There are 211 users in the forums

Dri Archer and Martavis Bryant to the Steelers...I don't care I'll say it..

Shop 49ers game tickets
I wish we got these two...well actually I wanted Dri Archer and Moncrief.

but still Bryant can be a serious threat if he pans out....more so than most of the receivers in this draft class, just because of his natural physical talent.

add to that, Ryan Shazier and Stephon Tuitt?

I think the Steelers are back man....

don't get me wrong, the more I get to know Bruce Ellington... I like the kid....and Hyde would be a good replacement for Gore.

but I just feel a player like Archer would've helped against a team like the Seahawks.. heck they have 2 of those types of players themselves with Harvin and that skinny kid they just got.

and I feel there is nothing wrong with looking for the next T.O. (which I feel Moncrief could be)...or Tall deep threat that Bryant can be.

Anyone else like Steelers draft class? I don't know these other players.

Ryan Shazier, LB , Ohio State
Stephon Tuitt, DL , Notre Dame
Dri Archer, RB, Kent State
Martavis Bryant, WR, Clemson
Shaquille Richardson, CB , Arizona
Wesley Johnson, OL , Vanderbilt
Jordan Zumwalt, LB , UCLA
Daniel McCullers, DT, Tennessee
Rob Blanchflower, TE , Massachusetts
and wouldn't you know it.... NFL Live just now had a little tournment about who the studio felt had the best draft out of all 32 teams.... and at the end of the show it was the 49ers vs The Steelers.

49ers won.
[ Edited by Afrikan on May 12, 2014 at 2:01 PM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
I just laugh because the Steelers stole the last of 3 options from the Cowboys in Shazier so they took that OG Martin. How would you like to hear that the first day on a team?

"You weren't even our 4th choice because we wanted these 3 pass rushers and had our #1 player of the board (Manziel) still on the table BUT HEY we picked you you buddy!"

Only the Cowboys.....
On paper, that looks like a heck of a draft.
well if you haven't made the playoffs two years straight, you probably will have some better draft picks than those teams who pick #30

They sure did a good job.
They did a heck of a job. I think they'll be back to contending faster than I thought.

I don't particularly like the Steelers, but it's good for the league and the sport when they are good. Much like the 49ers, Raiders, Bears, Packers, etc.
I do like Tuitt, Archer, and Bryant but then again, I'm not a talent scout, maybe Tuitt wouldn't have a place on our line. Maybe archer would just be another LMJ. Did want Bryant though but we have Stevie so I'm happy with his addition.
Originally posted by Youngone:
I do like Tuitt, Archer, and Bryant but then again, I'm not a talent scout, maybe Tuitt wouldn't have a place on our line. Maybe archer would just be another LMJ. Did want Bryant though but we have Stevie so I'm happy with his addition.

TJE made drafting DL unnecessary to be honest. They love Dobbs for versatility, TJE made an impact last year, they seem to like Dial along with Carradine ready to go along with two healthy NTs... there was no point. Not to mention Tomsula gets the most out of anyone in his path.

Archer and Bryant would of been nice, but it seems the FO is over drafting straight line studs and would rather just get football players through and through.
Looks like the Steelers had a very good draft to help infuse some good youth into there team.

I think the Steelers had an awesome draft. Getting Tuitt and McCullers, I don't see how anybody is going to run against them. Getting Archer and Bryant on top of Brown makes for a high upside receiving core. Getting Shazier is the cherry on top.
[ Edited by ESWYoung08 on Jun 13, 2014 at 11:15 AM ]
Originally posted by Afrikan:
I wish we got these two...well actually I wanted Dri Archer and Moncrief.

but still Bryant can be a serious threat if he pans out....more so than most of the receivers in this draft class, just because of his natural physical talent.

add to that, Ryan Shazier and Stephon Tuitt?

I think the Steelers are back man....

don't get me wrong, the more I get to know Bruce Ellington... I like the kid....and Hyde would be a good replacement for Gore.

but I just feel a player like Archer would've helped against a team like the Seahawks.. heck they have 2 of those types of players themselves with Harvin and that skinny kid they just got.

and I feel there is nothing wrong with looking for the next T.O. (which I feel Moncrief could be)...or Tall deep threat that Bryant can be.

Anyone else like Steelers draft class? I don't know these other players.

Ryan Shazier, LB , Ohio State
Stephon Tuitt, DL , Notre Dame
Dri Archer, RB, Kent State
Martavis Bryant, WR, Clemson
Shaquille Richardson, CB , Arizona
Wesley Johnson, OL , Vanderbilt
Jordan Zumwalt, LB , UCLA
Daniel McCullers, DT, Tennessee
Rob Blanchflower, TE , Massachusetts

The only people that scare me on this draft are Shazier and Tuitt.
I don't think Archer will get away with playing at 170lbs in the pros. I get that there are some people who are that light, but with the hits he is going to be subject to he cannot play there.
He will bulk up and lose some speed, Devin Hester 2.0

Shaq Richardson is a 50/50
Zumwalt is a joke, the only reason this guy was drafted was because Barr made him look good.

Personally I think our draft is better

Edit: Bryant might be a threat, but when Ben is gone that offense will probably crumble
[ Edited by Quest4six on Jun 13, 2014 at 11:19 AM ]
Then again, Archer and Bryant could turn out to be LaMichael James and AJ Jenkins. You never know.

I will take the Hyde and Ellington combo anyday for the style of offense the Niners play.
Originally posted by Quest4six:
The only people that scare me on this draft are Shazier and Tuitt.
I don't think Archer will get away with playing at 170lbs in the pros. I get that there are some people who are that light, but with the hits he is going to be subject to he cannot play there.
He will bulk up and lose some speed, Devin Hester 2.0

Shaq Richardson is a 50/50
Zumwalt is a joke, the only reason this guy was drafted was because Barr made him look good.

Personally I think our draft is better

Edit: Bryant might be a threat, but when Ben is gone that offense will probably crumble

If Archer is Hester 2.0, that should scare you too.
Archer has speed, but isn't nearly as stout as Ellington. Spurrier has praised Bruce effusively...and he doesn't do that a lot. Both Ellington and Lattimore were two of his "guys" at SC. And now they'll be playing together in SF.

WRT Tuitt, I think he has a lot of potential. But, our DL's already very deep and with Carradine joining their ranks, there really wasn't a lot of room for another DL, at least not as an earlier pick.

With the signing of Lloyd, trade for Stevie Johnson and addition of Ellington, I think our receiving corps is deep and multi-talented. Both Bryant and Moncrief need some work to become more consistent WR's. Baalke/Harbaugh want to win now...

Shazier was drafted by Denver, BTW.
Share 49ersWebzone