Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Alex Smith
49ers 1st round pick
49ers 3rd round pick
49ers 6th round pick

Buffalo 1st round pick
Buffalo 3rd round pick

Make it happen.

Are the Bills gonna get a penalty for "tampering" too?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Would be a good fit for him. Also, They may have less people to post dumb junk like right above me. Dammit 949. Two above

reported

As truth? lol

nope as inciting. haha
  • Paul
  • Veteran
I'd fear Smith wouldn't be as good in another system..... Fitzpatrick didn't even really have a bad year either, if he leaves Buffalo I could see him starting elsewhere or competing for a job.
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Alex and our 1st rounder for their top 10 pick. Im down with that for sure!

definitely would be down for that!
I doubt Alex is going anywhere until Kaepernick can prove himself in the playoffs. If he chokes big time -- they may just let the two them battle it out again in training camp despite whether or not people on the webzone like it. Now if CK does fairly well, then I could see all of this happening.
Originally posted by mustangmele:
I doubt Alex is going anywhere until Kaepernick can prove himself in the playoffs. If he chokes big time -- they may just let the two them battle it out again in training camp despite whether or not people on the webzone like it. Now if CK does fairly well, then I could see all of this happening.

Not a chance. Alex is history as a 49er after these playoffs. As for Buffalo giving up the 10th pick for Alex and our first., all I can say is. LOL. I can see a 3rd rounder for Alex and that is about it. I would gladly take that from a team drafting near the top.
Alex will end up in KC
Everyone's hands in Buffalo are cold, so Alex doesn't have to worry about a hot hand taking the job.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Not a chance. Alex is history as a 49er after these playoffs. As for Buffalo giving up the 10th pick for Alex and our first., all I can say is. LOL. I can see a 3rd rounder for Alex and that is about it. I would gladly take that from a team drafting near the top.

He's not going anywhere. The niners will eat the 8 million this season just to make sure kap is going to be ok then ship him out. But I could be wrong.

If Buffalo does acquire him, then they need an offensive guru to help Alex along. I cannot imagine Alex playing well with a defensive minded coach. Someone like Andy Reid (even though he may be kc bound) may do wonders for that God forsaken franchise.
Are some of you guys rooting for Colin Kaepernck to fail because of Alex Smith? I mean really... Buffalo will continue losing even if Smith goes there because they have given up 45 plus points 3 or 4 times this year.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
good run game and what could be a pretty good defense. That would be a good fit

also very weak division

0.o weak? Pats and rising phins in that division
Originally posted by anubis5:
He's not going anywhere. The niners will eat the 8 million this season just to make sure kap is going to be ok then ship him out. But I could be wrong.

Huh? We have virtually no cap room next year. His cap number is $9.75 mil for next year. No way we waste almost 1/12th of our cap room on a backup QB that we replaced mid-season with the guy we see as our future. Harbaugh will not bench the Mad Kapper this postseason, under any circumstances. Alex is as good as gone, I have appreciated everything he has done and would love to keep him on the 49ers but no way he is here next season.
Originally posted by anubis5:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Not only could you be wrong,.. you ARE wrong. 8 million for a backup QB? LOL
Share 49ersWebzone