There are 347 users in the forums

Report: Tim Tebow is expected to ask NY Jets to either be traded or released

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Valrod33:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

Caldwell on Tebow: "He is a member of the NY Jets. I can't imagine a scenario where he'd be a Jacksonville Jaguars even if he's released"

Alex Smith and Greg Roman in Jacksonville next year book it

nope I dont think Roman is all in on smith.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Valrod33:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

Caldwell on Tebow: "He is a member of the NY Jets. I can't imagine a scenario where he'd be a Jacksonville Jaguars even if he's released"

Alex Smith and Greg Roman in Jacksonville next year book it

nope I dont think Roman is all in on smith.

Maybe not, but you have to admit that in the short-term at least, it makes perfect sense. Alex already knows the offense and could step in and run it right away. That'd allow Jacksonville time to draft and/or groom a franchise QB. IMO, Alex isn't going to be the long term starter anywhere he goes, so he may as well go with the option that gives him the best chance for success (Roman).
Originally posted by Archie:
Tebow simply cannot play quarterback at the professional level. It is as simple as that. No coach in his right mind would let Sanchez start week after week if he knew there was a viable option on the bench. I read all the posts on other websites bashing Elway and hoping Peyton Manning gets hurt, all for sorry-behind TeBow and it confirms that emotion trumps logic everytime.

While I agree that he is far from the traditional idea of a QB, it has to be said that for all of his flaws the man was winning games. And now that the read option is the flavor of the month, I can see someone taking a chance on him. He won't cost much so if it doesn't work he can be cut with minimal pain.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/10/caldwell-slams-the-door-on-a-tebow-homecoming/

"I can't imagine a scenario where he'd be a Jacksonville Jaguar," Caldwell said of Tebow at an introductory press conference, via multiple reports.

boom - no Tebow to JAX. Anything can happen but I dont think anyone would've signed on if Tebow was coming to town.
  • vaden
  • Veteran

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk

Tim Tebow playing next year for Jaguars "a virtual certainty" http://wp.me/p14QSB-6L4Q via @mortreport

yeah, just like it was a "virtual certainty" that Chip Kelly was leaving for the nfl and Andy Reid was headed to Arizona
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vaden:

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk

Tim Tebow playing next year for Jaguars "a virtual certainty" http://wp.me/p14QSB-6L4Q via @mortreport

yeah, just like it was a "virtual certainty" that Chip Kelly was leaving for the nfl and Andy Reid was headed to Arizona

lol yea. see my post above. Anything can change but Caldwell bluntly said "I can't see a single scenario he is a Jaguar, even if he is released". Tebow is going to be in for a har time trying to find a job lol.
Tim Tebow does not have the skills of an Nfl starting quarterback and the Jags general manager knows this, Rex Ryan knows this, John Fox knows and so does John Elway and so does Charlie Casserly. The only people that have a hard time logically accepting are fans and silly commentators like M. Wilbon. Wilbon said practice does not count when evaluating a player. Really? Some young man that can play his position will now get that opportunity in Jacksonville. Tebow is not good enough and I wish more time would be spent on young guys that can play the position as required.
I hate all the Ryans, especially Rex. A bunch of loud-mouth louts. The father was a scumbag and the apples don't fall far from the tree.

Not a Tebow fan BUT they treated him like crap and he didnn't do anything to deserve it.

I wish him well and lots of success.

I hope he goes to the Bills and they shutout the Jets every time they play.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I don't understand why he gets so much press still, most ex-Heisman trophy winners fall into obscurity pretty quick after they don't get much playing time. Seems like Tebow gets as much on air time as the elite QBs of the league.
Tim Ryan seems to think that Greg Roman prefers Alex Smith over Kaepernick or at least likes his ability.

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Tim Ryan seems to think that Greg Roman prefers Alex Smith over Kaepernick or at least likes his ability.

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
who the f**k would want Tebow? I can see someone taking him for the league minimum, but not much more. And even then, he'd just be a short yardage back.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Jets do not plan to release Tim Tebow before start of new league year in March and will hold on to him with slim hopes they can trade him.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
with CK's success running the read option, I'm sure the jets will start running it with Tebow. Tebow should send CK a thank you note. might of saved his career.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Andrew Brandt ‏@adbrandt

Tebow was promised a package from Jets in recruiting him over Jacksonville, turned out to be mostly a sell to get him there.
Share 49ersWebzone