There are 252 users in the forums

Dri Archer and Martavis Bryant to the Steelers...I don't care I'll say it..

Shop 49ers game tickets
I had Bryant as a fourth round pick in my draft because he presented so much value at that point. Not sure he would have been so productive in this offense, but CK can surely throw the ball downfield to him, and the long ball was Bryant's greatest contribution to the team.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda. Oh, well, this year, right?
I wanted Bryant so bad in the draft.
Originally posted by 9er2k:
Whoever is the WR scout for the Steelers needs to get hired by Baalke pronto.

I think its more their system than anything else. They have good coaches and continuity with the coaching, their OCs have been pretty aggressive in terms of passing the ball and they have a top tier QB. All of those factors make it a lot easier to develop a receiver.

Doesnt mean those guys would develop the same elsewhere. The Packers have the same situation.
Originally posted by tohara3:
I wanted Bryant so bad in the draft.

During that offseason I claimed that Bryant would do better than his team mate Watkins.
I think I can almost say im right....
Originally posted by Quest4six:
During that offseason I claimed that Bryant would do better than his team mate Watkins.

Now put Watkins in Pittsburgh and Bryant in Buffalo, do you think they are both coming up with the same numbers?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Quest4six:

Now put Watkins in Pittsburgh and Bryant in Buffalo, do you think they are both coming up with the same numbers?

Lol Phoenix i'm not here to argue specifics
To be fair I claim that after they got drafted
Man down.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Man down.

Yeah, all that speed too
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
uh oh....

SportsCenter @SportsCenter
THIS JUST IN: PIT WR Martavis Bryant faces possible 1-yr suspension related to NFL drug testing. (via @JFowlerESPN)

Originally posted by Jcool:
uh oh....

SportsCenter @SportsCenter
THIS JUST IN: PIT WR Martavis Bryant faces possible 1-yr suspension related to NFL drug testing. (via @JFowlerESPN)

Josh Gordon status
Tom Pelissero ‏@TomPelissero 14m14 minutes ago

Facing NFL ban, #Steelers WR Martavis Bryant will check into rehab, get evaluated for depression, agent says: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2016/03/12/martavis-bryant-pittsburgh-steelers/81693628/
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:

Facing NFL ban, #Steelers WR Martavis Bryant will check into rehab, get evaluated for depression, agent says: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2016/03/12/martavis-bryant-pittsburgh-steelers/81693628/

Not to be insensitive but can he be using depression as an excuse for using a banned substance? It's easy to fake or even diagnose depression since its all subjective
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:

Not to be insensitive but can he be using depression as an excuse for using a banned substance? It's easy to fake or even diagnose depression since its all subjective

That's a good question and point. I think he shouldn't be penalized by the NFL, but shouldn't be allowed to play.
Originally posted by JimA49ers:
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:

That's a good question and point. I think he shouldn't be penalized by the NFL, but shouldn't be allowed to play.
Banned substance is banned substance. NFL players can get exemptions if they require medication that falls on the list. There is no excuse for failing a test, and all failed tests should be treated as intentional ingestion of the known banned substance.
Share 49ersWebzone