LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 364 users in the forums

Interesting article about rg3's team not helping him up after being hit

Shop 49ers game tickets
http://thebiglead.com/2013/11/26/robert-griffin-iii-why-are-his-linemen-not-helping-him-up-this-year/#sthash.bDeUA8bC
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Not surprising. RG may be a QB but he acts like a prima donna WR, all about me me me.
Rob Parker was onto something when he criticized RGIII. Obviously the way he made his point was stupid. But it's clear RGIII alienates his peers and puts himself on a pedestal. But he conversates with the media, so he must be a great guy. Meanwhile, Kap is loved by all his teammates, but because he's not vocal with the media they try and assassinate his character at every turn.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Rob Parker was onto something when he criticized RGIII. Obviously the way he made his point was stupid. But it's clear RGIII alienates his peers and puts himself on a pedestal. But he conversates with the media, so he must be a great guy. Meanwhile, Kap is loved by all his teammates, but because he's not vocal with the media they try and assassinate his character at every turn.

Same could be said for Sherman, yes/no?
Originally posted by hawker84:

Since when is Sherman not vocal with the media? lol

You know, I don't really dislike Sherman. I'm a Stanford fan and have very fond memories of him at Palo Alto. But the way he acted sometimes once he got into the NFL was strange. I know he has a huge chip on his shoulder, but his antics went too far sometimes. Really not a bad dude though. All his teammates and coaches like him.

You know, I don't really dislike Sherman. I'm a Stanford fan and have very fond memories of him at Palo Alto. But the way he acted sometimes once he got into the NFL was strange. I know he has a huge chip on his shoulder, but his antics went too far sometimes. Really not a bad dude though. All his teammates and coaches like him.
And he handles the media well, seems like a cool guy while being interviewed.
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:

Yup, as long as Skip Bayless is not the interviewer lol.
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:

Yup, as long as Skip Bayless is not the interviewer lol.
Lol yep

Sherm is a player you love to hate... he cracks me up. All Pro Troll

but then because of his personality, when moments like this happen.. it makes it all more enjoyable.

^^ Exactly lol
I was just pointing out similarities between Kap and Sherman in the national eye. Both have said/done things in the national spotlight that has brought negative response from opposing fan bases accross the board. People go by what they see/hear on the radio/tv without taking the time to get to know the actual person off the field out of the spotlight. both guys are good dudes away from the field, but unless you take the time to research and learn this, you'll only have the perception portrayed by the national media to go by.

Back to the original topic, when RGIII came into the league he said and did all the right things, now that he and his team are facing adversity, he is starting to slip? or show his true colors, and fans are now seeing a different RGIII at the podium, and it's clear his teammates are seeing it too.
[ Edited by hawker84 on Nov 26, 2013 at 3:05 PM ]
I was just pointing out similarities between Kap and Sherman in the national eye. Both have said/done things in the national spotlight that has brought negative response from opposing fan bases accross the board. People go by what they see/hear on the radio/tv without taking the time to get to know the actual person off the field out of the spotlight. both guys are good dudes away from the field, but unless you take the time to research and learn this, you'll only have the perception portrayed by the national media to go by.

Back to the original topic, when RGIII came into the league he said and did all the right things, now that he and his team are facing adversity, he is starting to slip? or show his true colors, and fans are now seeing a different RGIII at the podium, and it's clear his teammates are seeing it too.

What you're seeing is why it's important to have the right kind of head coach and staff in place to help a young QB deal with the inevitable ups and downs of an NFL season. I doubt RGIII is getting little if ANY support from Shanahan. There's no way Harbaugh or Carroll would allow (even in a losing season) this explosion of negative perception to stunt their QB's development. From everything I've seen, RGIII is a good dude and works hard; but until he gains the experience to know how not to hurt himself, he needs the proper handling and guidance.

A lot of media professionals HATE Kap's post-game pressers because he gives them the absolute bare minimum of straight-forward answers…not leaving anything he says up for media interpretation. This is absolutely a reflection of his coach, and I'd be willing to bet Harbs instructed him early on in their relationship to be purposefully bland in his answering of media queries. As for RGIII, nothing he could possibly say would help as much as good play. But a misunderstood statement can yank the thread that unravels everything he's worked for.

Originally posted by au8277:

What you're seeing is why it's important to have the right kind of head coach and staff in place to help a young QB deal with the inevitable ups and downs of an NFL season. I doubt RGIII is getting little if ANY support from Shanahan. There's no way Harbaugh or Carroll would allow (even in a losing season) this explosion of negative perception to stunt their QB's development. From everything I've seen, RGIII is a good dude and works hard; but until he gains the experience to know how not to hurt himself, he needs the proper handling and guidance.

A lot of media professionals HATE Kap's post-game pressers because he gives them the absolute bare minimum of straight-forward answers…not leaving anything he says up for media interpretation. This is absolutely a reflection of his coach, and I'd be willing to bet Harbs instructed him early on in their relationship to be purposefully bland in his answering of media queries. As for RGIII, nothing he could possibly say would help as much as good play. But a misunderstood statement can yank the thread that unravels everything he's worked for.

if you check out kaeps post games from when he first because the starter to how they are now, it's a big difference. i'm sure harbs has something to do with it.

alex smith was becoming the same way over the last two years.

rg3 was asked last night about qualities of a leader.... he said something about how in good in bad times a leader will stay the same. rg3 imo lately has been acting more like a brat this season..... jmho.
Share 49ersWebzone