[ Edited by 228niner on Jan 18, 2013 at 6:23 AM ]
There are 498 users in the forums
Browns hired Michael Lombardi
- 1 2
Jan 18, 2013 at 6:16 AM
- 228niner
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,630
woooow, haven't seen this reported anywhere but if it's true I would like to see how it turns out
Jan 18, 2013 at 6:22 AM
- valrod33
- Hall of Small
- Posts: 138,120
Guess Alex Smith wont be a Brown
Jan 18, 2013 at 6:30 AM
- NC49erfan82
- Veteran
- Posts: 12,658
I dont care for him
Jan 18, 2013 at 7:13 AM
- Jcool
- Veteran
- Posts: 44,532
Good luck with that Cleveland!
Jan 18, 2013 at 7:29 AM
- LasVegasWally
- Veteran
- Posts: 24,886
I think he would have been a terrible GM for us.
Jan 18, 2013 at 8:35 AM
- WRATHman44
- Staff
- Posts: 16,956
What's gonna happen to LaCanfora? She's gonna have to eat a lot of ice cream and watch "Romy and Michelle's HS Reunion" about 200 times to get over this break-up. Maybe now she will stop trying to dress like a dude and get back on the treadmill. It's time to find a new boo, Jasika!
Jan 18, 2013 at 8:49 AM
- verb1der
- Member
- Posts: 15,613
Just because his last name is Lombardi doesn't mean he'll bring you a Lombardi.
Jan 18, 2013 at 8:54 AM
- DaDivaRecieva15
- Veteran
- Posts: 37,974
Originally posted by verb1der:
Just because his last name is Lombardi doesn't mean he'll bring you a Lombardi.
Jan 18, 2013 at 9:08 AM
- FlayvaMeister
- Veteran
- Posts: 7,565
Originally posted by 228niner:
woooow, haven't seen this reported anywhere but if it's true I would like to see how it turns out
True ... just finished watching his Presser on NFLN.
Jan 18, 2013 at 9:11 AM
- pelos21
- Veteran
- Posts: 7,750
Originally posted by WRATHman44:What's gonna happen to LaCanfora? She's gonna have to eat a lot of ice cream and watch "Romy and Michelle's HS Reunion" about 200 times to get over this break-up. Maybe now she will stop trying to dress like a dude and get back on the treadmill. It's time to find a new boo, Jasika!
Lol
Jan 18, 2013 at 9:26 AM
- dtg_9er
- Veteran
- Posts: 33,204
He knows the management and is an easy fit. Not a bad choice for a team trying to steady the ship. Don't care for him as a GM but as a VP of Personnel I don't have a problem. He is not a leader in my opinion but a BS artist with good knowledge.
Jan 18, 2013 at 9:32 AM
- Kingpin
- Veteran
- Posts: 10,485
Nice pick up. Browns will be relevant again in a few years.
Jan 18, 2013 at 9:33 AM
- KowboyKiller
- Veteran
- Posts: 6,991
I hope he can get that mess turned around.
Jan 18, 2013 at 9:39 AM
- FlayvaMeister
- Veteran
- Posts: 7,565
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
I think he would have been a terrible GM for us.
I'd have to agree with you on this.
If you've ever taken the time to listen to him -- when asked his insight/opinion on anything 49er
related -- his remarks are: next-to never, hardly-ever, in accordance with what is being reported
on, or discussed, with respects to the 49ers.
I don't know if it's sour-grapes or not ... but I'll wager his vision for the team (had he been picked
as the new GM), would not have the 49ers in the position they finds themselves in at present, and
into the future.
- 1 2