LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 180 users in the forums

Jeff Garcia: Overrated or Underrated?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Jeff Garcia: Overrated or Underrated?

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WINiner:
Duck throwing Garcia never did sh$t before TO and never did sh$t after TO.

i do not think we would have had the success we did have with garcia had steve stensrod or whoever the f**k he was or rick mirer would have been the qb. we would have been just another team with "potential" but not a good quarterback to bring it out..
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
The 3rd being Brodie? Tittle? Albert?

oh I think brodie would be the answer, I am old school but not Y.A old school
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
maybe underappreciated (or however the hell you spell it) could be a good term? I think AT THE TIME, jeff made some fans(not me) upset with the way he scrambled or threw the ball but as we saw what occurred after he left,, I think alot of those fans had buyers remorse? just a thought
Originally posted by SoCold:
post season records starting QB

Montana 16-7
Young 8-6
Garcia 2-4

I feel Jeff never got enough credit for doing a pretty good job following two hof guys. He also didn't do enough to demand greatness credit either.

It's ok to be good and not great. Thank you for your service Jeffrey

Montana 16-7 .695
Kaepernick 2-1 .666
Young 8-6 .571
Smith 1-1 .500
Garcia 2-4 .333

/thread
I just don't agree at all on Bryant Young and I don't know why someone would have such a hard spot for him. He had a non-stop motor and yes, he routinely occupied two blockers. I don't know anyone who ever tried to make a case that he could occupy three.

I do agree that Kevin f*gan and Pierce Holt were absolutely awesome. They were two pieces of probably the best run-stopping line in the history of the franchise. Nobody could run on that team.

Da fuq is Taber? Was he NolanHasAPlan from back in the day?
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Da fuq is Taber? Was he NolanHasAPlan from back in the day?

This is a Taber:

And his most popular hit:

Lol that stuff is actually pretty funny, though slightly disturbing.

Dude knew how to win.....I blame T.O. for his downword spiral in his career
[ Edited by 80849er4life on Jul 11, 2013 at 6:43 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Dude knew how to win.....I blame T.O. for his downword spiral in his career

the whole team went into a tailspin when mooch got fired. I had no problem with the firing but it was clear to fans and I think to the players they had no plan to bring someone in better than mooch. I think alot of players saw the writing on the wall and wanted out. owens of course became judge jury and executioner with no one to tell him different, garcia hurt his back, we had a f**king idiot for a coach, no kicker and everything went to hell in a short time period
Originally posted by GoalLineStand:
Personally, I never thought Garcia was capable of leading the 49ers to a championship. He had some funky mechanics. Sometimes it seemed as if he'd jump in the air when throwing the ball. As to TO's inference that he was gay, in 2007 Garcia married Carmella DeCesare, Playboy's Playmate of the Year for 2004. They're still married and have 3 children together. Just one more stupid thing that came out of TO's mouth.

it's a cover up, duh
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Originally posted by GoalLineStand:
Personally, I never thought Garcia was capable of leading the 49ers to a championship. He had some funky mechanics. Sometimes it seemed as if he'd jump in the air when throwing the ball. As to TO's inference that he was gay, in 2007 Garcia married Carmella DeCesare, Playboy's Playmate of the Year for 2004. They're still married and have 3 children together. Just one more stupid thing that came out of TO's mouth.

it's a cover up, duh

it also did not help that we had a terrible secondary in those days and a coach who opted to play not to lose vs tampa bay
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
He was good enough for me to not care if Terrell Owens was right. That comeback against the Giants is one of my favorite football moments of all time.

Terrell Owens most certainly was not right. Have you seen Garcia's wife?

Oh, and definitely underrated.
Share 49ersWebzone