LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 414 users in the forums

Tank Carradine Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
It looks like he was engaged with the LT who left him and the LG blew him up when Tank wasn't looking. Its part of the learning process.

This.
Yeah it was more due to the fact the LG pulled and he didn't see him as he was going down the line with the run and slightly engaging the LT. It's not like he was 1 on 1 and got thrown to the ground like that. Yeah Tank was always a better pass rusher than run defender though. He will continue to get stronger and probably add even more weight although he already went from like 276 to 290s. Plus he will get more aware and there is a big learning process switching from 4-3 DE to 3-4 DE It's his 2nd game...
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 19, 2014 at 7:19 PM ]
Originally posted by BrianGO:
It looks like he was engaged with the LT who left him and the LG blew him up when Tank wasn't looking. Its part of the learning process.

This.

That's what I saw too. He'll get better in time recognizing the right gaps. Needs experience handling those zone-stretch runs.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Looks like he said "f**k it im tired" lol

lol, that's EXACTLY what happened.
Want to see more of him this weekend!
Bust!
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:

Yeah I think you're right. It was a stretch play and it probably caught him off guard. Instead of charging up field he backed off and the lineman just ran through him.
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Aug 19, 2014 at 7:56 PM ]

Yeah I think you're right. It was a stretch play and it probably caught him off guard. Instead of charging up field he backed off and the lineman just ran through him.

It's just a zone play. The LT and LG are comboing Tank to the playside ILB. When the LB (camp body) flows fast, the LT has to leave in a hurry, and the LG takes over. Zone is one of the 5 basic running concepts, IIRC. He's seen zone blocking before; Tank just had a bad play. He had terrible pad level and hand placement from the snap.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
It's just a zone play. The LT and LG are comboing Tank to the playside ILB. When the LB (camp body) flows fast, the LT has to leave in a hurry, and the LG takes over. Zone is one of the 5 basic running concepts, IIRC. He's seen zone blocking before; Tank just had a bad play. He had terrible pad level and hand placement from the snap.

As soon as he turned or was turned to his right it was over. He plays like a rookie...too undisciplined. But he still has shown enough promise, not worried about him. Just needs to develop a little more.
was that dial making the tackle? Nice.

Here's a link to the guy who put him on his butt:
Number 63
Dial is a stud
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

True but recognizing zone blocking in college and in practice is different then in an NFL game. He knows that now. Or i hope he got
The message.
Purcell. Should i be happy or sad he lateraled 7 yards to be in the play. I wamt my nt to be a boulder and roll uphill right?
For the people wondering here's an Interesting Read.

http://www.sacbee.com/2014/09/25/6735215/sidelined-why-tank-carradine-isnt.html
Share 49ersWebzone