LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 351 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by GNielsen:
Okay, one more time for all posters looking at offense for answers: NO SUPER BOWL TEAM HAS EVER WON A GAME WHILE GIVING UP 34 POINTS. ONLY ONE TEAM IN THE HISTORY OF THE GAME, 1 OUT OF 47 HAS SCORED 31 OR MORE POINTS AND NOT WON.

DEFENSE, DEFENSE, DEFENSE.

You don't get it. With Alex the special teamers would have been fresh and tackled Jacoby Jones.

You don't beat teams like the Ravens while shooting yourself in the foot.
Okay, one more time for all posters looking at offense for answers: NO SUPER BOWL TEAM HAS EVER WON A GAME WHILE GIVING UP 34 POINTS. ONLY ONE TEAM IN THE HISTORY OF THE GAME, 1 OUT OF 47 HAS SCORED 31 OR MORE POINTS AND NOT WON.

This isn't what people would be screaming if talking about both # 11 and # 7... and you know it.

- When a QB is liked, people suddenly see ALL aspects around the QB that contribute to struggles. Legitimate reasons.
- When a QB is disliked, people only look at the QB and call ALL aspects around the QB that struggled excuses.
Originally posted by kcfan11:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
once Baltimore took away our RBs...there was no where to check down

Too bad they called that TD back on Ginn. Would have been a much different story.

Oh there was a botched call too? The details just keep pouring in. This is getting good guys, keep it up.

LOL, everyone who watches football knows there are always certain plays or obscure calls that "coulda woulda shoulda"....but in reality, the quarterback is ultimately the one counted upon and looked up to in the huddle to be the "leader the team", and the one who elevates his men when things are going bad.... that is just common sense.

But excuses are always made for poor baby Alex. Hopefully the Kansas City Chief will make EVERYTHING perfect for Alex, where nothing breaks down, nothing goes wrong, and no one has any bad days. Best of luck!
  • Jiks
If we are talking about the SB I don't see how it was one position or one side of the balls fault. Special teams blew it, offense blew it, defense blew it. Every single one of these groups had their chances and every single one faultered.
Originally posted by tjd808185:

You don't get it. With Alex the special teamers would have been fresh and tackled Jacoby Jones.

Miller would have... but two Ravens suddenly grew love struck with him and fought over which one could give him the bestest bear hug.
Yeah but the article states he tried to trade for him. They had Vick already or had someone else when Alex was FA maybe, not sure but whatever. Maybe the FO had a different opinion than Reid at the time or the 9ers wanted to keep Alex. All we know is that Reid has stated he wanted Alex. Why do people find it that hard to believe?

3.) Smith was a free agent last season and there was no market for him.

Yes, Smith technically was a free agent in 2012, but there needs to be a large asterisk next to that designation. Everyone in the league assumed the 49ers would re-sign Smith because the 49ers said they would do so - Remember Jim Harbaugh-heart-Alex Smith at Pebble Beach last year? - and because Smith said he wanted to be back. It was only when the 49ers offered Smith a mediocre deal and pursued Peyton Manning that Smith figured he ought to make himself available on the open market. But that was nearly a week into free agency, and most teams already had made their plans.

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/02/the-five-myths-about-the-49ers-and-alex-smith.html#storylink=cpy

God, I hope you're kidding. Jones wasn't tackled because two blockers basically picked Bruce Miller up off the ground and held him there while Jones ran right past them. I thought everyone knew that, even Ravens fans.

Please be kidding. You see, I can't tell. Numbers are numbers - if your point is that although no Super Bowl team has ever been able to win a championship game while giving up 34 points, this team should have been able to do that, fine. You can stick with that argument for what it's worth. I'm a numbers guy. I'm also someone who doesn't play Madden, so I'm more likely to still understand that defense is just as important as offense, maybe more important.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
It's true Reid tried to get Alex while he was with the Eagles.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/video/nfl/20130812/postcard-training-camp.sportsillustrated/

it's so true that when AS was a free agent Reid invited him over to Philly...yeah right

When a team tries to TRADE for someone it means that they are NOT a free agent.

He was referring to when AS was a FA.

Yeah but the article states he tried to trade for him. They had Vick already or had someone else when Alex was FA maybe, not sure but whatever. Maybe the FO had a different opinion than Reid at the time or the 9ers wanted to keep Alex. All we know is that Reid has stated he wanted Alex. Why do people find it that hard to believe?

I understand that, and all I was telling you was his reference was in regards to FA and lack of interest vs. Interest in a trade. Either way I thought it was common knowledge that there was some sort of interest in AS from Reid at some point.
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
once Baltimore took away our RBs...there was no where to check down

Too bad they called that TD back on Ginn. Would have been a much different story.

Oh there was a botched call too? The details just keep pouring in. This is getting good guys, keep it up.

The play they are referring to was a nice deep pass by Alex...Maybe you should save your ish talking for subjects you know what you are talking about

This little tidbit of information is actually proving my point. That particular game was brought up and the poster could only blame the loss on one person taking 9 sacks. When there was other clear factors as to why they lost. It's simply hate for one player when they only pick and chose what they want to see. It's clear as day now.

God, I hope you're kidding. Jones wasn't tackled because two blockers basically picked Bruce Miller up off the ground and held him there while Jones ran right past them. I thought everyone knew that, even Ravens fans.

Please be kidding. You see, I can't tell. Numbers are numbers - if your point is that although no Super Bowl team has ever been able to win a championship game while giving up 34 points, this team should have been able to do that, fine. You can stick with that argument for what it's worth. I'm a numbers guy. I'm also someone who doesn't play Madden, so I'm more likely to still understand that defense is just as important as offense, maybe more important.

You need to get yourself a sarcasm meter.

...this happens to you, a lot.

If we are talking about the SB I don't see how it was one position or one side of the balls fault. Special teams blew it, offense blew it, defense blew it. Every single one of these groups had their chances and every single one faultered.

Alex overcame a lot but to think he would overcome that kind of poor play from the defense and special teams against a team like Baltimore is pretty ridiculous. Anyways this is KC Chief discussion thread and we should get back to that.

Jamal Charles goes down and it's season over with. Good to hear his injury wasn't serious.

That's true, but by the numbers, the offense scored enough points to win every Super Bowl that came before it except one and that would have been a tie. Also, the Niners have given up KO runs for TD's in Super Bowls before and still won the game because the defense was a lot better. It's a matter of degree. The offense put 31 points on the board. Check. Defense allowed 28 points. Check. Special teams allowed 7 points with the help of one of the most glaring non-calls I've ever seen. Check.

1st sentence was sarcasm the rest was agreeing with you. Sorry for the confusion
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
You need to get yourself a sarcasm meter.

...this happens to you, a lot.

I know. If you know where I can get one, please tell me. Until then, I think we need a special tag or font.

Alex overcame a lot but to think he would overcome that kind of poor play from the defense and special teams against a team like Baltimore is pretty ridiculous. Anyways this is KC Chief discussion thread and we should get back to that.

Jamal Charles goes down and it's season over with. Good to hear his injury wasn't serious.

Is the depth behind Charles that bad?
I thought they had a fairly good stable of RBs, though I haven't seen them play extensively.
Share 49ersWebzone