LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 350 users in the forums

Tank Carradine Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersOnMINE:
For the people wondering here's an Interesting Read.

http://www.sacbee.com/2014/09/25/6735215/sidelined-why-tank-carradine-isnt.html

Make him a situational pass rusher on third downs. How hard is that.
Originally posted by Hopper:

Was thinking the same thing, " Go after the QB and that's it" lol
Originally posted by Hopper:

Was thinking the same thing, " Go after the QB and that's it" lol

I will agree that being bookworms don't exactly guarantee that Lemonier Jerod-Eddie and Dobbs are going to make the plays that Lynch Carradine and Dial might make if they are given more snaps. I can only hope we find ways to get our talent in rotation
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
I will agree that being bookworms don't exactly guarantee that Lemonier Jerod-Eddie and Dobbs are going to make the plays that Lynch Carradine and Dial might make if they are given more snaps. I can only hope we find ways to get our talent in rotation

Still perplexed about what's so hard to say "see the quarterback over there, do whatever you have to knock on his ass."
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Still perplexed about what's so hard to say "see the quarterback over there, do whatever you have to knock on his ass."

Yeah just bring him in on obvious pass rushing downs and tell him to get that f**ker Foles. The dude was at the quarterback constantly in the preseason. He showed weaknesses in the run game, but there is no denying that he has talent as a pass rusher. Him and Lynch need to be playing much much more. I've been so disappointed in Lemonier. He has no pass rush moves!

....seriously. He's in his second year now; aside from rehab what was he doing?

just a load of excuses and crap. that's all it is. now that people are finally questioning why they don't use the depth they have to actually answer for it. we got away with it for so long because the starters are so good. now that the starters are out and you're not playing the studs people are finally seeing how just absolutely silly NOT playing the guy who is a better pass rusher than the people in front of him when pass rushing is the major problem with the defense truly is.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by justthewest:

how hard is a playbook for DL. lol

no idea
Still, Adrian's point about Coaches not using guys goes back a long way, and like the case of when Brock broke into the starting lineup, there had to be an injury first. That is just stooooopid, and it shows a lack of interest in wanting to know what guys on the bench have to offer. Coach Walsh was great about that. He knew exactly what he had sitting on the bench. Remember, some of those SB teams weren't all that talented. Here, JH, Fangio, romn...none have any idea of what they have sitting on the bench. And that for a coach is criminal. Look back last yr, we get up on some teams, have the game put away....and did we see anyone on the bench come in and show us what they had? Nope. When Colt McCoy was here, did he EVER get a chance to come in and show JH what he had? Never. He got in for a few kneel downs.

That tells me, lack of interest in knowing just exactly what talent is sitting on the bench. And we also have seen Stevie go crazy and get red hot, only to be benched in place of Lloyd, who was not only not on the same page as Kap, he wasn't even in the same book. How in the world do you describe that as anything but PPC...pizz poor coaching? Tank should have been in there long ago. He wasn't . Same goes for every guy we have on the bench who might just contribute something. But no, we go with those who got us to...1-2. Brilliant.

This s**t is stupid im sure the big brute can see quarterback and hit quarterback. With Jimmie Ward out there getting toasted as a rookie and still playing im sure Tank can be allowed some leeway. Jerrod and Dobbs have like f**king 4 tackles between the two of them.
So he doesn't know all the dl play book. So F'N what. We have no line pressure at all. How much could he really hurt the d. I know I'm no coach but come on it sounds like absolute bulls@#t to me. Time to be high and mighty are coming to a end if we lose this week.

I was going to say something along these lines. I read the article on why Tank Carradine has been inactive and I honestly believe it's bull. At a certain point, you have to let talent play. This is one of the great limitations of this coaching staff. They are so into the mental aspects of the game and guys knowing their assignments, which is ironic in and of itself given the number of actual penalties this team commits, that they end up doing certain players more harm than good. No one is advocating the Tank should be inserted into the starting lineup or anything like that. But the talent the man has is clear. Are they trying to say the mental errors he is making are so bad that he can't even see the field? Is he blowing assignments so bad that running backs are zipping past him in practice for 10 + yard gains? Is he being dominated by the O-lineman in pass protecting and run protection? Does he not know which gap is his? I'm just not understanding. How bad could he be to not be able to get the 5 to 15 plays a game the backup D-lineman will get?

So what that the other backups know their assignments better. They are doing virtually nothing. Unless Tank is that awful, he needs to be on the field. Especially given our lack of a pass rush which is hurting our secondary.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

I was going to say something along these lines. I read the article on why Tank Carradine has been inactive and I honestly believe it's bull. At a certain point, you have to let talent play. This is one of the great limitations of this coaching staff. They are so into the mental aspects of the game and guys knowing their assignments, which is ironic in and of itself given the number of actual penalties this team commits, that they end up doing certain players more harm than good. No one is advocating the Tank should be inserted into the starting lineup or anything like that. But the talent the man has is clear. Are they trying to say the mental errors he is making are so bad that he can't even see the field? Is he blowing assignments so bad that running backs are zipping past him in practice for 10 + yard gains? Is he being dominated by the O-lineman in pass protecting and run protection? Does he not know which gap is his? I'm just not understanding. How bad could he be to not be able to get the 5 to 15 plays a game the backup D-lineman will get?

So what that the other backups know their assignments better. They are doing virtually nothing. Unless Tank is that awful, he needs to be on the field. Especially given our lack of a pass rush which is hurting our secondary.

totally agree. What's going on with the coaches this year. I think the pressure of the team sucking is really starting to make them lose there minds. Or there in bad denial.
Originally posted by susweel:

how hard is a playbook for DL. lol

How much of the playbook did Aldon know in his rookie year? Because it looked like they just told him "sack the QB", and thats all he did. He didnt even really line up anywhere, he just moved around behind the DL and found a lane.

Tank is either really dumb, or its a cover up for something else.
Share 49ersWebzone