LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 470 users in the forums

Tank Carradine Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
I don't see how he can be anymore ineffectual than the guys playing in front of him, especially on passing downs where we get almost zero pass rush. I think it's conspiracy.
AB is spot on. JH,romn, fangio, just don't "do" playing rooks, except reid(last yr), ward (this one), and on occasion we get to see Dontae. Aside from that, and some Carlos, we don't get to see much of our 12 ( or was it 13 ) draft picks. This is a Harbaugh stubbornness, becaouse that is the way Bo Schembechler must have done it. They just don't do it. And the Lloyd deal, any play he comes in on, cheats our team of a much better player being out there. But nope, mr. conservative, Jim harabaugh-hard-head...doesn't play rooks.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
AB is spot on. JH,romn, fangio, just don't "do" playing rooks, except reid(last yr), ward (this one), and on occasion we get to see Dontae. Aside from that, and some Carlos, we don't get to see much of our 12 ( or was it 13 ) draft picks. This is a Harbaugh stubbornness, becaouse that is the way Bo Schembechler must have done it. They just don't do it. And the Lloyd deal, any play he comes in on, cheats our team of a much better player being out there. But nope, mr. conservative, Jim harabaugh-hard-head...doesn't play rooks.

Agreed 110% Doc.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

Agreed 110% Doc.

So this. If Tank doesn't know all situations then put him in pass rushing downs. Argh!

Also, when an opponent gets hurt at a position, attack that spot. Coaching is either stubborn or not aware.
Originally posted by Joecool:
So this. If Tank doesn't know all situations then put him in pass rushing downs. Argh!

Also, when an opponent gets hurt at a position, attack that spot. Coaching is either stubborn or not aware.

And has Dial been playing more and more? He seems like he gets a good push on the O line.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Unless we go on a miracle run, I'm pretty sure this Harbs last year. I don't doubt the early reports that theirs a riff between him an Baalke. It seems to me that Harbs doesn't always want to play the guys Baalke drafts, and that's a problem.

Are they playing guitars together
Lol... Rift
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Unless we go on a miracle run, I'm pretty sure this Harbs last year. I don't doubt the early reports that theirs a riff between him an Baalke. It seems to me that Harbs doesn't always want to play the guys Baalke drafts, and that's a problem.

What are some examples of Harbaugh not playing guys Baalke drafts? LMJ? Jenkins?
You say it so casually like it's only two players, but that was a 1st and a 2nd. Tank and McDonald are also both 2nds. It's unfortunate that Carrier (the noob TE) has had about as many career opportunities to catch the ball as McDonald.
Personally I think we give up on guys too soon. We should of had at least one or two games were we forced fed the ball to AJ. But that's a different topic.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Sep 25, 2014 at 10:17 PM ]
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:
And has Dial been playing more and more? He seems like he gets a good push on the O line.

okoye gets good push, also.
tony jerod-eddie gets beat up out there more often than not; why not let okoye provide some situational push and get some on-the-job experience?
With regards to Tank, I offer this paraphrased quote by Randy Cross and Ronnie Lott from America's Game 1981 49ers:

"Fred Dean is traded to our team. We're about to face Dallas, and it's not like he was here early but got in during the middle of the week. We're thinking 'what's he going to do on our defense? He doesn't know our game plan!'

We just put him in there and said 'stick um! He has a few sacks, and at halftime lights up a Kool's in front of Bill Walsh with everybody just staring at him"

• mayo49
  • Veteran
When is this cat going to start playing?

Originally posted by mayo49:
When is this cat going to start playing?

When someone pulls his head out of his....
Which hopefully is this Sunday
LMJ is still unclaimed, tells you something about him.

Carradine, obviously has problems with the playbook, push yes, for sure, but often you have to know your assigments, and if he does not know them he is a liability.
I believe that he will play.

btw. Whats up with Patton completley burried on the depth chart. WOW
This is Carradine's 2nd season, what is it that he cant get that Aaron Lynch can? Is this guy not playing with a full deck? We need this fool to pan out, he is really important. There are many scouts who had him in the top 10. He can even be one of the top 46 in Ninerland
Truth is, Balke and all these GMs know NO MORE then Most us Fans. We see highlights, we watch gametapes. We read measurable. If Balke and all these GMs are so good then howcome every team has Flops & Busts??
Share 49ersWebzone