There are 234 users in the forums

Jon Baldwin Has Played His Last Game For The 9ers ?!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by fastforward:
What's the chance of AJ Jenkins making this team?

0%

He'd be no better than 8th on the depth chart.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Aug 6, 2014 at 8:37 PM ]
With our 6 WRs (yes I'm counted B Lloyd), there was NO chance he was going to make the team.

What a waste of carbon and water.

Slim and none, and slim just skipped town!
I would have taken Wylie and Jacobs over both Jenkins and Baldwin.
Originally posted by Wrathman:
I would have taken Wylie and Jacobs over both Jenkins and Baldwin.

The coaching staff agrees.
The sad part is Baalke said he was so sure about thisnhe wrote the jenkins pick and put itside an envelope before the draft.

One of the few black eyes on his resume.

Not sure how he missed so bad after he hit a grand slam just one year earlier.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
The sad part is Baalke said he was so sure about thisnhe wrote the jenkins pick and put itside an envelope before the draft.

It happens, even to the best talent evaluators. Just have to hit more than you miss.

Jenkins showed a lot of ability on film. Speed, smooth route running, natural hands catcher. The problem was what couldn't be detected in the tape. It's hard to predict how a kid will react to the cut-throat nature of the NFL. Jenkins' confidence level fell through the floor. I don't think he can handle the pressure.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

It happens, even to the best talent evaluators. Just have to hit more than you miss.

Jenkins showed a lot of ability on film. Speed, smooth route running, natural hands catcher. The problem was what couldn't be detected in the tape. It's hard to predict how a kid will react to the cut-throat nature of the NFL. Jenkins' confidence level fell through the floor. I don't think he can handle the pressure.

this. if he had that swagger that patton has then he would be our deep threat we desperately need. Too bad he had to be a b***h
  • Dodub
  • Veteran

I agree, every GM misses from time to time.

He simply couldn't get off the line because he was weak.

Ellington WON'T have that problem because he's built a lot like Tim Hardaway (another PG )

• Dodub
  • Veteran

Jenkins is reportedly looking good at Chiefs camp. I think Jenkins is an absolute waste of a pick too but he seems to be settling in over in KC.
  • Phil
  • Veteran
Baldwin had great training camps in KC as well. They're saying Kyle Williams is too. lol
[ Edited by Phil on Aug 7, 2014 at 12:48 AM ]
jon Baldwin has played his last game in the nfl
He's with detroit now. maybe their staff can help him out. Not our concern anymore. Move to nfl talk.
Originally posted by outside4949:
jon Baldwin has played his last game in the nfl
Share 49ersWebzone