49ers vs. Seahawks Tickets Available! →

There are 707 users in the forums

Only a FS Jimmie Ward-Houston Texans

Shop 49ers game tickets
And again if the niners had peters he would of gotten toasted and burned so much more with less ints bc the lack of pass rush we would be calling him a bust with some potential. He would of given up what 1300 yards a s**t load of completions and easily over 10 tds. Ouch. Now that's getting owned.

Anyways back to ward and Robinson. I'm just glad we have RR and Ward who I believe will be the betters CBs and overall great pickups by Baalke. Ward is a great slot CB like a worse version of Mathieu
[ Edited by elguapo on Sep 21, 2016 at 6:04 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
  • Posts: 122,144
Originally posted by elguapo:
And again if the niners had peters he would of gotten toasted and burned so much more with less ints bc the lack of pass rush we would be calling him a bust with some potential. He would of given up what 1300 yards a s**t load of completions and easily over 10 tds. Ouch. Now that's getting owned.

I'm just glad we have RR who I believe will be the better CB

Lol making up your own truths. You do know some players are just more talented than others and have better ball skills. Comparing a back up player to an all pro is laughable.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 39,898
Originally posted by elguapo:
And again if the niners had peters he would of gotten toasted and burned so much more with less ints bc the lack of pass rush we would be calling him a bust with some potential. He would of given up what 1300 yards a s**t load of completions and easily over 10 tds. Ouch. Now that's getting owned.

Anyways back to ward and Robinson. I'm just glad we have RR and Ward who I believe will be the betters CBs and overall great pickups by Baalke. Ward is a great slot CB like a worse version of Mathieu
Except Mathieu has ball skills and can create turnovers.
  • evil
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 46,740
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by elguapo:
And again if the niners had peters he would of gotten toasted and burned so much more with less ints bc the lack of pass rush we would be calling him a bust with some potential. He would of given up what 1300 yards a s**t load of completions and easily over 10 tds. Ouch. Now that's getting owned.

I'm just glad we have RR who I believe will be the better CB

Lol making up your own truths. You do know some players are just more talented than others and have better ball skills. Comparing a back up player to an all pro is laughable.

Don't put words into his mouth. He did not compare RR to Peters, he projected RR will be the better player.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
  • Posts: 122,144
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by elguapo:
And again if the niners had peters he would of gotten toasted and burned so much more with less ints bc the lack of pass rush we would be calling him a bust with some potential. He would of given up what 1300 yards a s**t load of completions and easily over 10 tds. Ouch. Now that's getting owned.

I'm just glad we have RR who I believe will be the better CB

Lol making up your own truths. You do know some players are just more talented than others and have better ball skills. Comparing a back up player to an all pro is laughable.

Don't put words into his mouth. He did not compare RR to Peters, he projected RR will be the better player.

He said RR will be the better CB, how is that not comparing ?
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by elguapo:
And again if the niners had peters he would of gotten toasted and burned so much more with less ints bc the lack of pass rush we would be calling him a bust with some potential. He would of given up what 1300 yards a s**t load of completions and easily over 10 tds. Ouch. Now that's getting owned.

I'm just glad we have RR who I believe will be the better CB

Lol making up your own truths. You do know some players are just more talented than others and have better ball skills. Comparing a back up player to an all pro is laughable.

Don't put words into his mouth. He did not compare RR to Peters, he projected RR will be the better player.

Thank you. Some people have a way of making things up so there argument seems legit. I would like to have peters but I'm glad we have Ward and rr for the future. I think we are set up in the secondary and dl nicely for the future. Hopefully we have a pass rush when lynch comes back that will make our CBS look even better.
  • evil
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 46,740
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by elguapo:
And again if the niners had peters he would of gotten toasted and burned so much more with less ints bc the lack of pass rush we would be calling him a bust with some potential. He would of given up what 1300 yards a s**t load of completions and easily over 10 tds. Ouch. Now that's getting owned.

I'm just glad we have RR who I believe will be the better CB

Lol making up your own truths. You do know some players are just more talented than others and have better ball skills. Comparing a back up player to an all pro is laughable.

Don't put words into his mouth. He did not compare RR to Peters, he projected RR will be the better player.

He said RR will be the better CB, how is that not comparing ?

Do you not understand the difference between comparing and projecting?

He predicted one player will be better than the other, that is a projection. He did not compare the two players.
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
I figured you wouldn't respond, so I'll do it for you.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2015/11/16/9729674/big-marcus-peters-review-kansas-city-chiefs-cornerback

Peters vs. Hopkins (their #1 receiver)



Peters vs. Calvin Johnson (their #1 receiver)



Peters vs. Alshon Jeffrey (their #1 receiver)



Peters vs. Amari Cooper (their #1 receiver)



Peters vs. Antonio Brown (the best WR in the NFL):



Quote about Peters vs. AJ Green (their #1 receiver):

Of course, context matters here. There are some receivers in which having a 60 percent success rate is really, really good (like A.J. Green, for example, who just brutalized Peters on some snaps). But overall, 70 percent (over time) is the goal for me to say you're a good corner.

Now can you stop with the "he didn't cover the other team's #1 WR" nonsense?

No I won't stop at all bc it's a well known fact that Sean smith covered the teams number one wr a lot more than peters and was their number 1 CB. Don't need links bc I watched the games as did a lot of America. Pro football focus also analyzed this as well......so I'll wait for you to acknowledge it. Btw Sherman also doesn't cover number one wrs ALL THE TIME but the majority of the time the number one CBS like smith on the Chiefs last season are on the opposing teams wr.

I will wait for a response

Sherman doesn't shadow the #1. He plays within the scheme so whoever is on his side is who he covers. Sherman has been criticized for not being a true shutdown because of this.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
I figured you wouldn't respond, so I'll do it for you.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2015/11/16/9729674/big-marcus-peters-review-kansas-city-chiefs-cornerback

Peters vs. Hopkins (their #1 receiver)



Peters vs. Calvin Johnson (their #1 receiver)



Peters vs. Alshon Jeffrey (their #1 receiver)



Peters vs. Amari Cooper (their #1 receiver)



Peters vs. Antonio Brown (the best WR in the NFL):



Quote about Peters vs. AJ Green (their #1 receiver):

Of course, context matters here. There are some receivers in which having a 60 percent success rate is really, really good (like A.J. Green, for example, who just brutalized Peters on some snaps). But overall, 70 percent (over time) is the goal for me to say you're a good corner.

Now can you stop with the "he didn't cover the other team's #1 WR" nonsense?

Damn you owned the f**k out this guy. Nice work.
Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
lol, I've learned 2 fascinating facts over these last few pages


Fact #1 - Ward getting bent over so that Benjamin can have his way with him wasn't bad football.

Fact #2 - The AP DROY, made a probowl, and 2nd team All Pro (as a rookie) actually isn't a good player

Man I love my 49ers but you guys put on some real blinders.

49ers Defense was an EMBARRASSMENT. We have up 500 yards of offense. And yet some of you are like "hey guys, we competed! But we didn't win, aw shucks!"

1st round Cornerback pick better be able to do something against the legit players/teams in this league. Jimmie looking great against the Rams is meaningless, that QB/Passing game was some of the worst football Ive seen since we had Cody Pickett.

NT logic.

If Panthers weren't fooling around - we'd have scored like 17 pts and they'd put up over 50.

Clearly you guys just are NOT following PFF closely enough, haven't you heard how well some guys on Niners D graded out, including Ward? I mean who cares what actually happened on the field and that they got their s**t pushed in, they got good grades!!!
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by elguapo:
And again if the niners had peters he would of gotten toasted and burned so much more with less ints bc the lack of pass rush we would be calling him a bust with some potential. He would of given up what 1300 yards a s**t load of completions and easily over 10 tds. Ouch. Now that's getting owned.

I'm just glad we have RR who I believe will be the better CB

Lol making up your own truths. You do know some players are just more talented than others and have better ball skills. Comparing a back up player to an all pro is laughable.

Don't put words into his mouth. He did not compare RR to Peters, he projected RR will be the better player.

Thank you. Some people have a way of making things up so there argument seems legit. I would like to have peters but I'm glad we have Ward and rr for the future. I think we are set up in the secondary and dl nicely for the future. Hopefully we have a pass rush when lynch comes back that will make our CBS look even better.

Don't worry, if the Duck #1's continue to be as "disruptive" as they were on Sunday (I'm almost certain Cam had a look mild concern once or twice) the pass rush will be just fine.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Sherman doesn't shadow the #1. He plays within the scheme so whoever is on his side is who he covers. Sherman has been criticized for not being a true shutdown because of this.

I guess you didn't read my last post because I specifically said Sherman does not cover number one receivers all the time. And he is a shutdown corner even if he mainly covers his side of the field. However, Sherman has followed a teams number one receiver on the other side of the field before. Don't you remember?


Originally posted by sacniner:
Damn you owned the f**k out this guy. Nice work.

Not even close. Showing me specific plays where a number 2 cornerback is covering a number one receiver once in a while does nothing to support his argument because I never said peters always covers the number two receiver. That is pure stupidity on other people's part.

Sean Smith was the number one guy there and that is a fact. I said the pass rush helped that whole teams secondary and look at what happened this year against San Diego and Houston. Their best pass rusher is out and they are looking even worse in the secondary than before. Completely supports my argument that peters although he did get many turnovers got completely abused and was in the bottom of the NFL cornerback list giving up completions yards and touchdowns that in no way is A good CB. I think he has promise, however if he was on the Niners I would be tearing him apart as well as most all of us for being a bust that gave up so many yards completions and tds. Imagine if he had our lackluster pass rush he would be a suspect player year one. Theres some ownage for ya!

Anyways I'm glad we have ward because he is one of the better slot corners and could be a solid outside corner
Originally posted by elguapo:
No I won't stop at all bc it's a well known fact that Sean smith covered the teams number one wr a lot more than peters and was their number 1 CB. Don't need links bc I watched the games as did a lot of America. Pro football focus also analyzed this as well......so I'll wait for you to acknowledge it. Btw Sherman also doesn't cover number one wrs ALL THE TIME but the majority of the time the number one CBS like smith on the Chiefs last season are on the opposing teams wr.

I will wait for a response

If Pro Football Focus analyzed it, it shouldn't be hard for you to provide a link.

You said Peters was burned by "receivers lesser than Marshall" and I've shown you plenty of evidence that's just not the case.
[ Edited by itlynstalyn on Sep 22, 2016 at 10:15 AM ]
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
If Pro Football Focus analyzed it, it shouldn't be hard for you to provide a link.

You said Peters was burned by "receivers lesser than Marshall" and I've shown you plenty of evidence that's just not the case.

You can show me that evidence or you can realize that he was burned for what close to 1000 yards and close to 10 touchdowns let alone a s**t load of completions. Why don't you show me the bad receivers he allowed to get those yards completions and touchdowns? I don't need to provide evidence or waste my time when it's well-known that Sean Smith covered a lot of the number one receiver's last year. Simple fact. Did you even watch KC games? I sure as hell did. Also you know as well as I do that he covered a lot of receivers lesser than Marshall last year..... please. Anytime he's covering a number two receiver which was often, that wr is in FACT lesser than Marshall. Because any number two receiver is lesser than Marshall and he allowed a lot of those yards completions and touchdowns against those number twos. What stupidity. YOU ARE COMPLETELY WRONG. so stop arguing that point when it is fact.

You just can't deal with the facts. You can show me a couple clips, pictures or a couple articles or whatever you would like to do but that's cherry picking. In the overall picture you know as well as I know as well as everybody watching Kansas City games that peters was often times covering the oppositions number two receiver. You just can't admit it. That's OK. I understand. You like peters and I on the other hand do not like a cornerback that gives up that many points yards and completions on a great defense. That is really telling. It's like those Seattle Seahawks cornerbacks that were great covering number two receivers like Maxwell or Thurmond III with the help of the best defense, and then they go to another team and are horrible. I'm not saying peters is horrible, what I am saying is he's not that good without the pass rush and if he was on another team like Maxwell or Thurmond he would do a lot worse think about that. Bye bye
[ Edited by elguapo on Sep 22, 2016 at 3:13 PM ]
I said telllll meeeeeee, what's really going on. Jimmys back in this trick,I'm ready... Was' happeninnnnnnnnn.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone