There are 410 users in the forums

Report: Tim Tebow is expected to ask NY Jets to either be traded or released

Shop 49ers game tickets
he needs to ask?
SIGN HIM NOW
  • Paul
  • Veteran
The guy has handled himself so well through all of this season's woes... and I do not care what people say... the fact remains, in 2011 he started in the NFL led Denver to the playoffs and won a playoff game. He deserves at least 1 more legit chance imo
He should ask for his release and sign with the Pats. You know Josh McDaniels is a big fan of his. One of the few places where Tebow can actually develop his skills.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
The worst move the Jets made this off season was trade for Tebow. The best move they made this season is not letting him play a whole lot.

When Tebow is released, 31 teams in the NFL will make a great decision by not signing him. One team will wreak their season.
Unless he's made substantial progress, Tebow is a sideshow as a starting QB. Fire and passion can only win you a few games a year. If you cant throw a basic out route without short hopping that sht or a half dozen other things that are flawed with his throwing motion, he's gonna be nothing more than a novelty act.

Tebow and Alex Smith will be gunning for the same 2 or 3 jobs in KC, Jacksonville and maybe Arizona and Smith will get first dibs on all those spots if he's interested except for maybe J'Ville who will try to capitalize on the Florida Gator thing. "Good Kid, Bad Quarterback." Call him Tebow Lamar.
[ Edited by 602_JamestownAve on Dec 18, 2012 at 11:40 PM ]
Who cares? I mean really. What value does this guy have as an NFL QB? Zero, zip, nada. Turn the page people.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Who cares? I mean really. What value does this guy have as an NFL QB? Zero, zip, nada. Turn the page people.

If nothing else, his value is in ratings. Tebow in a spread offense even only winning 7 or 8 games a year would still be one of the NFL's biggest and most entertaining commodities.
I'm not a hater of Tebow the person (I know he rubs a lot of people the wrong way), but I'm firmly in the camp that thinks he's not a viable NFL starting QB.

I'm hoping he's able to swallow a little pride and become a superstar "slash" player for Jaguars.
Vernon Davis for Tebow. Make it happen Baalke

He might want to be a QB but whatever team signs him should make him change positions, he could be a good fullback or H back, he is clearly not a starting QB or even a good backup.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
who gives a f**k, he sucks. As terrible as the Jets are, they see how terrible Tebow is in practice everyday which is why they're going with the other dude.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
He should ask for his release and sign with the Pats. You know Josh McDaniels is a big fan of his. One of the few places where Tebow can actually develop his skills.

This might work, esp if some team tries to take ryan mallet away from the pats, which has been mentioned......
If he's not a Jet, he'll be a Jag.
This is a real tough call - what team would he fit BEST in?

As a starting QB not too many.

The Raiders suck w/Carlson Palmer but they don't suck because of him. They suck because of Al Davis.

It would take some thought to see where he's fit.

i think his best scenario would be a RB/Pass-option position.
Share 49ersWebzone