LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 284 users in the forums

Possible answer to 49ers 2 Wideout

Shop 49ers game tickets
I say lets do it... Crabtree and Ham are coming back off of injury, who knows how they will play??? Outside of this year we have Crabs and Q through 2014 and that is it. Outside of that Gordon is the type of WR we need to beat Seattle, 6-3 225, can take the top off a defense and he has a bit of thug in him so he won't be intimidated by the mind games and trash talk of Seattle. The ONLY risk right now is the fear that he may fail another drug test, but I think given the way he's playing and knowing a big payday is around the corner he will keep his nose clean through 2015 (his contract year). I know we had issues with Aldon but I think he has embarrassed himself enough and will come back a new man and could possibly be a good role model for Gordon.

Outside of that the truth is we SUCK at drafting WRs, out history is brutal as of late. We have a chance to get a elite wr for a basement bargain price, lets do it. Trent is a master at stock piling picks so I think we will always have extra picks to move around. Hell we have a second round pick (LMJ) as a 4th string running back right now and we are THINKING about trading for a guy who could be a #1 WR for us?!?!? Imagine Gordon's explosiveness with Kaeps cannon? Vernon dominating the middle, and Anquan as a safety blanket possession guy... and if we do get Super Bowl run Crabtree back...
He is worth a late second IMO. which is what the second we give up will be.

Crabtree, Gordon, Patton, Baldwin for 2014 doesnt sound bad at all. Draft a fifth WR in the mid to late rounds to compliment those guys. I would personally bring Boldin back at the right price, but not likely the price will be right.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

Crabtree, Gordon, Patton, Baldwin for 2014 doesnt sound bad at all. Draft a fifth WR in the mid to late rounds to compliment those guys. I would personally bring Boldin back at the right price, but not likely the price will be right.

I thought Boldin signed a two-year deal with us??
Originally posted by 24plus25er:

I dont beleive so. If he did i missed it.

no his contract expires after this year i believe. I think he may have one or two more good years left in him, but he isn't at the same speeds as crabs and i would be wary of anything more than a 1-2 year extension. regardless i see no negative to picking up gordon, should be on the phone with the browns right now if i were baalke.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:

no his contract expires after this year i believe. I think he may have one or two more good years left in him, but he isn't at the same speeds as crabs and i would be wary of anything more than a 1-2 year extension. regardless i see no negative to picking up gordon, should be on the phone with the browns right now if i were baalke.

Let me just start off by saying I am fully on board with trading a 2nd for Gordon, but there are some negatives... First, would he be able to pick up the playbook in the middle of the season? Second, how quickly would he be able to develop to chemistry for Kap. Thirdly, he is one suspension away from being gone for an entire season, so that's a huge question mark.

With that said, I think the positives far outweigh the negatives and he would be the perfect addition to our offense that is in dire need of a big-bodied deep threat, who is still under contract for a few more years.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:

Let me just start off by saying I am fully on board with trading a 2nd for Gordon, but there are some negatives... First, would he be able to pick up the playbook in the middle of the season? Second, how quickly would he be able to develop to chemistry for Kap. Thirdly, he is one suspension away from being gone for an entire season, so that's a huge question mark.

With that said, I think the positives far outweigh the negatives and he would be the perfect addition to our offense that is in dire need of a big-bodied deep threat, who is still under contract for a few more years.

We have 13 draft picks right now for next year. Not to mention the 2nd rounders from KC if they are 8-8 or better which I think will happen. There is now way we are drafting 13 more players so its almost certain at some point they are gonna be used for trades. I believe in this coaching staff to deal with Gordon's off-field issues. Plus you'd have to think because he's coming to a superbowl contender that he has to straighten up and we have to many vets on this team that can set him straight.

A WR core of Crabs, Boldin, Manningham, and Patton for the playoffs? You have to believe, with Gore on the ground and our hopefully healthy D, we'll push hard through the playoffs. No way in hell can Seattle cover our whole offense with just their 2 CB's. With the pass rush that Seattle will have, Kaep will need to get rid of the ball quick.
[ Edited by Baldie on Oct 7, 2013 at 7:13 PM ]
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Josh Gordon is a stud and I would even give up a first-round pick for him. We have to make this trade but I think now that the Browns are winning their fans would be outraged if they traded their best offensive player after Already trading Richardson.
Adam Schefter ✔ @AdamSchefter
At least 3 teams have contacted Browns about deal for WR Josh Gordon; two have standing offers of a high pick and a player. Browns balking.
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
At least 3 teams have contacted Browns about deal for WR Josh Gordon; two have standing offers of a high pick and a player. Browns balking.

We HAVE to be 1/3 teams. I'm sure the Falcons and possibly the Colts are in the mix since Julio and Wayne went down. I also could see the Pats, Chargers, and maybe the Chiefs (?!?!?) could be a dark horse?

I'm thinking if we did make an offer it's LMJ and a 2nd. Which would further explain why he hasn't been playing (don't want to risk injury if you have a trade on the back burner). This would basically be like giving up two 2nds for Gordon which would be fair compensation and make up for the wasted pick on LMJ.
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:

"Hi Josh, welcome to the 49ers, do you know what a 'go route' is?" Even if he didn't catch a single pass this offense would be significantly improved due to the threat he presents. Teams wouldn't be as cocky about leaving their #2 CB out on an island with him.
Watched the browns play the packers. Gordon didn't seem like all that, but to be fair he had weeden throwing to him. Couldn't bring down the ball in single coverage. Meh, dude's overrated. Happy to see the niners pass up on this deal. I'd be more interested in bringing in hakeem nicks.

We HAVE to be 1/3 teams. I'm sure the Falcons and possibly the Colts are in the mix since Julio and Wayne went down. I also could see the Pats, Chargers, and maybe the Chiefs (?!?!?) could be a dark horse?

if we're in it...... based on how things have gone this past off-season, seattle might have thrown their name in the hat also, not like their WR's are special either......... (speculation)
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

if we're in it...... based on how things have gone this past off-season, seattle might have thrown their name in the hat also, not like their WR's are special either......... (speculation)

Nice angle. I wouldn't put anything past those b*****ds.
Share 49ersWebzone