There are 249 users in the forums

**** WEEK 14 NFL GAMEDAY THREAD 12/5 - 12/9 ****

Shop 49ers game tickets
It's almost like players said if you are going to call every hit that is up high even if it's with the shoulder and fine us we will just go low and take out knees. What happened to in between? Should really look into fining/suspending and making those hits at the knees a penalty. I mean some times I can see why they go low but others it's like just tackle them in mid section or if you want to cut out there legs go for the feet/thighs. these guys seem to be going right at the knee.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
It's almost like players said if you are going to call every hit that is up high even if it's with the shoulder and fine us we will just go low and take out knees. What happened to in between? Should really look into fining/suspending and making those hits at the knees a penalty. I mean some times I can see why they go low but others it's like just tackle them in mid section or if you want to cut out there legs go for the feet/thighs. these guys seem to be going right at the knee.

I agree with you, but there has to be some corresponding rule changes made to the passing game or else it's going to be even further tilted in favor of the offense than it already is.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
I agree with you, but there has to be some corresponding rule changes made to the passing game or else it's going to be even further tilted in favor of the offense than it already is.

Yeah it's turning into arena ball. One thing they could do to help the defense if they start calling knee hits penalties is call more offensive pi, more push offs, hands to the face or face mask like when trying to stiff arm. If defense does it it gets called but offense when stiff arming hardly ever gets called even if grabbing the face mask and pulling some times. And the refs can help by being cautious with the flags. I guess nfl says if its close throw it but I say if it's close or unsure don't throw it.

Here is an example of one today that got flagged: keep watching reply easier to see.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Dec 8, 2013 at 11:03 PM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

Yeah it's turning into arena ball. One thing they could do to help the defense if they start calling knee hits penalties is call more offensive pi, more push offs, hands to the face or face mask like when trying to stiff arm. If defense does it it gets called but offense when stiff arming hardly ever gets called even if grabbing the face mask and pulling some times. And the refs can help by being cautious with the flags. I guess nfl says if its close throw it but I say if it's close or unsure don't throw it.

Here is an example of one today that got flagged: keep watching reply easier to see.
Or maybe if it's close, throw the flag but allow all personal foul penalties to be reviewed. And as for pass interference, you don't have to make them call Offensive PI more often (because the last thing we need is more flags), just call Defesnive PI less often (i.e. only when pushed, grabbed, obstructed by waving hands in front of face etc.) and allow more hand fighting. And make it a spot foul if it's within 15 yards, and a 15 yard penalty max for plays 15 yards or over.
While it pains to me say it, I hope the Cowboys win tonight. It's looking more and more likely that we'll be going to either Dallas or Philly in the WC round. I'd much rather go thru Dallas than Philly.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
While it pains to me say it, I hope the Cowboys win tonight. It's looking more and more likely that we'll be going to either Dallas or Philly in the WC round. I'd much rather go thru Dallas than Philly.

True, Cowboys are very one-dimensional, they can't run the ball, nor can they stop the run.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Who do we want to win tonight to result in the best for the Niners? Chicago or Dallas?
Bears tonight right?

Originally posted by xtm059:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Wow is this real?!
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Bears tonight right?

That's what I need to know as well.
Da Bears and Cowboys play is the way the NFL has become, high scoring, no D. Hello Video Games.
that brandon marshall block on sean lee
Originally posted by schmons:
that brandon marshall block on sean lee

Marshall and Jeffery, both have a 1000 yards and block.
Share 49ersWebzone