. He could bust just like the majority of their 1st round picks for the last decade. If he pans out, it will be a great pick. However, we've all seen the way the raiders develop their potential stars, and it isn't good.
QB Derek Carr - will need time to develop, and even then he probably won't be much more than a mediocre starter. If they throw him to the wolves right away, he will wind up just like his brother, or worse.

On top of all that, their head coach doesn't know what he's doing and their GM is a joke. They will both be canned after the raiders post another pathetic record in 2014. Then, they'll have to start all over yet again.

I said all of that to say this: they will never get a new stadium built in Oakland while fielding that pathetic excuse for a team. Their continued stench on the field combined with the fact that they cannot even sell out their current home games (at a very cheap price for NFL games, by the way) will make it difficult to get funding for a new stadium in Oakland. A new stadium would mean higher ticket prices, and people are not going to spend more to see the same pathetic team lose games - unless it's a new market and their new fans aren't used to their losing ways.

The Oakland raiders, as a franchise, are far from respectable. Yes, they've won some championships, but the Davis' have proven to be far from loyal to their fans and their hosting cities. They already abandoned Oakland and their bay area fans once, only to wind up bailing on Los Angeles and the fans they gained down there. Now, they're contemplating bailing on their bay area fans for a 2nd time. Where is the loyalty? What about that makes any of you guys feel the need for this joke of a franchise to remain in California? On top of all that, their fans are one of the worst collective groups in the NFL.

The ONLY reason I wouldn't want the raiders to leave is the fact that a bunch of their "fans" will end up hopping on the 49ers' bandwagon or becoming Seahawks fans (which won't be that big of a deal because many of them already act like Seahawk fans since they root for any team to beat the 49ers and the Seahawks are currently the only team that can do it). Other than that, good riddance.
sell the team to larry ellison, move to LA and build a stadium there

boom, problem solved
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Move them to Sacramento

They'd have no problems selling out and could still draw from the bay area as well as Sacramento area.

Oh f**k No. I dont want them in my backyard. GTFO and go to LA
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Move them to Sacramento

Oh f**k No. I dont want them in my backyard. GTFO and go to LA

Sorry about that Donnie

Sorry about that Donnie

thatd be a nightmare! lol
Empire49 ... one of the best rants I have ever read on this board. Nicely done
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Empire49 ... one of the best rants I have ever read on this board. Nicely done

LOL just keeping it real, bro. I cannot comprehend why any 49ers fans would care about the raiders leaving. I have no respect for their franchise (not the players, the actual franchise) because it doesn't deserve respect. I happen to know a lot of really cool raiders fans, but I honestly can't see how they support that team unless they're younger and don't remember the team bailing on them and going to southern California.

I am a die hard 49ers fan, been supporting the team since I was old enough to understand the game (25+ years). I attended season ticket holder mini camps and open training camps during the dark years. I've supported the team emotionally and financially for as long as I can remember. And, as pathetic as it might sound, the team is a legitimate part of my personal life. I live and die for 49ers football. But having said all that, if the 49ers ever abandoned me and left for another region (especially Southern California or Texas), I'd completely lose my attachment and wouldn't have an NFL team. That betrayal would not be forgiven. I don't see how raider fans do it.

I'm wondering how many of them would continue to root for that team if they end up going to San Antonio. I've only spoken to a few of my buddies that are raiders fans regarding this, but each of them has said they won't support the team any longer.
[ Edited by Empire49 on Jul 30, 2014 at 7:37 PM ]
Great posts indeed Empire!

I particularly agree that the only major change it would have is we'd get a better second game on Sundays. I do actually watch raiders games for the same reason. I enjoy hearing ignorant fans spout off about how they think the raiders will do this/that every year.

I also think it's hilarious how raider fans make "Santa Clara 49ers" jokes, yet they ignore 1983-1994 (or are too young to have known about the "Los Angeles Raiders")
  • Jiks
Utah Raiders
Share 49ersWebzone